Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subaru B9 Tribeca (B9X)

Comments

• Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Is it legal?

"While these devices can ease the tedium of a long ride in the back seat, car owners increasingly are choosing to outfit their dashboards -- and break the law in the process. Watching any kind of screen while driving is illegal in many states, and critics say these entertainment-rich wagons are careering toward disaster."

Driving under the influence.

tidester, host
  • Options
    x5killerx5killer Member Posts: 368
    Anyone else change the OE wheels and tires like cluelesspa? He posted some great pics and I'm interested to see pics of other modifactions as well. I just have the front windoes tinted to match the back and Subaru lettering off no nothing major unless anyone wants to see what the satin pearl white looks like with the moon roof deflector and the nost guard and mud guards etc.

Here is the link to the one backup cam solution with display in replacment rear view mirror. http://www.rostra.com/RearSight.htm

it shows one with a 2.5 in. display which seems a little smal and one with a 3.5 but doesn't list price.

Here is the link to a backup cam kit with a replacment mirror with a 6.5 in. display.
    http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RV651-NP&cpc=SCH&srm=0

Its out of stock right now so it must be popular and got me excited to have that big of display in it, but I'm worried therefore the mirror is huge and more for like a van or mack truck,heh.

Will a mirror that houses a 6.5 display block too much of the view out of the windshield?

Also, here is the bluetooth mirror wiht caller id display.
    http://www.engadget.com/2005/11/11/bluetooth-rear-view-mirror-integrates-speaker- phone-and-caller/
    found this guys comments interesting which plays into my concern of having to choose between rearview mirror with backup cam or bt mirror. Would be great to have both in one and not lose the compass of the auto dimming compass mirror that many of us have and are worried about replacing. Also, would be great to tie in the dvd to that rearview mirror screen so its not just for backup cam and thats it.
    "You guys, I'm in Japan now, and this isn't new at all. Infact, they have rear view mirrors that have a small video that can be projected. The Japanese hook up their central console device to it. They include, watching DVD's, GPS, Music, etc from a Double Din looking device. They are found in just about every car you can find here. I'm sure you can put up a GPS map there or even filter your video input up there, but the size looks to be about a 2" screen. Just thought to let you know."

other link with info and price:
    http://www.pjbox.co.uk/Mirror-Type-Bluetooth-Handsfree-Car-Kit.htm
  • Options
    subienewbie2subienewbie2 Member Posts: 458
    Brian

Maybe you feel you do not have any social responsibility but
    I believe you mentioned you are a Para-Medic. As a public safety officer have you checked your states statutes to see if TV screens viewable to the driver are legal? If they are not do you intend to violate the oath you took simply because you are inconvenienced?

I understand about keeping young children occupied - but how old is your wife that she can not sit still without a movie to watch. Apparently you have broken you ground when it comes to "Robbing the Cradle" Give her a book to read if she is old enough to read, that should shut her up so you can drive safely.
  • Options
    brianpilonbrianpilon Member Posts: 23
    :confuse: how do you post pictures
  • Options
  • Options
    tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Click the help link to left (near the top) - it provides instruction for posting pictures. Is this what you wanted?

[edit]Hmm ... slight problem with this one!

tidester, host
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The front end is getting to be the standard for comparisons.

"But the front end has a bit of B9Tribeca in it -- tall fenders and big grille."

Guess the '07 SUV being talked about and then visit the link to see how you did.

