Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• nickr1nickr1 Posts: 51
    Hi, I went to a dealer in Dutchess County NY to see a 2011 Tiguan but they had only one. The dealer said they rarely have the car, it's in short supply and sells immediately. Since I am very busy with work and took time out to go see the car this was a major disappointment all around. Is this just a lame dealer or are all VW dealers in NY in short supply of this car? I'm so tired of hearing the same old lines: we don't know the inventory coming, they tell us nothing, most deals we have to find the car first etc etc. I want to see colors, model types, I want to have some fun and gain some knowledge. What gives with this car, or is it just this dealer? Thanks.
  • That sounds ridiculous.

To get the lease price that I got I had to work with 5 dealers by email, never once set foot into the showroom and had all of them bidding without lame excuses.

Try Jim Curran in CT or Eric Goldstien in Stamford. The White Plains guys also worth a try. You do not need to go into the showroom once you know what you want. P.S. They also deliver to you and sign paperwork at your own place.
  • jefe_08jefe_08 Posts: 1
    Also looking in the NY area, did you end up getting a good deal? I've been trying to work with dealers through email as well...
  • l0vemyvwl0vemyvw Posts: 3
    I'd recommend speaking with Jim Curran in Stratford, CT (Curran VW) or, if you are willing to talk with someone a bit further away, Frank Marvici in West Springfield, MA (Fathers & Sons VW). I dealt with many dealers via email and these two gentlemen were the absolute best. I ended up going with Frank but this was simply based on the fact that Fathers & Sons had the vehicle I wanted on the lot. Both dealerships were a true pleasure to deal with and I'd recommend both highly.
  • userlauserla Posts: 8
    Hi car_man

Looking at an SE + Sunroof & Nav or a base SEL. Wondering if you have July MF's and residuals for comparison. Probably looking at 36 months. I've heard 39 months is standard with VW?

Thanks
  • dscottmodscottmo Posts: 2
    Am looking at same car and not having great luck. Am in area without many local dealers. What was your strategy for getting this offer? Thanks for your insights.
  • dscottmodscottmo Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2011 SE AWD w/Moonroof + Nav and have a dealer offer of $1500 down + $436/month for 36 months w/36,000 miles. How does this sound? I am a past Audi lessee. Do you know of any loyalty credits, etc. they might offer. Just turned in my TT last month. Thanks!
  • nickr1nickr1 Posts: 51
    What's the purchase price, that's the number that matters most. If they give you a good deal on the price then your payments will be lower, if they don't discount the price then it's a bad deal. Personally, I feel that sounds really high for what the car is. $1,500 down and $436 for 36 is $17,196 total, that's what you're paying to rent this car for 3 years. In my mind, the SE is not a $30,000 car, not in today's market, today's economy, so how can anyone justify paying 17k and not owning it?

VW advertises the Tiguan for $279 a month for 36 months plus $2,499 due in advance, that's $12,543 for a 3 year lease. This is likely a stripped down car and maybe not even AWD, who knows, they don't say in the ad and the ad is on this page?

Focus on the purchase price, get it lower, that's my advice, but then, I think all these kinds of cars are wildly overpriced, it's as if the dealers never heard of the recession.
  • tomj21tomj21 Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Hello,

I am looking to lease a 2011 Tiguan AWD SE with sunroof and navigation for 36 mos. and was wondering what VW's current buy rates for money factor and residual values are. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I know that the 2012s are due in September and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on when the best time to lease 2011s might be? I'm assuming residuals will drop once the 2012s hit the lot but money factors probably will too as VW tries to move old models off the lot.

Thanks in advance!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the information that you're looking for, userla. VW Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE with Sunroof, Navigation, and 15,000 miles per year are .00036 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an SEL are .00039 and 45%.

You're right, VW Credit's 39 month numbers are not very attractive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey tomj21. Volkswagen Credit's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Matic with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It's tough to predict what automakers will do with their future incentives programs, but if I had to make an educated guess I personally doubt that VW's lease program on this model will get much better than it is right now before it is forced to phase its lease support out because of low residual values.

Car_man
    Host
  • tomj21tomj21 Posts: 2
    Thanks Car_man!
  • VW has a great lease deal available now! For 36 month lease the residual is
    52% and money factor is as low as 0.00080. with mininum down payment
    required. Contact me I can help.
  • Contact me I have the inside scoop. I can explain it all to you.
  • heidi_carheidi_car Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and looking for advice on a lease price my dealer is quoting. For the 2011 Tiguan S, 4 wheel drive, they are quoting a sales price of 24,300 (down from their quoted retail price of 28,000.) No downpayment, 55% residual, and a .00104 money factor with a monthly payment of $335 for 36 months on 12k milage.

This looks to be a fair deal to me, but was the first quote the dealer gave me, insisting they can't negotiate on leases. Still, the sales price they are using looks competitive. Any advice?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,054
    Looking for MF/residual for 36 month, 12K/yr on SEL 4Motion and SE 4Motion..

I see there is 0% available on 60 month purchases. Does that affect the discount the dealer can offer off MSRP, or is the incentive fully paid for by VW?

Any lease cash incentives?

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi, could you provide money factor and residual info as well as any incentives for August 2011 for a Tiguan lease? Thanks in advance!
  • I'm new to this post also. I was quoted in Smithtown NY the following:

2011 S 4-Motion AWD $321.36 month for 36 months with $2203.12 down. First offer from dealer. How did you finally make out?
    You're welcome tomj21.

Car_man
    Host
    HA. Hey kyfdx. Here you go.

Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SEL 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00037 and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion are .00045 and 51%.

In addition to these special lease money factors, Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the SE and $1,500 on leases of the SEL through VW Credit.

The special financing offer is fully funded by Volkswagen. Whether you take advantage of it or not should not have any impact upon your ability to negotiate a good deal, other than the fact that you are foregoing any available cash incentives by using the special rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,054
    Thanks, Car_Man! You provide a wonderful service.. ;)

So.... are there any cash incentives for buyers that don't take advantage of the 0% financing?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Hi trixie1112. VW Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00045 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00102 and 55%.

There's a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the '11 SE, but no cash yet on leases of the '12 model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you so much - very helpful! Now, if only I can get a fair deal on my trade - so far, no dice. Wish me luck, though!
    You're very welcome trixie1112. Good luck.

Car_man
    Host
  • griftagrifta Posts: 6
    Looking for leasing information on a Tiguan SE w/ Nav/Sunroof.

Need Money Factor, Residual Value for 36 month 12k miles lease.
    Here you go grifta. Volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SE with Navigation, Sunroof, and 12,000 miles per year are .00036 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $1,000 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Looking to lease a 2012 Tiguan SE 4 motion with sun and nav. Any idea the money factor and residual value for a 3 year, 12,000 mile lease?
  • What are Volkswagen Credit's money factor and residual on a 2011 Tiguan SEL FWD at 36 mos / 12k miles? I've been offered .00069 and 46% at cap cost of 33612.01 in Orlando, FL.
  • Here's the info that you're looking for, tomfinn. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 12,000 miles per year are .00102 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi wdunaway. According to the latest information that I have seen, Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00034 and 46%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.