Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Heating Cooling Problems

13»

Comments

• chnedychnedy Posts: 1
    We were really enjoying our 2012 Acadia. Of course we're beyond the warranty at 44,000 miles when I receive the call explaining the A/C repair is $1500 (replacing A/C line and opening dash to access an evaporator where the refrigerant leak is thought to originate). Quick research of the situation and, lo and behold, one finds A/C issues are a common thread for GMC vehicles on a number of sites. Seems like a recall is in order, or at least a dealer check during the maintenance visits. This is a dealer maintained vehicle. I'm also curious whether the refrigerant is remotely toxic. We use this vehicle to chauffer the kids around. I'll be researching that next.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Posts: 2,258
    edited April 2
    In the event of a major release of refrigerant such as a sudden system failure while it is being serviced a technician could be in some danger, but that's about the only way. Here is the MSDS for R134a. http://www.refrigerants.com/msds/r134a.pdf
  • artgamble711artgamble711 Posts: 1
    Another disappointed Acadia customer here. I have a 2010 slt1. No air. I am told I need a front evaporation core, about a $1,500 repair.
    It appears GMC has had so many problems with this that they should do something about it. My mechanic told me this unit usually last the life of the car...but not on the Acadia, he has seen many of them need to be replaced.

I called G.M., spoke with Lou in The Philippines, and he gave me a case number. Nothing to do with the case number, no help with repair...but I have a case number.

I have owned G.M. my entire life. Not again, when I see all these problems with the same item and no recall or help with repair.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,240

Another disappointed Acadia customer here. I have a 2010 slt1. No air. I am told I need a front evaporation core, about a $1,500 repair.
    It appears GMC has had so many problems with this that they should do something about it. My mechanic told me this unit usually last the life of the car...but not on the Acadia, he has seen many of them need to be replaced.

I called G.M., spoke with Lou in The Philippines, and he gave me a case number. Nothing to do with the case number, no help with repair...but I have a case number.

I have owned G.M. my entire life. Not again, when I see all these problems with the same item and no recall or help with repair.

Hi Artgamble711,

I apologize for this, and we would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please send us an e-mail to socialmedia@gm.com along with your case number? We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Patsy G
    GM Customer Care

• 41tonya41tonya Posts: 1
    Just wanted to add to the list. I have a 2010 GMC Acadia which I purchased new. It has 56000 miles and now the air conditioner does not work properly. There seems to be no problem with the fan or thermostat. We refilled the coolant after which it blew cold air for a couple of days. We noted the placement of the tubing when refilling. It's definitely not a great place for something used in cooling the vehicle. I have to admit I have loved driving this vehicle better than any other, and there have been quite a few. It is disappointing that after 50,000 miles there is a problem with something as basic as the air conditioning. That's not the case with our Ford which is the same age but has twice the miles. 
  • wgraham1wgraham1 Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 Acadia now the AC adds to a long list of issues. New engine at 85K, Transmission wave plate broke now the AC. When the AC is on there is heat on the Drivers side but cool air every where else. I did have my battery boosted. Is there a quick fix? This thing is a piece of junk.
  • jgrisham10jgrisham10 Posts: 1
    Add me to the list, was just informed my rear evaporation core needs to be replaced. 2013 GMC Acadia, with 36,125 miles...88 miles out of warranty. Talk about frustrating, local dealership is telling me their hands are tied. My out the door cost is roughly 1K. This is my second and possibly last Acadia, waiting on GM reponse...GM, fix the AC problem!!!
  • spartan20spartan20 Posts: 1
    My 2009 Outlook XR is having AC problems and I am about to put down over $200 to have it recharged, and if there is something wrong I hope my extended 7 yr GMPP warranty will cover it. It is amazing that the lines are exposed the way they are - saw them when installing an accessory and reminded every time I change the oil. I did see in this thread that an AC line was damaged by an engine mount. Guess what the other issue is that my Outlook is in for....a bad mount that I was mistaking for a tranny issue. I had suspected it was tranny due to all the issues on websites. Avoiding the adversarial nature of dealing with the dealer/GM process is why I got the warranty, specifically the GM warranty. I will let the readers know how this plays out in detail, and involve GM customer service reps if necessary. I would like to keep buying GM as my Dad did 30 years with Olds but I don't like the trends I am seeing in customer services. Wish me luck.
  • patty__7patty__7 Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 GMC Acadia (with under 100,000 km) with the same issue as many have mentioned above - air conditioning blows air but it is not cold and even gets warm on the passenger side. I have driven GMC cars since the day I turned 16 and got my license (2 Jimmy's, 2 Envoys, a Pontiac Torrent and finally this Acadia). I haven't had any issues with any of my past cars but this Acadia has been a disaster. It has already required a new transmission about 2 years ago, just two weeks ago a part of the muffler broke causing my car to sound like a race car (a $500 fix) among countless other issues. Will take it into the dealer today as it is +30 degrees in Toronto and I am 6 months pregnant - this may be my last GMC car.
13»