Karl on Cars

Steve, Host
  • Options
    fitguyfitguy Member Posts: 220
    hmmm- kind of reminds me of the (very) old saying "she had a smile like the grill of a '52 Buick" if you've ever seen one, you know it ain't purty!
  • Options
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    b9bingob9bingo Member Posts: 46
    God that's ugly. maybe if you put some carpet on it or it was made out of fiberglass.
  • Options
    In reply to cluelesspa who said in an earlier post:
    "now that they fixed the squeak and I know I wont have to look for a lemon xchange car because they fixed the problem finally "
    what squeaking did you have? I have a creaking emanating from my left front wheel, that seems to be linked with braking but also happens just when going over a small bump like a garage or driveway lip at low speed. Its annoying and makes the car sound cheap when its a loaded 7 pas ltd that I paid 38-39k in full for back when they first came out this past summer.
    Not that=
    I can put a price on the enjoyment i got all summer and being the only=
    Tribeca around i saw for months and getting all the looks of ppl not=
    knowing what it was with the badging off and front windows tinted, still=
    between them offering the nav in 5 seat which i would have got and feel it=
    might lighten the car and make it faster not to mention cheaper but i'm=
    done crying over that and just hope it adds to resale.
    Also, as=
    far as this posts title is concerned. I am also still looking for a way to=
    by pass the parking brake disabling the dvd to play on front screen while=
    in drive and more importantly to allow the Nav to accept input from the=
    passenger while driving like every other car does
  • Options
    This doesn't look bad. How much was it total with install to the Nav.
  • Options
    what happen to your leather and carpeting on back of third row? Seems you had hte beige because the side walls look beige but your leather and carpeting look brown.

I know the Tribeca's desert beige leather is light but I love it and its better then Acura's yellowish beige color.
  • Options
    Subaru's Turbo Parallel Hybrid (TPH) powertrain, which is linked to the company's trademark symmetrical four-wheel-drive system

TPH places a thin electric motor generator between the car's 2.0-liter Miller-cycle flat-four turbo engine and the automatic transmission. The Miller-cycle technology, which we last saw in the mid-1990s Mazda Millenia near-luxury sedan, improves engine efficiency by reducing pumping losses due to a power stroke that is longer than the compression stroke. Often, this system makes an engine unresponsive at low speeds, but with the electric motor, Subaru claims, standing-start torque is better than even the turbocharged Impreza WRX's. The generator also acts as an engine-assist to boost fuel economy. The combined output is 256 hp and 253 lb-ft of torque.
  • Options
    jeffmcjeffmc Member Posts: 1,742
    Steve, I see a lot more '06 Forester in that face than I see B9 Tribeca. *shrug*
  • Options
    x5killer - the TPH system publicly debuted at the Tokyo Auto Show in October. I believe I read Subaru was going to test it in some Japanese Legacies in '07. It always seems like any exciting news from Subaru takes forever to become reality and even longer to hit our shores in North America.

This is the really exciting part of the B5-TPH concept displayed at Tokyo and now at NAIAS in Detroit. Everyone talks about whether they like the looks of the concept coupe or not, and that seems to detract from the important part of the concept: its guts!
    Seems to me Subaru's determined to put this technology into production, but it'll probably be three years before we see a hint of it here, I bet. :(

Here's a link to Subaru's original August press release:
    http://www.fhi.co.jp/english/news/press/2005/05_08_18e.pdf
  • Options
    its just the picture, flash or something, the interior is all grey and black
  • Options
    it cost 2800.00 for everything i did. thats the 9.5" flip down tv/dvd which is connected to front nav, all speakers replaced with combinets, 5 channel amp, 10" sub, bass control up front, alarm with auto start- and window controls, and the custom built back for amp and sub. also had satelite radio and alarm installed. keep in mind thats with a 3 year warranty. the next thing they are doing is adding a kit so my steering wheel controls will control dvd player. thats $100.00 more he said.
  • Options
    maybe its the picture but you are the first to say its ugly, must people are very impressed with the work. i have actually had about 5 people go get stuff down at that shop after seeing what they had done for me. very clean and matches well with interior. plus the factory mat fits right on top if i need to carry things back there. sorry you didnt like but i think it might just be the picture, doesnt do it justice
  • Options
    Here's what my dealer's used car website said regarding the tornado-damaged B9 Tribecas (& other Subaru models).

"I've personally hand-selected a large number of Special Purchase Vehicles which were made available due to a wind storm at a Subaru assembly plant. Subaru removed the protective exterior wrapping, cleaned the vehicles, and sold them as used vehicles through a Subaru Company Auction.
    All Vehicles come with Subaru's new vehicle Full Mechanical Warranties that start the day you pick up your car.
    All Vehicles have less than 50 miles on them."
  • Options
    cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    looks sweet so its all hidden underneath? the only thing is you lost your spare tire jack?

