Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Corolla Paint Problems

18910111214»

Comments

• I'm so sorry I took so long to post back here. Very hectic several months. So this manager that seemed appalled at my paint job acted very aloof when I actually brought it in. He's not head of the Service Department and he basically just rolled over when they told him that it wasn't covered. So he brought me the name and phone number of the local company that does paint jobs and touch-ups for them. It's not an actual TOYOTA paint center. It's just a random place that does paint jobs for the general public. He basically said MAYBE they can give me a discount because of all the trouble. I explained to the manager that this company they were trying to redirect me to is the SAME company that already "touched-up" the issues on my car before we took it home. I remember about to take it off the lot, and noticing all these horrendous scratches on it. They took it to this paint company and we noticed they still missed several places, so they took it back to the same company. It looked good for a few weeks to a month. Then some of the scratches showed back up and new ones started to appear. I'm about to get rid of the car, but I know someone will notice all these random slices all over the car. I'm talking about the hood, the trunk, doors.. you name it. Ugh. Sorry I couldn't shed any extra light on this dark, dark tunnel.
  • I am so glad I found this forum!! I also have a 2006 Corolla with the same scratch type marks on my roof. It looks as if someone took a razor blade to it! I don't park under any trees and am very careful about washing my car. The 'scratches' are getting bigger and rusting. Please let me know what you were able to do about this. Thanks!
  • I have a 2005 Corolla with the same paint issue. I just got off the phone with Toyota's customer service department and they pretty much told me that because my car is past the 3/36 Warranty coverage (3 years or 36,000 miles) there's nothing they can do to help me. I'm upset that Toyota is not taking responsibility for an issue they're obviously responsible for. Are there any updates on a resolution for this? My car looks so awful, it's embarrassing! Estimates I've gotten to fix it properly have been between $1,200 to $1,600. Ridiculous.
  • terceltomterceltom Posts: 1,017
    edited September 2013
    Why in the world would you be upset with Toyota? They're exactly right, you're past the warranty. There's no "lifetime" warranty on auto paint. Granted most car paint would have lasted longer, but yours didn't so you have to live with it. Perhaps your environmental conditions where you reside even had something to do with the shorter paint life.
  • I'm not the only with this issue, clearly, there was a problem with Toyota's paint used during the 2005-2006 period. No, there's no lifetime warranty, but there is such a thing as taking public responsibility for it. I would be content if they provided a service discount to fix it, I'm not asking them to pay for it all. I live in the city, not out in desert so I don't see what "environmental conditions" out of the norm that my car could've possibly been exposed to...
  • I have noticed that many are have the same issues as I am regarding corolla paint problems. I have a 2012 corolla that I purchase new. While washing my car a large chip of paint came off the bumper. There was clearing no damage to the area. But, I have to say that in the 40 years I have been driving I have never had this happen. I contacted Toyota immediately and was told that they have had no complaints regarding this problem. I said to the representive, "really because I just got on the internet and within 5 minutes found many people with this problem" Her comment to me was "We have no control over what people post on the internet and whether it is factual or not". To which I replyed " So you are saying that several hundred people have nothing better to do than sit around and lie about this problem"? To say that I got no where would be an understatement. I then took my car to the dealership. They took a picture of the area and said that a Toyota representive would have to be called to take a look and determine whether it was caused by abuse of the car. Seriously? I am still waiting to see what happens. But, after all of the issues I have read regarding this problem , I have NO intention of letting go this problem easily. We'll see what happens.
  • This is scaring, isn't it? Try to attract the attention of the media. In this way you are helping yourself and many other Toyota owners. Why not do what Ford owners did? If you need my support, just let me know. I have the impression from observing the cars around me that Ford cars have much better paint quality. Mine, Toyota Corolla 2011 is so fragile, I am afraid to touch it and every time I look at it there is a new scratch. My neighbor's Ford, about 8 months newer than mine, has many dents but the paint is intact, so can be fixed. Mine, the lightest touch of a rock, thrown by my own car chips the paint and leaves a small white dot (paint chipped to the primer). The car has been on a highway just once so far and for not more than 10 miles. Is it normal to be afraid to drive your car on a highway? Is it normal to be afraid of scratches and chips and try to keep at least 2 cars distance from the car in front of you? Sometimes I am even afraid the police may stop me for holding the traffic.
  • I just spent a frustrating few hours at the dealership where I bought my 2007 Camry. I showed it to the service director who noted it but said mine was the only Camry he has seen that has this problem (He showed me the cars on the lot and said none of them have this problem!) and said that since it is out of warranty, he could do nothing about it. He told me to call the main office 800 number and that if they authorized it, he could get it done. When I called the central number, I was told that they have no records of any paint problems with the 2007 Camry and therefore they would nothing about it. The agent gave me a case number and that's it! So do you think that Toyota is aware of this problem or not? If they are aware, how can they get away with this? Should I contact the Better Business Bureau or some other agency?

• mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,667

@drucker1 said: I just spent a frustrating few hours at the dealership where I bought my 2007 Camry. I showed it to the service director who noted it but said mine was the only Camry he has seen that has this problem (He showed me the cars on the lot and said none of them have this problem!) and said that since it is out of warranty, he could do nothing about it. He told me to call the main office 800 number and that if they authorized it, he could get it done. When I called the central number, I was told that they have no records of any paint problems with the 2007 Camry and therefore they would nothing about it. The agent gave me a case number and that's it! So do you think that Toyota is aware of this problem or not? If they are aware, how can they get away with this? Should I contact the Better Business Bureau or some other agency?

I have not seen any complaints on Toyotanation forums.

• Just for the record I own a 2007 corolla LE "Blue color", it chipped/lost paint on the hood and looks ugly. Everything else is in perfect working condition, dealer serviced etc but I cannot put it up for sale because the ugly hood only invites embarrassing offers/trade-in. So I have no choice but to keep it. And like many others I got a quote for $1200 and one body shop offered to do it for $600 but he would replace entire hood and I thought it was a bad idea.

• 4asmyle4asmyle Posts: 2

I would like to know of anyone with a Canadian Toyota Corolla, with the paint peeling on it. I have a 2009 Toyota Rav4, with the paint peeling on it. I am gathering info on Toyota's with paint problems. Preferably 2007-2014's. Preferably Canadian manufactured, as I am not sure of complaint process in the U.S.

18910111214»