Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Infiniti G37 Sedan

loudog2loudog2 Posts: 83
The news is out. The G37 sedan will make its way here for 2009. Already in Europe. More hp(320), 7 speed trans, bigger brakes and redesigned side mirrors/interior controls. Will the MSRP be more than the 2007 and 2008's with all the new stuff?

Comments

• gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    Hmmm, I will be surprise if they do it cuz it's kind of undervalue the all-new '09 Fx35 which has the same HP as the current G35 sedan.
  • loudog2loudog2 Posts: 83
    There is a big thread about this over at g35driver.com. Lots of dealers are on the thread, and say they got their order forms from infiniti.
  • sjaievesjaieve Posts: 252
    Even if the MSRP is higher, the G37 is going to be the hottest car on the market (with more than 300+ hp). I cant wait to get mine, just bite the bullet and get it, you will not regret get. I might just end my 08 G35 lease prematurely to get into the G37 :)
  • karsickkarsick Posts: 312
    On the topic of the G, I wonder, during this fuel crunch hype, how Infiniti's sales will hold up against both the new TSX and the is250 with their superior MPG's (which is top-of-mind in every segment of the car market).

As a former very happy owner of a G20t 5speed, I'd be VERY interested in an efficient & sport-oriented "G25s" if such a car existed.

Imagine a cloth-sport-seat, 6-speed manual, sport-suspended, 200lb lighter version of a RWD G35 sedan, but with a tuned 200hp QR25 4cyl in place of the V6.

Does Infiniti/Nissan care??? :confuse:
    Karsick, Infiniti will not have a cloth seat vehicle. The G is the altima. So, a 2.5 altima is what you are looking for. The only difference is the altima is FWD.

I will be looking at the g37x sedan, but in a couple years. I always wait for the kinks to be worked out. The engine has been used in the coupe, but the trans and braking system will be new. Also, dealers will be asking MSRP for the G37. SO a year after you will get the deals, like you get now.
  • sjaievesjaieve Posts: 252
    I can assure the G's sales will not be impacted by the MPG. People who end up getting the G are seeking perfomance and understand that MPG is the price they pay for that perfomance. The G35 sedan already comes well appointed, add the additional 20+ horses, man, I am already drooling over this car. Hopefully with the 7 speed, the MPG will be better than the 5 speed and closer to the competition, the 335i & IS350.

The 07 Gs had a lot of issues, I too will get the 2010 model, cant wait.
  • sang1sang1 Posts: 5
    Does anyone have any information about the gearing ratio of the 2009 G37 Sport Sedan with the 6 speed manual transmission? More specifically, will it be the same as the 2008 G35 Sport 6MT or will it be revised to better match the 2009 7 speed automatic which should get much better fuel economy?
    people are already placing orders for the 2009 G37 sedan. No price has been set. People are agreeing on how much over invoice they will pay.
  • sweendogysweendogy Left lanePosts: 1,162
    Is it confirmed that a g37 sedan will come in 09?? -- the fx just upgraded to the current g engine along with the EX ..ex for 2008 and fx for 2009 why would infiniti go this route with the current G being only 2 years young and being at the top of the HP heap(for entry lux sedans)?? just doesnt add up for the us market..
    The changes mostly mechanical., except for new side markers and a redesigned side mirror. The G37 sedan will have around 15 more HP, but less torque. The 7 speed trans will mostly help at higher speeds with fuel economy. Oh ya, and bigger brakes. Infiniti I think redesigns every 4-5 years. So look for a total redesign for 2010 or 2011.
    There are even rumors about an optional V8 or G50. Now that would be sweet. If they do that, all the G37 buys will be upset.
  • paulo6paulo6 Posts: 93
    What are you saying? My 2006 6MT lease is over in October...Are you saying I can go to my local Infiniti dealer and order a 2009 G37 Sedan? I have not seen ANYTHING official yet anywhere (online and otherwise) that the G35 will be upgraded to a G37 for 2009. Any links/references CONFIRMING (Not assuming) will be appreciated.
    That is what I am saying. Go to g35driver.com. Under forums, choose sedan. It talks about all the links and the people that have already ordered them. It will be under 2009 G37 sedan model changes. Towards the end of one thread you get confirmations. The other is the orders put in.
    http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224448