I thought there was no base in my factory prem system as well until I played MP3 cds. with a good 128 or 256 bit rate MP3 playing, it will vibrate the mirror. playing any other source I cant get any base hardly out of the sub in the back. but with a MP3s playing it does have some punch. alot more then any other source (CD / Radio).
  • Options
    pulling back into the parking garage at work today that I I've pulled in a million times somehow I must have cut it to sharp or something and even though i wasn't going fast the corner of the curb must have cut the tire open. Its completely sliced, non patchable. :sick:

So, I need a new tire. There is a tire place luckily right across the street (I think Goodyear). I guess cheapest would be to just get another of the same. But with some of the talk that the stock Goodyears weren't the best I was thinking of changing, but would have to change all 4 then and hope they buy the other 3 practically new Goodyears? :confuse:

If I was going to change all 4 I was going to get bigger tires and like 20" wheels like some others did here (cluelesspa) but wasn't going to do that until the spring.

Can anyone recommend a better tire then the stock Goodyears that will fit the stock wheels? I've heard ppl mention Bridgestone and I have had good results with Dunlaps in the past.

I'm going to go over there soon, so please respond asap.
    Thankyou kindly in advance fellow Beca owners.

:cry:
  • Options
    anmillsanmills Member Posts: 8
    Seems there were lots of projects afoot to get this done and integrated. Has anyone actually completed it yet?

Ideal Solution would be 'engage rear, nav unit shows rearcam'
  • Options
    I'll email you but unless you live close I prob wont bother. I figure this is an excuse to get 4 new tires and possibly different wheels though I will be on the donut now so will prob want to get whatever I do tonight or tomorrow morning.

So might not be time to get the right deal on 4 new tires and wheels. I liked what clueless pa did but even he took those off for winter. I want something to leave on for all season and now what I can get at a local tire/wheel place. We have a few good ones. I'll see what I can do.

The Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza seems to be rated well. I checked out tirerack.com
  • Options
    c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    Do you like the way the B9 rides and handles on the stock tires? If so, that is a very strong reason to stay with the same tires. Don't rely on what other people say, or the sometimes wacky reviews on TireRack -- place your own personal opinions of the tires in the forefront. Changing tires is sometimes a gamble.

Craig
  • Options
    Well I fooled the brake switch and the dvd works while driving, but of course the brake light is on in the dash. Sadly this doesn't disable the Nav. controls lockout while driving, so this mod is a waste of time. those of us who want to have a working dvd and full Nav. controls while driving (for the front passenger of course), will have to find some way to get behind the Nav. system and figure out what wires we need to play with to get pass the lockout for dvd, and full Nav. controls while driving. I don't know where to begin. If someone figures this out please fill us in.
  • Options
    Well, none of the tire places in my area have the Goodyear Eagle LS-2 and they also agree its a crappy tire. Granted I dont think they are as bad as some have said and they've been fine for me but again noone has it, I'm not waiting to order it, I can sell the other 3 good ones i have to the same discount tire place that I can get 4 new different and better tires from.

The main thing was I was thinking mine as well get 4 new 20" tires and new wheels to fit then too but I wont be able to get that right away either and bottom line is its not worth it in middel of winter even if we are having unseasonably mild weather right now in the NE.

I mean I want to get all season tires and rugged enough wheels (not chrome) that will be fine through the winter (but look better then the stock wheels) so I dont have to change each season but I'd still have to wait and it might be good to have 4 18's that fit the OE wheels i dunno.

I really dont want to store those if i plan to keep the 20's on if i get them but i guess it would be good to have for resale in case whoever i sell or trade it to wants the original wheels and/or i want to keep keep my 20's and wheels.

Either way I dont want to have the small spare on past tomorrow, and i'm not getting one new diff wheel if they dont have the goodyear eagle ls-2, so I'll just go to the discount place and get 4 of whatever they have that fits and sell the other 3 goodyears on there now.

Thing is I think they might only have the same Goodyear Wrangler HP's that the Goodyear and Sears had by my work, but i dont think either of them would buy my other 3 tires so its fine plus this place is prob cheaper.

