Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Highlander Driving Vibration

2»

Comments

• wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Just think of it as an aircraft pre-flight inspection/test, check the overall functionality prior to "take-off". You don't need to discover those items are not functional "after the fact".
  • It may be motor noise for gas leak check. Toyota manual says that you can hear this noise after five hours when car is parked and it is normal. May be such things are kicking off at various times.

Yah, please take it to other dealer, you have 3 years to get this fixed.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    The motor noise you are referring to is near the rear of the car and is only noticeable outside the car, car not running, in a quiet garage.
  • tototootototoo Posts: 1
    My 2005 which I owned without problems for 3 years has just started this vibration which I feel through the steering wheel. It's quite strong with a noise that sounds like a helicopter rotor. when I pull over and turn the wheel both ways all the way and start up again it stops. It does it sporadically at different times of day, at 25 mph up to 60 mph, all weather. We've had it to the dealer 3 times, the last time we left it for 2 days and they never felt it and have no idea what it is. At this point, I'm afraid to drive it and cannot sell it. Can anyone help?
  • could be rotor run out. Or, a bad tire? a cord may have snapped in the tire. also, there might be something loose in the front suspension.

since it goes away when you turn the wheel all the way to the right and left, has anyone considered that the steering rack is going bad, or that the power steering pump is broken? hope that helps. RR70
2»