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230878
    I see, but again these are simply threads by "unkowns" and no one knows if what they are saying is true. I am still not sure a G37 Sedan will exist in MY 2009.... I see no proof anywhere. I am waiting for some Media or preferably Infiniti announcement/confirmation...until then all seem to be rumors..
    Just go ask the dealership. Say you want to pre-order the g37 sedan coming out this fall. See what they say. Yes, they have not officially anounced the G37 sedan for the U.S., which is in europe right now. Google G37 sedan. You will see pictures of the car in europe. All they have to do is just up production, and ship them here.
    Some of those people on that forum own infiniti dealerships. They ordered them already. So, if they are lying that would suck, but I doubt it.
  • sang1sang1 Posts: 5
    I've visited 3 dealerships over the past 10 days here in Southern California. All 3 have confirmed the new 2009 G37 sedan with 7 speed auto transmission. The details of when they are to arrive are still unclear - September or October...
    Just hing up the phone with Infiniti of Ann Arbor here in MI. They are taking orders for August Production of G37 Sedans...he went through the specs with me already. They expect delivery in mid-late September.
    The only unanswered question is: How much more will the G37 sedan be, than the G35 sedan?? New engine, brakes , trans and etc.
  • prazpraz Posts: 163
    Just talked to a valley dealer, accepting deposit of $500 for 2009 G37 Sedan. More horse power, 7 speed auto and better fuel economy is what he divulged.
    So, now that this baby is confimed...anyone has links to websites, etc. where the G37 Sedan has been tested and data is available? I know it has been out in Europe already
    The G37 sedan right now in europe has the same HP, but 10 less torque. People are already negotiating $500 above invoice for the car, but no one knows how much it will cost. We all know it has the 7 speed trans, bigger brakes, redesigned side mirrors, turn knob seat heat controls. But that is it. Infiniti in notorious for mid deisign changes. But they do their total redesigns every 4-5 years.
  • aamcaamc Posts: 13
    Just wondering if anyone else out there has ponied up and ordered the G37 sedan. I'm happy with my initial negotiation of $500 over invoice, but was wondering if anyone has been able to do better.
    I think $500 is the norm. Plus finance rate at the time of delivery. Look here. G35driver.com
  • aamcaamc Posts: 13
    I don't know if it could be said that $500 over invoice is the norm. I've been on several G35 sites and haven't seen anyone, other than myself and maybe perhaps an Infiniti sales person, who has placed an order.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,541
    yes, I do care about both.....

This G37 w/seven-speed automatic trans. might be of interest to me, depending on exactly what final drive they choose . . . Has anyone seen that information released? I do not see any detail on NissanNews.com ??

The G35 sedan w/five speed automatic has recorded fairly ‘sprightly’ acceleration times – most recent one I recall is the R&T test, comparison with the new Caddy CTS.
    0 – 60 = 5.3
    Quarter = 13.8 at 102.9

If they select a final drive ratio that both allows even better acceleration ( 5.0 to 60, & 13.6 ? 13.5 ? ) – ** AND ** improved highway fuel mileage, I might actually be interested . . .

I have driven a couple of G35s – and ( to me ) they have become very good Sport Sedans.

Seems to me that, with the much wider ratio spread ( in addition to the 2 additional gears ) Infiniti could use something like a 3.0 or 3.2 final drive.

