Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• p1dallasp1dallas Posts: 11
    Hello,

The dealer is giving me the following info for this lease:

36 months / 15 K - 52% residual - .00147 MF

Is the MF marked up on this deal? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
  • texraidertexraider Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    P1Dallas

I am in DFW and also looking for a tiguan lease. What model are you looking for (s, SE, SEL)? What is the MSRP and the actual sales price? What dealership gave you these #'s?

Thanks!
    (Bottom)
  • p1dallasp1dallas Posts: 11
    edited April 2012
    Hey Texraider,

I worked out a deal with Lewisville VW and got the following deal:

SE with Nav and sunroof, mats and 1st aid kit. MSRP $31,615- Purchase price was $30,500, .00065 MF, $625 acquisition fee.

Good luck! ...

with your ....

(Bottom)
  • anweiszanweisz Posts: 6
    being offered vw tiguan SE with sunroof and navigator:
    lease 10000 miles x year
    36 months
    Money factor .00022
    Residual 55%
    Negotiated price: 27,800
    750 down plus tags,license, 625 acquisition fee.
    Is this a good deal?
  • gdudegdude Posts: 4
    The negotiated price seems to be very good, 1500 below invoice,right?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey ortega. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00002 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

VW is currently providing a $1,500 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi jmp. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL with 10,000 miles per year are .00002 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for p1dallas. Volkswagen Credit's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE with sunroof, navigation and 15,000 miles per year are .00022 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

VW is providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man and kyfdx,

I'm trying to figure out where my math and the dealer's math are differing so greatly. I'm looking at a 2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion. The terms are as follows:

Cost: $34,000 (I know this is below invoice)
    Bonus cash: $2000
    Trade: $2000
    Net Cost: $30,000

Residual: 50%
    Money Factor: 0.0008 (1.194%)
    39 months
    12,000 miles

I live in Massachusetts where the tax is 6.25%.

The dealer is telling me it is $420 a month, including tax.

The Edmund's lease calculator (and when I do the math myself) tell me this should be $396 a month, including tax.

1. Where is the dealer getting this different amount?
    2. Are the residual and money factor correct for May?

Also, another dealer has an ad for $327 for an SEL 4Motion with Nav (not a necessity for me) with zero down, i.e. before my trade. Their dealer fee is $1200, rather than $699 (the first dealership), with a doc fee of $375, as opposed to the $399 doc fee from the first dealership. The fees are NOT rolled into the quoted $420 a month. Is it even possible to get this car for $327 a month with zero down?

I really want/need full power seats, auto lights, and the auto dimming mirror that only the SEL has. I'm trading in a 1996 that has all of those, so I would hope that a car that is 16 years newer would have it, but I might have to go with the SE with the sunroof and navigation at this high price. Thanks for your help!
    Hi ashleigh919. The money factor that you were quoted for this truck is actually slightly high. VW Credit's current buy rate for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL is only .00051. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your payment.

Using the numbers that you mentioned in your post, I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $371. I doubt that it is possible to get this vehicle for $327 per month with nothing down.

Car_man
    Host
  • skizzaskizza Posts: 3
    Carman,

I am looking for the current residual and money factor for a 2012 Tiguan SEL w/premium Nav (no Dynaudio) at 39 month lease and 12,000 miles.

Also, do you know when these figures are expected to change? Is it monthly? I am trying to take advantage of the $2,000 lease incentive on this vehicle, but inventory seems limited on the color we want, so we may wait until a later time.

I appreciate all of your help!
  • galuchjrgaluchjr Posts: 1
    Hi Carman,

I'd like to get your opinion on a quote I received from a dealer in the NYC area. It is for a 2012 Tiguan SE w/ Sunroof and Nav.

39 months/12,000 miles
    Cost 30,317
    Residual .52
    Money Factor .00049

$3000 due at signing for taxes, registration, 1st month's payment

$389/Month

Love to hear what you think.

Thanks.
    Hi skizza. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SEL Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 49%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

This lease program is scheduled to run through July 2nd.

