Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Crew - Meet The Members II

Comments

• mrk610mrk610 Member Posts: 378
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Her statement "I hope I can be of some assistance to you" is the Understatement of the Century!

Happy 2nd Anniversary Patti. You're our colleague, partner, care taker, lobbyist, information source, and friend.

*raises a virtual glass of bubbly*

CHEERS!

-juice
  • mrk610mrk610 Member Posts: 378
    Patty your the BEST.

mike k
  • lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 Member Posts: 1,089
    You have been, and continue to be the best friend a Subie owner could have! Happy 2nd Edmund's anniversary.
  • hypovhypov Member Posts: 3,068
    and, what Serge said. :)
    Patti-
    Thanks for helping me out back in 98/99 with my "Tweeter Bird" issue. ;)

-Dave

p/s Edmunds TH or we should immortalized her first post.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    You gonna come to the Hooter's meet on thurs?

Also if you are interested we are doing dinner tonight in SI. Meeting @ the dealer on Hylan @ 8:30ish.

-mike
    Hmmm...dinner @ the dealer on the dealer?
    I'm in :) shot me over the address.

-Dave
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Cheers! (raising my glass to Patti)

It was funny reading through that old post. Notice how us regulars completely inundate her with future model/technical questions right away?

I think Colin was the first offender. ;-)

Ken
    Not sure of the addy. Go to the subaru web page and plug in Staten Island, there is only one subie dealer on SI. We meet up there and when Mark get's off work @ 9 we go eat somewhere around there.

-mike
  • kate5000kate5000 Member Posts: 1,271
    I'll drink (non-virtually, mind you) to seeing her on this board for many many years ahead
    mike-
    I check the site for it.
    Thanks, and see ya there :)

-Dave
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    saloooot! (*gulp gulp gulp*)

I hope Patti truely realizes how much of an impact she has. She doesn't deserve being put into the 'dungeon' as often as SOA puts her there.

-Brian
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    our very own Subie Goddess!

Bob
  • subaru_teamsubaru_team Member Posts: 1,676
    It proves how time flies when you're having fun!

Thank you all for the nice comments and a wonderful two years. I know I've met some lifelong friends here. You are all great to work with and continue to dazzle me with your insight and sense of humor.

Thanks for finding that Ross!

Patti
  • jfljfl Member Posts: 1,396
    Thanks for taking care of our fellow Subie owners. Fortunately, mine is trouble-free after 44,000 (s)miles.

Jim
  • bluesubiebluesubie Member Posts: 3,497
    Congrats, Patti!
    Thank you for all of your help over the past couple of years. I believe it was Colin's posts on the i-club that directed me here in November of '00.

-Dennis
  • locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    wow, 2 years. I'd been a townhall participant probably over 2 years at that point and was overjoyed when Patti joined us. still am. :-D

I'm glad someone looked for that first post. And of course, STi parts arrived within months of my question and at much better prices than third-party imports. I remember when Imprezer (iClub, then impreza-rs.com) bought a set of STi5 struts and springs for nearly $1300! While in stock those were under $500 from SOA.

-Colin
    Back then, 165hp was as good as it got. Now we can choose from 212hp or 227hp, achieved via different means.

If we can keep up that pace, in 2 more years we'll have 289hp on tap. So, how 'bout that H6 supercharged to a nice 289hp for the 2005 VDC? I might just have to splurge for that one.

-juice
  • rangerron7rangerron7 Member Posts: 317
    It's good to have you here.
    Ron
  • bsvollerbsvoller Member Posts: 528
    'Twas one month almost to the day that we had our '01 when Patti joined the board. Thanks to you and SOA for caring so much and going the extra mile ("making nails with heads on them" comes to mind, but folks less familiar with German folk sayings might not follow...)

Back then I went by "not40yet", but I can't make that claim anymore... :-)

-brianV
  • lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984
    Guess we need a Philly Show reunion too....
    Yes, next year I say we go even if there isn't a big product intro. I'm cravin' cheesesteaks anyway.

I'll have mine "wit" onions.

-juice
  • hammersleyhammersley Member Posts: 684
    Loosh: Welcome back! I'd be interested to know how the grocery prices compare for all that much better food. And I must be part Francais... leisurely restaurant meals seem a thing of the past around here - seems the intent is to turn the table over ASAP. I love to sit, visit, eat a bit, make an evening out of it.. sigh. Maybe next week in Seattle!

Patti: Happy anniversary, on my wife's birthday, no less!

Cheers!
    Paul
  • yellowbikedon1yellowbikedon1 Member Posts: 94
    Let me add my good wishes and thanks for your two years of devotion!

Don
  • barresa62barresa62 Member Posts: 1,379
    You go girl!! Two years w/us hooligans and still not permantly assigned to the dungeon! Seriously, it's great having you here and pretty much unique as far as I can see. :-)

Stephen
    Back then, 165hp was as good as it got. Now we can choose from 212hp or 227hp, achieved via different means.