First gear ratio in the five speed =
    3.84 times final drive of 3.69 = just over 14:1

First gear ratio in the new seven speed =
    4.92 times ( a hypothetical ) final drive ratio of
    3.0 = 14.7:1
    3.2 = 15.7:1

That 3.0 or 3.2 final drive, combined with the 0.77 seventh gear ratio ( vs 0.839 for fifth \ top gear in the G35’s five speed ) would reduce RPM at cruise substantially - by something like 20 or 25%. [ see below ]

I’d guess the result MIGHT be an increase in highway MPG of 10% to 15%? If the 3.7L motor is not materially thirstier than the 3.5L.

Meaning: Current G35’s, 2008 EPA highway estimate = 24 would become 26 or even 27 MPG ?

For context here, the BMW 3 series ( one strong competitor, in my mind ) posted EPA highway = 28 for the 328i and 26 for the 335i. And that BMW straight 6 is a pretty fuel-efficient motor, at least cruising.

Anyway – point is I think that I will watch for driving impressions & tests of the seven-speed version of the Gs, and may schedule a test drive to see for myself.

- Ray
    Would prefer an M50 with this seven-speed,
    but that appears unlikely for the 2009 model year - oh well . . .

3.69 * 0.839 = overall 3.096
    3.00 * 0.770 = overall 2.310 = approx. 25% less RPM
    3.20 * 0.770 = overall 2.460 = approx. 20% less RPM
    I secong the M50 w/7 speed. Actually, I would like a M50XS. The only thing that I can't stand is the gas guzzler tax.
  • johninnjjohninnj Posts: 243
    Nice post (Love the math)....I couldn't agree more. They need to tune the programming also to not be so aggressive in reg D. DS mode...sure...thats why it's there. As I've posted before...I literally use my paddles for a quick override up-shift from time to time as it holds each gear way too long at very light throttle. Stab it to jump into traffic and forget it...it will stay in gear for an extra 3-5 count even without throttle. Makes you feel like a rookie stick shift driver. I always look down on the highway at my RPMs and cringe. There is def a miscalculation when an auto 5 speed Sports SEDAN revs VERY similarly to a 6 spd S2000 on the highway.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,541
    I am not sure I’d term this a “miscalculation”, exactly – since Infiniti appears to have sold a bunch of G35s. . .

It is one significant factor in my decision to buy a different sedan, back in 2005.

And if the gearing of the G37 Sedan results in substantially reduced RPM at cruise ( my current ride shows less than 1,800 RPM at 80 MPH ) I would see that as a rather large improvement. And I’d expect that the MPG at cruise would improve as well, as I posed above. And assuming the same or better acceleration, I’d see this as sufficient upgrade to warrant including this Sedan on my ‘Short List’ . . .

I’d be pretty amazed if Infiniti does ** NOT ** seize this opportunity ( adding the seven speed trans. ) to improve the EPA rated ( and actual, ‘real world’ ) fuel efficiency.

- Ray
    Expecting that we will know for sure shortly . . .
  • johninnjjohninnj Posts: 243
    I lump it in with the silly-skinny sport seats...stupid and impractical...but not a deal breaker. I LOVE my car....to the point where my S2000 sat 3-4X's as much as when I had my 04TL. I think infiniti got a little silly since they made a somewhat large V6 rev to 7600RPMS (Within 500 of the 04&up S2000 for reference) and ignored overall final drive. If it were a quick and easy fix and I owned Vs lease, I would drop a taller ring/pinion in there from Stillen. The car has so much midrange that 1st gear acceleration wouldn't be hurt very much. This car with a well-programmed 7 speed should be GREAT ! !
  • I just went to the Infiniti Western Europe website and they have the Infiniti G37 sedan on there. The car is the same with the exception of the 7 speed automatic transmission. 7th gear is an overdrive gear to reduce RPMs. It does not give fuel economy numbers, but it says mpg is improved. Only visial difference is a standard set of 18 inch alloy wheels. You can still get the current 18 inch wheels along with the 18 inch wheels that come with the coupe. It does not mention any MSRP, but I do expect the price to go up. I will be in the market for a new car in about a year, so I'm waiting for this one to come out.