The cash incentive on leases of this truck is now $2,250.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi galuchjr. The lease program that you mentioned looks good to me. It's great that you have the selling price of this truck...that is a very important number. However, it is difficult for me to evaluate without having something to compare it with, either the MSRP or invoice price. Let me know what one of these numbers is and I'll gladly tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
  • djudju Posts: 1
    Carman,

Would appreciate a critique of the following:

2012 Tiguan SE FWD w/sunroof and nav

MSRP: 31580

CASH SALE PRICE: 29800
    AQUISITION FEE: 625
    CAP COST: 30425
    CAP COST REDUCTION: 2059

ADJ CAP COST: 28365

RESIDUAL: 16737 (53%)

MONEY FACTOR: .00089

TERM: 39 Months 12000 Mi/Yr

DOWN PAYMENT: 3000

MONTHLY PAYMENT W/TAX: 349

Thanks for your time!
    I'd be happy to take a look at this deal, dju. Let me begin by saying that the money factor that you were quoted is a slightly high. VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan SE is only .00056 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your vehicle's payment.

As far as the selling price goes, there is around a $1,200 or so spread between this truck's MSRP and dealer invoice price plus another $1,000 cash incentive on leases of it, giving you a total of around $2,200 to play with. The $1,780 discount that you were quoted looks pretty good to me.

Just make sure to address the money factor issue and you should be all set.

Car_man
    Host
  • kfulbeckkfulbeck Posts: 3
    Hi Car Man,

VW is currently offering a Southern CA regional deal of 0 down $269 + tax/mo for 36 months for the Tiguan S.

I'm interested in seeing how close I can get to this for the Tiguan SE with sunroof & navigation. The quote I received was $322 + tax with 0 down, same length. Does this seem like a good deal to you?

Could I please get the money factor and residual numbers for the 2012 Tiguan SE (sunroof & nav) for 36 months, 10K miles per year?

Thanks very much!
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Posts: 31
    Hi Car_man,

Would you share the money factor and residual value for 2012 Tiguan SEL with 15K miles per year, 36 mons. I am in Houston, TX. :)

Thanks!
  • wawzj619wawzj619 Posts: 31
    Hi Car_man,

Would you share the money factor and residual value for 2012 Tiguan SE with sunroof & Nav. 15K miles per year, 36 mons. I am in Houston, TX.

Thanks!
  • Hi Car_man,

Can you give me the current money factor, residual % and any incentives for a 2012 Tiguan S 4Motion 36month 10k/year lease for the month of August? My zip code is 20817.

Also, any thoughts on how much I can push to reduce the disposition fee?

Thanks,

Marylandguy
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    Disposition fees are fixed by the lender... don't waste effort on negotiating that.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kyfdx,

Thanks.

Can you help me out on my other questions?

Thanks,

Marylandguy
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    Car_man has those specific numbers... he'll be along soon..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Hi Marylandguy. volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan S 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The disposition fee is being charged by VW Credit and individual dealers do not have the authority to waive it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car man,

I am in the market for the above. What are VWOAs money factors and residuals for 36 month leases? What are the lease inception fee and any other fees? I'm in NJ.

Tom
  • Hi Tom. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan S 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this truck through VW Credit.

At lease signing Volkswagen Credit charges a $625 acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car Man. A few more questions. What does VW define as top tier credit. How is money factor affected if your credit score is between 650-700? For a 12,000 mile per year lease, what is the money factor & residual?

Thanks again Car Man!

Tom
  • Hi car_man,

A dealer in Richmond is offering the following terms on a lease:

MSRP: 35,690
    Negotiated Sale Price: $32,500 (He said there was a regional $1000 dealer incentive)
    Miles/Monther: 12K/36 months
    Money Factor: 0.00028
    Residual Value: 57%
    Acq fee: $625, Doc Fee = $389, Tax+Fee: $1108

The monthly payment is coming out to be $412/month with 0 down.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • You're welcome Tom. That's an excellent question about the credit tiers. I'm not sure exactly what the cutoff is for Volkswagen Credit's A Tier is, but you're probably close. I'm guessing that is' somewhere in the low 700s. You may end up being B Tier.

The money factor is exactly the same for a lease with 12,000 miles per year, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ishwardin. I love Richmond. What a beautiful area. Let's take a look at this deal.

The dealer invoice price for the model that you're interested in is $34,295. If we subtract the $1,000 regional cash incentive from that it drops to $33,295. The selling price that you were quoted is still even lower than that, which is a very good deal. Man, VW dealers are certainly being aggressive lately. Most of the deals that I've seen have been below invoice. No wonder VW sales have exploded.

The .00028 money factor that you were quoted is right on the money as well.

If you like the Tiguan, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.