Not sure how the GY Wrangler HP's are rated but friend told me he had them before and they're fine and the stores say they're good, bleh. I'm sure they are equal or slight better then the Eagle LS-2's

They did also mention they might have some Pirellis but not sure which ones and if they took it back that they weren't the right size otherwise i may get them as a bunch of Pirellis are well rated and sure they are better then teh goodyears and they are cooler.
  • Options
    can the Tribeca fit a full size spare in the slot underneath car where the smaller spare that comes with the vehichle is?
  • Options
    cluelesspa:
    which wheels did you get from discounttiredirect?
    because the ones they show for 20" that will Tribeca, none look like the ones you have in the pictures you posted.

Yours look similiar to the MB Senna's but yours are diff and what is the blue center cap on yours?
  • Options
    raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    We've got a few of those from the same auction...the cars are a good deal less than "new" but you should still research the prices.
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Not without seriously reducing the angle of departure, as a full-size (255 width) will really hang down low. I asked Dave Sullivan (the Tribeca Brand Manager at SOA) about that last year at the Tribeca's Detroit debut. That was his response.

Bob
  • Options
    c_hunterc_hunter Member Posts: 4,487
    Ray, so what is the deal with those vehicles? Is there any noticeable damage? Are they Tribecas only, or were there some Leg/OB as well?

thanks,
    CRaig
  • Options
    megreyhairmegreyhair Member Posts: 154
    I have posted it in the past and there it is again.
    Kenwood sells a unit for $200 that has like 3 video and audio input and 1 output (RCA). 1 of the input is for rearcam. when u change to reverse, it automatically switch to rearcam. You also have 2 more vid./audio to watch whatever on your nav screen.
    http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=8&k3=57&pr=1976
  • Options
    pschreckpschreck Member Posts: 524
    Is the rear view so bad that you NEED a camera to see when reversing? Or is this just a "want" thing?
  • Options
    reuben2reuben2 Member Posts: 11
    Before I bought my Tribeca I was concerned about rear visibility, based on messages I saw on this message board. However, I have not found it to be a problem.

It may just be because I had low expectations and the actual visibility exceeded them!
  • Options
    I drive a Sequoia now (great vehicle). I can't imagine that a Tribeca could be any worse to back into or out of a parking space than that. I just use my outside mirrors.
  • Options
    Shane,
    So how are the 20 in. MB Yuma wheels? What tires did you get?

I'm probably getting the 20 in. MB Senna wheels in gloss black machined (looks good on my Satin Pearl White).
    Possibly with some Yokohama Geolandr tires in , i think, 275/45-20 size.

botht the MB Yuma and Senna are listed for the tribeca on discount tire so they are the proper offset and that is the tire size to fit.

I guess cluelesspa just really wanted the Voxx Scorze wheels even though they aren't neccesarily a recommended listing but had the right bolt pattern and they didn't see why they wouldn't work. Dave rememered the situation.

I'm assuming then it was those particular wheels cluelesspa got that needed the 255/45-20 tires which through me off and had me looking for that size tires.

I'm assuming the 275/45-20 is the proper tire size for the 20 in. MB Yuma and Senna's which are recommended wheels with the proper offset as i said for the Tribeca but I am wondering how they are compared to the stock 255/55/18 tires.

the first # is the width right? so though cluelesspa took a risk getting wheels that my not be exactly one of the recommended offerings his tires are the same thickness at 255.

I'm also assuming if you got the Yuma's that you got 275/45-20 tires, so how are they?
    you mentioned about getting new tire sensors. Dave said that at least on the Senna's because of the angle of the air stem, they should work with the TPMS. Is that possible/true? because it sounds like you had to order new tire sensors for your Yumas?
  • Options
    subienewbie2subienewbie2 Member Posts: 458
    I came out of a car with rear video camera & Tilt down mirrors along with very good rear & side visibiltiy. Needless to say - when I got my B9 - trying to park it was intimidating to say the least.

I now have had it for 7 months & live in Chicago so a fair amount of parrelel parking is the norm. To my relief I have yet to ding up my bumper at all nor have I run over or hit anything or anyone behind me.

That said, I have had several close calls while backing up where I almost hit people or cars that were approaching from either rear side of the car. These close calls would never have occurred to in my previous car.

