Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo C70

1474849505153»

Comments

• tmarttmart Spring, TXPosts: 1,006
    Congrats on your purchase. I have a 99 convert. Tire wear will depend on what type tire you have, all season or low profile summer high preformance. Since you're in England, I would assume all season, so mileage would depend on the tire brand, etc. If you have the summers, expect a max of 25k miles.
  • Thanks tmart..=*^)

I just went out to double check what I remembered of the tires on the car.

Turns out I got Pirelli P7 on the front and Pirelli P6000 on the rear and as I mentioned I think I need to replace the ones on the front pretty soon. The rear ones has a lot of rubber. Not sure I want to buy another couple of P6000 after reading what people think of them. Guess I will keep on reading and by the time I need to replace the tires I should know what to put on..=*^)

I'm reading UK reviews right now which are very mixed. Driving in the snow yesterday the P7's sure didn't feel like they were giving me much traction as some of the UK reviewers state.

Anyway, we'll see. Any recommendations warmly welcomed - 225 x 50 x 16..

C
  • tmarttmart Spring, TXPosts: 1,006
    I think I had the P6000 as original equipment, 225 x 45 x 17. All four got cracked sidewalls at around 18-19k. Did not replace with Pirellis. The handling was superb, but you pay a price with reduced mileage.
  • I tell you - I've been all over the web, looking, looking and reading - feels like my eyeballs are gonna fall out if I keep this up.

And no conclusions - except trying to buy tires in the UK is a hell of a lot harder than in the US. Websites are sometimes so bad it's pretty much impossible to navigate - the tire size you want is changed to something else when searching - if you *can* make a search - and of course everything over here is *much* more expensive than in the US - and tires you can get in the US you can't over here...=*^(

Hopefully someone in this thread will take pity on me and recommend something..=*^)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,985
    If you want all-seasons, Continental DWS are very popular here, and are budget friendly for a mainstream brand.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thanks KYFDX..

I looked them up and they certainly seem to get better feedback than the ones on the car right now - but - I can't find them for sale on the web.

Can you point me to where I can actually buy them in the UK?

C
  • http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Uniroyal/Rainsport-2.htm

One review said they were noisy and most say soft sidewalls - otherwise sound good.
    I'm sorry.... just assumed Continentals would be available on your side.. no knowledge of internet tire stores over there...

• Nope, I wrote The TireRack and they told me "Sorry, can't ship those because they don't have the ECE certification and will be stopped at the border and sent back..=*^(

Another thought - the tires on the car are 225 x 50 x 16 - what would happen if I put on 225 x 55 x 16 as this coupe with LPT has the sport suspension? I know it will affect the speedo but it can't be vey much I would think. Perhaps a tad less slower around curves as well.

Anything else? Thoughts?
    About 0.9" taller. That's significant, in my opinion. Handling will be slightly worse and they may rub (but, probably not). I would stick with stock size.

• Yeah, I think I'll do that - stick with the same size..=*^)
  • Some of the posts in this forum has been about the flimsy cup holders and how they break easily.

Seems I am lucky - my 2000 manual LPT doesn't have any - at least I can't find them..=*^)

C