Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Hesitation

2»

Comments

• This problem just continues to carry on from one model year to the next. My 2009 Sienna is experiencing the same type of hesitations that are previously mentioned. I took it into a Toyota dealer last summer and they claimed they never experienced this hesitation on the test drive but they did a "reset" anyway and suggested that I make sure I keep changing my air filter at appropriate times. They refused to go on a test drive with me. I got the sense that they were aware of this type of problem but chose to ignore it like Toyota Canada prefers to do with this issue.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Toyota is VERY well aware of the transaxle downshift delay/hesitation problem.
  • yatesjoyatesjo Posts: 186
    If you've read this thread and understand the issue is not regarded as a fixable problem for the dealer why waste your time taking it in for service? I mean if you know every single van has this issue, they can't fix it and adjustment of driving patterns alleviate it and that all the dealer will do is look at it, test drive it, reset it and give it back to you almost exactly as you brought it to them why waste your time?
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    But it is a "fixable" problem, how and when remains the question so drilling down at the dealer on regular, otherwise free time, basis might well be worthwhile.
  • yatesjoyatesjo Posts: 186
    If you have free time to spend sitting around at a dealer your time is a lot cheaper than mine. More power to you all- I couldn't do it.
  • frizzy1frizzy1 Posts: 1
    Shortly after we bought our 2004 Sienna van XLE AWD, I experienced this hesitation issue incessantly. I solved it by starting out in 3rd gear, moving to 4th for around town, and drive for faster speeds. It works beautifully though some who are with me don't understand.
  • hank0821hank0821 Posts: 1

I have a 2008 Toyota Sienna that hesitates approx 1 out of 3 times after stopping at a stop sign and then trying to accelerate again. It is a 1 to 2 sec delay. I can hear the rpms rising but there is not an immediate response from the transmission. I have brought this to the dealerships attention and they sat that they can't duplicate the problem.. My response at this point is Yeah.. Right!!!

• tappantobytappantoby Posts: 1

2012 CAMRY LE has hesitation problem. Been to a dealer two times. Fix lasted 1-2 weeks write to your BBB or state attorney general and advise them...FYI AG Eric Holder just filed a law suit against Toyoto for the carpet /pedal acceleration problems. I feel this may be the next law suit against Toyota. THEY DO NOT HAVE A FIX FOR THIS SERIOUS HESITATION / ACCELERATION PROBLEM,OTHERWISE IT WOULD NOT BE HESITATING.

2»