If we can keep up that pace, in 2 more years we'll have 289hp on tap. So, how 'bout that H6 supercharged to a nice 289hp for the 2005 VDC? I might just have to splurge for that one.

In '92 we had 230hp, still the most powerful subie sold in the US! :)

-mike
  • locke2clocke2c Member Posts: 5,038
    ahahaha

good point mike, but it was still a HUGE mistake. they should've binned the SVX early and brought over the WRX in... say 1994.

think of how many tens of thousands of turbocharged DSMs (eclipse, laser, talon) were sold then and how much better the WRX was. missed opportunities!

-Colin
    They should have sold em side by side and dropped the price of the SVX.

They could have gotten the young crowd with the WRX in '94 and the older crowd with the SVX. They should have priced the SVX @ around $23-24K at the time and it would have sold much better than at $35K

-mike
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Happy Anniversary! :-)

Your participation is one of the reasons the Crew is the best community in the Town Hall. We all appreciate you taking the time to be here.

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs
  • fibber2fibber2 Member Posts: 3,786
    out on some great posts.

Loosh: Great trip report. A wonderful perspective on life across the pond.

Patti: As a relative newcomer, your presence on these boards was a factor in my decision to buy and join. THANKS!

Peter: I have to admit, that my trips to the Pacific NW (I get to Portland also on occasion) have mostly been in the Fall - the 'dry' season. The Olympics do get more, but I think I remember that Seattle only gets something like 35" per year, compared to NYC at 55". I lived in Melborne/Palm Bay, FL for a while, so know what you mean about those afternoon thunderboomers.

Steve
    Rather than quantity, what is the #days/year that Seattle gets rain? I rather have some heavy rain on a few days rather than 250/365days of damp drizzly weather.

-mike
  • lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984
    In the open markets, most stuff was a pittance. Like a farmer's market here I guess, but they happen more often and are easier to get to. In the stores I'd say prices were about the same, edging toward the Fresh Fields side of high, but not quite. And a lot more choice, particularly in meats and seafood and dairy.
  • p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    mike- Ah... you've hit the nail on the head. As a quality of life measure, total rainfall is relatively meaningless (unless you're a farmer of course), it's the frequency of it that matters.

Patti- Happy 2nd Anniversary! I don't think that there's a nicer person in the entire automotive industry. It's been a real treat having you participate here. Subaru should appoint you as their official Goodwill Ambassador!

-Frank P.
  • jimmyp1jimmyp1 Member Posts: 640
    soas to have something to chat about tonight?

Just doing my part - down to 17 more to go. Who should the honor of #10k go to? Or should we leave it to chance?

Jim
  • armac13armac13 Member Posts: 1,129
    Is there any question as to whom the honour should go? PATTI!
    :-)

Ross
  • bluesunlionbluesunlion Member Posts: 38
    You are definitely one of the reasons that my next car is going to be a Subaru. I mostly lurk, but I read the subie forums practically every workday. I have learned so much from Patti and everyone else.
    We'll probably break in by lunch.

Patti- Post# 10000 is yours.
    In fact, take # 10001 too just because it looks nice :)

-Dave
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    probably won't make the chat tonight - going to dinner with some out of town friends who haven't seen Brookie yet. I'd love it if someone snuck in a question about the engine plans for the Legacy (TT-H4 or SC-H6). I doubt it will get answered, but inquiring minds want to know. Maybe it could be phrased in a way to inlude plans for the Forester engine.

Less than 15 posts to go. Patti - get ready to post!

-Brian
  • lilbluewgn02lilbluewgn02 Member Posts: 1,089
    go for it!
    Any TSBs on the clacking noise in WRXs?
    SVX was a victim of bad timing. If it came out two years ago, just as baby boomers sent their kids off to college, and still wanted the AWD their SUVs offered, boy oh boy.

10,000 posts? Unbelievable. Talk about a sustained effort.

-juice
    mike-
    That's all I need to do, besides getting a helmut, and I should be set to run the Outback.

-Dave

p/s Post# 9999 looks pretty good too. :)
    thanks mike :)

-Dave
  • p0926p0926 Member Posts: 4,423
    Unfortunately, I don't think that Patti checks in very often during the day (she's so dedicated that she does most of her posting from home). I'd say the honor should go to Juice since 5k or so of these belong to him (j/k!)

-Frank P.
    Actually, just let the posts keep coming, odds are it'll be me anyway! LOL

-juice
    Ok, I've registered the Outback to run at the Meadowlands 30Jun02 :)
    Now, for the helmut. Will motorcycle helmut do?

-Dave
  • nygregnygreg Member Posts: 1,936
    I think Subaru should change their web address to Patti.com! Sales would jump. ;)

I will not post here now until more "senior" members get the opportunity to hit the 10K mark.

Greg
  • thecatthecat Member Posts: 535
    trying to do my part in getting us over the 10k mark.
    - Hutch
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Drum roll starting...

Ken