Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Rogue Tires and Wheels

2»

Comments

• sammyssammys Posts: 30
    Hello.
    I can't find my owners manual and was wondering if anyone knows of the recommended tire rotation pattern for a 2009 Rogue S SUV.
    I'm thinking it must just be front to rear as you can't cross radials (have to turn in the same direction).

Thanks.
    Sammy
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,861
    I just rotated my Nissan van's tires yesterday. I do front to back since that's more convenient for me, but an X pattern is better. The only time it's usually recommended to do front to back is when you have directional tires (crossing radial tires is fine).

Tire Rotation Instructions (Tire Rack).

You can download a free manual and check what Nissan recommends for your Rogue. I'd be curious to see if an X rotation is not recommended.

How To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• dmb69dmb69 Posts: 1
    YEP I have a new 2011 Rogue AWD ,I have the Continnetals 4x4 on mine and will deffinetly take them off before winter.. I have the Continnetal contacts on my Equinox AWD and they really sucked in snow and ice and some rains.. they slid very easy not much traction... so not a fan of continnetal tires.. to bad Nissan still uses them..the continnetal 4x4's cost 200 a piece too!! thats ridiculous !! I have Cooper CS4's on my other 4x4 and they ride nice and werer great this past winter with all the snow and ice we had in the Chicago area..wish I could get them for the Rogue. The coopers only cost me 350 for all 4 tires installed at the Tire Barn last fall (2010). Other than the tires the 2011 Rogue is very nice to drive and we are getting 24-26 MPG in city driving. so thats a big plus for Nissans Rogue AWD !!!
  • asurasur Posts: 4
    dmb, I replaced my 2008 Rogue AWD original Contis at 50K with Michelin Harmony. The Harmony is a nice tire. Next winter I'm going with Nokian. Last winter I used X-Ice Xi2 and was very disappointed. Really bad on snow.
  • db69442db69442 Posts: 2
    I REPLACED MY ROGUE S ORIGINAL CONTI 4X4 215/70/16 TIRES WITH NEW MICHELIN DESTINY 225/60/17 TIRES AND NEW WHEELS FROM DISCOUNT TIRES AND THE RIDE IS SO MUCH BETTER AND IN RAIN NO HYDRO WHAT SO EVER LIKE I HAD WITH THE CONTI'S.. THEY SAY THE ROGUE S MODEL DOES NOT HAVE A OPTIONAL TIRE SIZE TO USE(THATS BULL) , IT IS SAME SIZE OPTION THEY PUT ON THE OTHER MODELS OR THE 18 INCH WHEELS AND TIRES ARE AN OPTION. HANDLING IS SO MUCH BETTER WITH THE 17 INCH TIRES AND WHEELS. hAD THEM ON MY JEEP I TRADED IN AND WERE GREAT..
  • db69442db69442 Posts: 2
    HAS ANYONE CHANGED THE TIRES FROM THE STANDARD 16 INCH TIRES AND WHEELS TO THE 17 INCH TIRES AND WHEELS? nISSAN KEEPS SAYING THEY DO NOT HAVE AN OPTIONAL TIRE FOR THE 2011 ROGUE S MODEL ONLY THE 16 INCH WILL WORK. ANYONE HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS? i SAY THE 17 OR 18 INCH WILL WORK FINE ON THE 2011 ROGUE S MODEL.
  • dwb2dwb2 Posts: 24
    I had the same problem with my 09 Rogue. Nissan would do nothing so I scuffed the wheels and sprayed primer on them then covered them with two coats of black paint right from the spray can. They are holding up quite nicely and continue to shine.
  • omaitaomaita Posts: 16
    edited November 2011
    I going to replace all 4 tires on my wife's Rogue'09 S AWD, right now it has the Conti 4x4 that came from factory. Everybody who has this car knows that these tires are pretty noisy.
    So, I was searching online and for the price I can afford my options are:

1. BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A Tour ($/547)
    2. Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G051 ($/445)
    3. Yokohama YK580 ($/475)

Does somebody over here has an opinion about these tires on the Rogue AWD or could you recommend another one.