When in reverse the rear view is very inferior. The side mirrors are almost useless since that lack a tilt down feature.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    cluelesspacluelesspa Member Posts: 648
    forget the type but its posted in one of my follow up posts on the model of wheel and the sales person I delt with. the blue center is just the protective blue film I did not remove yet over the center cap.
  • Options
    anmillsanmills Member Posts: 8
    Yep thanks for that, Saw your post the first time round, this seems like a unit that could be used, but then it still needs to be fitted, linked to NAV, tied to camera and so on.

Has anyone got a rear cam tied to Nav yet?

Its not a must have, but it is a nice to have
  • Options
    Thanks subie. I'm sure it's helpful to have the extra visibility. I'm looking for a replacement for the Sequoia which we will be coming off lease in July. Not sure what we'll do. Heck, we may even buy the Sequoia from the lease company.

I never thought to look in the rear veiw mirror when I sat in the Tribeca. I haven't test driven one yet since it's still months away and I don't want to waste the salesman's time.

My wife has a 2000 Outback and it's been a fine vehicle. We want something larger than the Outback but don't really NEED the Sequoia's size.
  • Options
    you forgot the type of tire? I think you mentioned they were summer tread and that you took them off for winter. I know you got the Voxx Scorze in 20" and they are in teh 5-114" bolt pattern for 20's. I checked through all the 20" wheels with that bolt pattern/size and luckily there isn't anything I like much more then what I got which luckily were listed as one of the recommended choices for size 20" wheels for the Tribeca which I guess just means the offset and whatever is same or closer.

In fact the ones I got are 35mm offset compared to 40mm offset on stocks, so they will only stick out 5mm which is nothing.

Also the few that I did like in 20" in that bolt pattern are either more expensive or dont come in a true or all black. I liked the TSW Kyalami
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=20&c=0&pc=51659&r- - - w=8.5&bp=5-114.3
    for the wire like design and the whitish center cap that covers the bolts but it is way more expensive then what i got and is a dark grey while I was more set on black to go with all the black accents of the car and contrast the satin pearl white.

I liked the Konig Beyond
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=20&c=2&pc=66457&r- - - w=10&bp=5-114.3
    and Unknown
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=20&c=2&pc=57917&r- - - w=8&bp=5-114.3

but one is more grey and silver/chrome and the other has black but also mixed with silver/chrome and both are expensive and have exposed bolts while i like the ones with cap over.

And I do like the ones that you got the Voxx Scorze
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=20&c=0&pc=52745&r- - - w=8&bp=5-114.3

nice whitish center cap once you take off the blue plastic. Funny that I thought at first from your pics that the blue was part of the center of the rim.
    Though they are at the price of the ones I got they are too grey not black even though color is called hyper black. Exposed bolts and I dont neccesarily like the bolt look around the edge.

3 out of those 4 have a light or whitish center that would look good playing off the Satin Pearl White but with all the black accents of the Tribeca and the accessories (like nose guard sun roof wind deflector etc.) I think more solid or mostly truer black wheels look good with the white and the guy at discount tire said the same (I worked with Dave as well and told him you referred me, though I guess its too late for you to get a referral credit of any kind)

Anyway I got the MB wheels Senna in 20" in the gloss black machined
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?mk=&yr=2006&wd=20&pc- - - =57168&rw=8.5&bp=5-114.3&vid=009412

They have coverd bolts with what looks like a locking center cap. the color I wanted, the design/style I like, the lower price and best of all they are actually one of the ones that are known/recommened to fit the Tribeca so I feel better with that. Getting the Voxx Scorze you got would work since you took the chance and said they work but any other you wouldn't know for sure till you got them and put them on.

Also, I know Shane from this forum got the MB Wheels Yuma
    http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?wd=20&c=0&pc=57727&r- - - w=8.5&bp=5-114.3
    in 20" which are also recommended to fit the Tribeca and I think he got chrome though never did get a working picture posted. They come with a center cap that says MB SUV which is cool while the ones i got come with a center cap that says "MB Motoring" but that is minor and I like the Senna's better and at least so far we all have different ones.

Not sure if he worked with Dave but that would be 3 of us who got from discount tire that we know of and I did get a good price so I can recommend so far.

