Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo C70

Comments

• schuhcschuhc Posts: 333
    MAN!!!!!!

Now I wish I had a 99 instead of my 2000. I go away on business for 2 days and Lisa (my lovely wife who I have no business being with cause she is way too good for me) decided to put gas in the car. Yes...You are correct. I get home and the CEL is on. I check the gas cap and...Yes...you are correct. It wasn't on properly. However!!!!!! With the 2000 C70's, refastening it and having the 'vacuum' work correctly does not solve the problem (which it obviously does for the 99's). So I will have to go to the dealer once again and get it switched off.
    On another note, my salesman said the worst 18 words to me that he could say...
    Saturday, April 5th 8:20am
    "Craig? Mark Demma. Look, a spot on the European buying program just opened up if you want it."
    Saturday, April 5th 5:00pm
    Craig drops his $2k security deposit down on the XC90 for his beautiful, 6 month pregnant, overly-emotional, hyper-tempermental, Italian-American princess (did I mention too good for me?) wife so that he doesn't have to trade in his baby (c70).
    hmmmm.... Wonder if they can convert that automatic tranny to a manual now that she won't drive it anymore.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,910
    i don't know why that light reset so quick on the '99. it also does not reset on the '98 immediately. HOWEVER, you don't need to go to the dealer. It will reset itself in about 7-10 days (at least, that's the case with my 98).

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• tmarttmart Spring, TXPosts: 999
    Your first? Wasn't aware there were "spots" on the Euro program. Thought one just told the dealer and flew to Sweden to pick it up. The XC90 is a sweet ride.
    Yeah... It was a pretty sweet ride. I probably didn't need to go for the T6 but I figured I'd be driving it every once in a while. There actually weren't any spots open but my salesman knew that I wanted a spot and he is in pretty good with the guys from across the pond. He sold a 2003 S80T6 and a V70T%5 this month for the euro program so they gave him an extra slot.

We lucked out.
    Holy Geez!!!

So I get home from Cincinnati. Hop in my baby. And the CEL light isn't on anymore. So in a fit of horrible judgement I thank my goddess of a wife, who is too good for me, for taking the car to the dealer to have the light turned off. After looking at me like I'm a moron, she indicates that it went off on its own after she filled up the tank and drove around for a while.

I must say that I am absolutely beside myself. I never thought that she would fill my baby with gas....er,... I never thought that the light would go off by itself.
    what? you thought I would lie to you? ;)

• fisherfw1fisherfw1 Posts: 1
    Am considering a 2004 C70 Volvo as well as BMW. Anyone have any trouble with this version of Volvo's turbos--both high and low pressure??
    Thanks
    No problems yet @30k miles for my LT.
    No problems yest (brake calliper siezed up) @50k miles for my 2000 HT.

By the way...don't listen to that Tmart guy...There's something awfully suspicious about him...

Tommy...Go take a peek at the XC90 discussion. There's these guys (volvobuster and bigeddy) that are totally ragging on each other in the #270 and down the road posts. It's pretty funny.
    Sounds like volvobuster has some issues. Your post was very good. Gonna be in your town next month for a wedding. Hope the weather will be good. Did you make it here a couple of months ago to visit your friend? Go to the Rodeo?
    Nah....
    Never made it out there. Got the new job at Ernst and Young later then targeted so I didn't have much of a layoff. I may have to move down there as all of my Chem-E friends are moving down there. Losing another 2 this month to Headquarters in Houston. Enron still have a trading operation? (wink wink)

You should be fine if you are out here in June. The Chicago spring (35-55 degrees and overcast/rainy) should be over by then. June in Chicago = nice spring in Houston. Let me know if you need any ideas on where to eat or stay.
    Will be there the first weekend for a wedding at the Dewes Mansion. Arrive Friday and return to Houston Sunday. Will be a quick trip.
    Ahhhh.

Very nice. You're going to be about 9-10 blocks south of "Boys Town" so if you are going out by yourself Friday or Saturday evening you may want to go SOUTH only.
    If you do venture North at all walk up Broadway. On Broadway 3 doors south of Belmont they are having the live show "Puppetry of the Penis" (no, I am not kidding). So you and the Wife can pop in there for $44.50/head (pardon the pun) if you want to catch a show.
    Unfortunately, I know this because Lisa and I hadn't gone out with two friends of ours for a couple of months and, well....let's just say that Saturday night we were reminded why we hadn't been out with them for a while. YIKES!!!!
    Also, if you do venture up north make sure that you check out Taboo Taboo, The Alley, and The Pleasure Chest (stores) not to mention Spin, The Closet, and The Man Hole (bars, and yes....that last one is real).
    Schuhc, I know NOTHING about the area. Sounds like it's not in a real good area. We're staying at the Fairfield Inn downtown which was recommended by the bride's parents. Assume a taxi will be required to go and return from the wedding. Too bad the C70 won't be with us, but parking would probably be a real hassle anyway. Believe overnight parking at the hotel was around $20 a night! Yikes!!
    $20/night!!!!! That's a bargain!!!!
    The Fairfield is nice. You'll be just South of the river. If you like working out, rock climbing, or basketball, you can get a free pass to our gym (Lakeshore Athletic Club Illinois Center) from the concierge at the hotel. They have the largest indoor rock wall (at least 3 years ago it was the tallest), a great pool, and the basketball court is where Pippen, Grant, and Jordan used to come around during the offseason to play some pickup games back in the bad old days (sorry, die hard Pacers fan). The neighborhood where the mansion is is very nice. It's still considered Lincoln Park even though it is close to Boy's Town. After all, if you were a single female in your 20's and wanted to live in the city, where would you want to live? That's right, the safest area where you don't need to worry about any guys hitting on you (because they're not interested in you except as a friend). You're looking at about a $15 cab ride (at most) and right across the river is the Magnificent Mile and all the shops so you'll like staying at the Fairfield. You aren't going to come across any dicey areas where you are staying and where the reception is so you can relax and enjoy your stay.
  • applejfapplejf Posts: 40
    New to discussion group -

Sorry if this is really an old issue: Have followed the C70 for a long time, now I think I'd like to consider ownership; found out a little late that the Coupe is no longer made. How hard WOULD it be to find a used C70 Coupe with 5 speed?

thanks for any thoughts

Fred Applegate
    I just visited 2 sites and found 4 within 100 miles of me. Not sure how hard you want to look or how much you want to spend, but they are available. Just take your time and the right one will come along.

It's my understanding that they are pretty rare as everyone seemed to go after the manuals. I almost had a 5 speed on order, but instead had to cater to 'she who must be obeyed' (did I mention that she is too good for me) and instead got the manual. GBrozen probably found the only 4 that are in the country!!!!!
  • charlesbcharlesb Posts: 43
    You can get XM into a C70 by using an FM modulator or a cassette adapter. The FM modulator would be a cleaner install but wouldn't sound as good as a cassette adapter. With the cassette adapter you would have a wire hanging out.
  • shark715shark715 Posts: 380
    Anyone know how to reset the Service Light on an '02 C70? According to the IPD catalog, 1993-95 and 1999-2003 models can be reset manually. The IPD catalog says that detailed instructions are on their website with the tool that resets 96-98 models, but I looked at their website and there's no mention of the instructions. Thanks in advance for your help.