Thanks for any help!!!
  • fercho4fercho4 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    have any one had a problem with the rims for the Nissan Rogue 09, Recenthy I bought 4 tires , I went back to the store three times with a flat tire Until they found the crak on the Rim, and I just went to the Dealer today , they told me the warranty doesn't cover this problem, also the 2 TPM's are broken too, At this point I don't know what to do because the TPM and the rim It will cost me $ 950 more, I just spent $ 700 last week whe I bought the 4 tires, balance and alignment,
    doest any one has a suggetion to me.

Thanks
    I used to have the low pressure message, just replaced all 4 tires ($ 450 at discount tires) and problem is gone.
    What the dealer say could cause that problem??? Does happen on all 4 tires??? Get an opinion from an authorized and certified tire service company and if they said it could be something defective go to The Dealer, Nissan and BBB.
    Good luck, keep us posted please.
  • junior12junior12 Posts: 1
    omaita, so what tires did you go with? And how many miles on them & are you happy with the tires?
    Thanks
    I bought Yokohamas YK580 at Discount Tires, free shipping and the installation locally was less than 100, after all it was almost 80 less than any local store, plus I get an additional warranty.
    My wife drive almost 1500 miles a month, tire were purchased in December so right now she drove over 5000 miles, feels and looks great.
  • My tires are feathering and will need to be replaced. I am now at 28000 miles. Dealer says not my fault. Could it be somethiing else, Hmmmmmm
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 797
    Feathering is generally a symptom of an alignment issue - especially toe.

But it could also be the result of .... ah .... Mmmmm ... let's call it "Spirited" driving.
  • Hi there,

I have a Rogue SL AWD and I'm thinking about putting 4 new Destination A/T, but they are 235/65 instead of 225/60...do you think these will fit?
  • herbie116herbie116 Posts: 2
    I am posting this in the hopes that someone out there knows something about tires, as I do not. My (gently used) Rogue came with 18" Falken Ziex tires on it. These tires are ATROCIOUS in the winter, so I have to change them before the snow flies this year. I was told by my mechanic's wife (who knows a thing or two about tires) that, regardless of the brand or speed rating of 18" tire I buy, they will ALL perform poorly in winter weather due to their size (18"). Is this true?? I have the option of getting a smaller tire all together (17") but then I also have to buy rims...and I have no idea if this will really solve my problem.
    So...anyone have an opinion as to what I should do? My options are:
    - buy a different brand of 18" all seasons and hope my mechanic's wife is mistaken
    - buy 17" tires and rims and pray for better winter performance
    - keep the crappy (and LOUD) tires I have now and buy WINTER tires and rims
    Thank you in advance!
    First, dedicated winter tires are ALWAYS going to be better for snow traction than all season tires.

Second, snow traction is highly dependent on the amount of wear on your tires. More wear = less traction.

And lastly, even the best winter tire is going to have less grip in snow than the worst all season does on dry pavement. In other words, don't expect winter tires to solve all the traction issues.

Your mechanic's wife doesn't really know tires. There are some tires with some decent snow traction available in your size. You will need to spend some time researching this to get the compromise you want. There is quite a lot of variation in treadwear ratings and traction.

Go to Tire Rack and spend a bit of time. That will help you sort this out.
  • herbie116herbie116 Posts: 2
    Thanks, capriracer!!
    I have researched the living hell out of 18" tires on Tire Rack and a host of other sites...even went so far as to buy a set of new 18" tires, but I was told I wouldn't be happy with them either due to the fact that they were the same size tires as the tires I hate, so I returned them. I realize winter tires are the way to go in winter weather...but I am trying to avoid having to buy 2 complete sets of new tires (winter tires and rims and then whatever size all season tires I decide to get). I just don't have that kind of money at my disposal. Luckily, I have several months to figure this out. Thanks again!
  • c131c131 Posts: 1
    Came with Dunlop P225/55R18 tires. Tread almost down to min at 33,500 miles. Very noisy and poor ride. After rotation noise diminishes for 100 mi or so then back to the very high noise level. Is this normal and what is a better replacement for better ride and noise level?
    No, it is not normal - and the problem is likely your alignment. The key was when you said that a rotation was good for 100 miles or so - which means it is taking 100 miles to wear a new pattern into the tires.
2»