Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Death, a Caddy, and an Olds...

inazumainazuma Member Posts: 2
edited April 2014 in Cadillac
Yes.... Death.

It recently happened to my father, although because of his health it wasn't too big of a surprise .

My mother still sees him in everything, especially the cars. She tells me she wants to sell them and start a new page in her life. I don't disagree, it's her life, and if she wants a different car she should get one. The problem is, I now need to sell two cars, and I don't have a clue where to start.

She owns a 1975 Cadillac Coupe de Ville and a 1977 Oldsmobile Starfire GT.... (link to pictures below).

Is there even a market for these two?

Album

Comments

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,669
    My sympathies for your loss. I expect Shifty to move this over to the 'What is this thing worth' discussion, but, in the mean time, add a little more information on mileage, equipment, and condition (which looks great, if those are recent pictures).
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,669
    I took a look at Ebay, and here's what one '75 Cadillac did: 1975 Cadillac

And here's what a '79 Starfire did: 1979 Starfire

Note - these are just examples, and your cars' values will depend on condition, but this can give you a very rough idea. One way to establish a better estimate is to post them on Ebay with a very high reserve, so that you'll see what the Ebay market thinks they're worth.
  • inazumainazuma Member Posts: 2
    Thank you...

I'll be sure to post like you mentioned on Ebay (I can't beleive I forgot about Ebay :blush: ).

PS. Shifty, I'm sorry if this was the wrong forum for the thread!
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,072
    Wow, those cars look to be very clean...can't be too many Starfires like that anymore.
  • fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    I was looking at your Caddy. Beautiful looking example. Best of luck. Condolences on your dad.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • hotrodd51hotrodd51 Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 1951 88 OLDS 2DR POST I NEED A GRILL CENTER GOOD FRONT & REAR BUMPER . PLUS OTHER PARTS
  • hotrodd51hotrodd51 Member Posts: 2
    I NEED TO SELL THIS TRUCK BODY IS IN GOOD SHAPE VERY VERY LITTLE RUST , A SMALL DENT. WAS STRIPED OF MOTOR & TRANS-- FRAME WAS REBUILT .. GLASS ALL GOOD NO INTERIOR EMAIL TO MAKE CONTACT
    THANK YOU FOR HELP PS - I AM ON DISABILITY CAN"T WORK ON IT SO WILL TRADE FOR HELP ON OTHER CAR OR CASH THANKS
This discussion has been closed.