I got the wheels mounted and balanced with Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S GO52 which are top rated. They are 275/45-20 size which threw me off because I think tirerack.com shows or recommends 255/45R20 for 20" wheels. I think i asked before but that means the 275's will be wider right? All I know is that the wheels I picked are recommended and the offsets will be right and so if discount tire says that thats the tire size that fits them then it is right.

They are supposed to be good for all season and though not as fancy/stylish a tread as a Toyo tire say they will be good in all conditions and seasons along with the durable black rims, so I can leave them on all the time which was important to me. I might even sell my remaing 3 like new stock goodyears just to offset my costs for the new wheels and tires. Not worth to keep 3 and wold have to buy a 4th anyway just to have a spare set of tires that fit the original stock oe wheels.

I'll just have to be careful and hope nothing happens to the new tires. As even one 20" Yokohama will be expensive to replace and most places wont have on stock.

What would you guys recommend as a spare though? I think the current stock spare would be too small even for temporary with the larger 20's. So maybe I'll keep one of the stock goodyears and have them put that underneath where the spare goes (not worried about slight loss of departure angle) then the diff between the stock 18 to the 20's will be similiar to what the smaller spare is to the 18's.

Should get them by the end of the week and on by Sat. I will post how I like them and pics soon after that.

In the meantime I will suffer with the spare (not really a donut, but a smaller blank wheel) for a couple days which only have me further appreciate the new wheels. Anyone laughing at the look of the donut wont bother me knowing that in a few days I'll have nice 20" wheels and tires. I just hope they hold up as they should through the rest of the winter. It just made more sense to get them now then get 4 new 18's now and then 4 new 20's and wheels in spring.
  • Options
    raybearraybear Member Posts: 1,795
    There is no noticeable damage, I really think they're just overstocks and Subaru needed an excuse....we've seen "rail dust" damage cars auctioned off in the past. The CARFAX's I ran were all clean.
  • Options
    ok so I searched back and finally found that you got the Nitto 420's tires. They do look nice and aggressive. I almost got some Toyo tirs with similiar tread pattern and design. Dave said there were some Hankooks that would work on the wheel i got with that type of tread and design but even though also all season wouldn't be as good as the Yokohama GeoLandar in all seasons so I stuck with the Yokohamas.
    I know you mentioned they are summer tires only too. I guess I gave up the style and aggresive tread for tires I can keep on all year round.
    I know you mentioned in some posts that your measurements all added up the same as stock so shouldn't effect your tire rotation and speedometer etc. I'm assuming the wheels that discount tire shows as fitting the tribeca also fit tires that not only dont affect the offset much if any but also the rotation and other stuff you mentioned.

I will prob see if the dealer can turn off the tpms light for now until I get 4 new sensors? Can they take them out of the stock wheels/tires? In which case I will have them take them out of my 4 stock tires (though one is flat and hopefully didn't damage the sensor when riding on it for short time at slow speed when it was flat)and put those in my 4 new tires/wheels. Is this possible. He said the wheels i got have a air stem what will work with teh tpms's.

I hope it all works out for me, heh.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    lol - rail dust damage sales. That's a hoot. Wonder if the dealer tosses in a free clay bar with those?

Steve, Host
  • Options
    vger105vger105 Member Posts: 57
    Subaru's "Service Maintenance Handbook" came in the mail today, and the first recommended service is at 3,750 miles. I always do my first oil change in a new car at 1,000 miles. What do all of you do?
    Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    tls8thtls8th Member Posts: 27
    This might help I inquired if anyone had changed OE tires as well one reply from B9 owner that changed tires. Said the OE were wasting space in his garage and only had few hundred miles. Check #6587 on forum.
    Tim
  • Options
    tls8thtls8th Member Posts: 27
    Made my first oil change at about 2500 miles dealer said it was fine wish I did wait a little longer for break-in period. But from what I've read somewhere new cars today break-in periods are not as important as years past. I did change to a full synthetic oil SOA said no problem, won't effect warranty. No change in MPG, but engine does run quieter it seems. Doesn't sound so much like an import.
    Dealer did adjust price for bringing own oil.
    Tim