Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• jessy1jessy1 Posts: 13
    HELP!
    I want to lease a tiguan SE 4 motion with sunroof and navigation. 36 months, 12 k per yr. I can work with 10 if it comes down to it because I am feeling desperate.
    I am bad with numbers and no one is helping me. I have also learned from past leases that focusing on only monthly payments and not the residual at end of lease was stupid. Can someone calculate what I should be paying/a fair price for em? I would be so grateful! I can't do all these confusing math problems.
    Also it is freezing and snowy in Boston and end of month so I would like a decent deal.
    Thank you so much.
    -Jessica, carless in MA
  • That is indeed correct, jc_hills. In many cases, Volkswagen's money factors are significantly lower than BMW's.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for jake134. Volkswagen Credit's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00016 and 64% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00016 and 57%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this vehicle's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Jessica. I would be happy to work up a lease payment on this vehicle for you. You never mentioned what selling price you are shooting for, so I will have to make an assumption.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2013 Tiguan SE 4Motion with sunroof and navigation that has an MSRP of $31,925 and a selling price of $31,000 through VW Credit right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $364, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

This should give you an idea of what sort of pre-tax payment to shoot for. Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi - looking at my first lease deal. I think I've done my homework but would love to know thoughts of those more experienced...including recommended negotiation points. According to dealer, this is for January (1 day left) only. Here's the detail for a 2013 Tiguan SEL. Many thanks!!!

MSRP = 36,235
    Adjusted Cap Cost = 33,951
    Money Fator = .00016
    Term = 36mo/12K
    $0 down
    Residual = 55%
    Monthly Payment = $398 (plus tax = $426)
  • Hi - wanted to report back, wound up with a little better deal once they officially pulled credit and because I conceded to taking the silver one off the lot (vs ordering a black one)

Can't recall all exact components but here's some info:

Tiguan SEL
    Money factor .00001. (Offered something about dealer buying points for high credit?)
    Residual 57% (not sure, just remember it went up from prior)
    Price 31,900 (not sure again, don't have papers in front of me)

$345 month ($370 after tax)
    0 down
    1st month paid, so 35 payments

12k/36m

I didn't see a better deal so I signed. Best offer from another dealer was $465/month with 2,000 down. Joke.

Had an amazing dealer experience.

Also, I stumbled into these forums because I was curious abt credit scores needed for leases. When I checked mine, it was equifax and good but vw used transunion which returned higher and allowed for a better money factor. Best of luck to all around. PM me if you are in the mkt for a 2006 A4 (ne fl).

:shades:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,219
    That looks like a great deal... Is that FWD or AWD?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• talon4x4talon4x4 Posts: 14
    edited February 2013
    The lease on my CC will be expiring in a couple of months and I'm looking to get a Tiguan. CarMan can you give me the info I need for February? (ie. money factor, residual, incentives, etc)

I also received a $500 coupon for attending and speaking to a VW rep at the local new car show. How would that factor in here?? Also, how are the options (mats, climatronic, passenger seat) figured in? Are those added to the cap cost? I added them to it in my numbers below. What about the destination fee? Is it figured in to the MSRP or just something I can pay at signing?

Here is the vehicle I found that I would like to lease. I will be doing a 3yr lease with 10k miles/year.

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan 4WD 4dr Auto SE w/Sunroof & Nav - Wild Cherry Metallic
    -floor mats
    -Climatronic
    -manual passenger seat

Here's where I'm at so far. If I use January's info (58% residual and MF .00016) and I'm going to be shooting for the True Market Value I found on Edmunds which is $31,458 + $241 (climatronic) + $185 (Tiguan mat kit) - $150 (manual passenger seat) + $825 (destination fee) = $32,606.

With those numbers in mind I figured the cap cost should be $31,734. With a money factor of .00016 and residual of 58% I should have a pre-tax payment of $351.73 for 36 months ($382.51 w/tax). I'd only like to pay the destination and 1st payment at signing which would be $1207.51

None of this includes the $500 coupon I have because I didn't know where it factored in.

Does this sound feasible?

Thanks!!
  • chillyalchillyal Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Hi everyone,

Looking to get my daughter her first car. I would like to lease the vw tiguan with the 2.0t SE no sunroof or nav. 36 months. They want me to put 1900 down and 365/month tax included and it comes with 12,000 miles. Great credit. Am I getting robbed? Thx in advance
  • The dealer sent me the lease worksheet and I'm trying to make sense of why our numbers don't match. The first thing I see is how the depreciation is calculated. When I look at the Edmunds site it says to subtract residual from cap cost. Now I thought the cap cost was the agreed upon cost of the car?! But maybe its not that simple. Because the agreed upon price is $31,791. However on this worksheet it says adjusted cap cost $33,115.56. The $33,115 is coming from the agreed upon price + acquisition fee - amount paid in cash. $31,791 + $625 - $569.11 = $32,416. Hmmm.....now there is something else that doesn't add up. What's on the worksheet and how the numbers actually add up are different by around $1,200. Maybe I'm overlooking something here?!?

Is there anyone around that can help me make sense of this? I was hoping to go shopping tomorrow. :D

Ohh and it looks like the money factor is now .00066 or at least that is what's on my worksheet. That extra .0005 actually makes a pretty big difference in the monthly payment. A $27/month difference in my case.

Thanks!
  • Hi talon4x4. Volkswagen Credit's February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with Sunroof, Navigation and 10,000 miles per year are .00016 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it.

If I was in the market for this vehicle, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over the invoice price that is listed here (preferably towards the lower end) minus the $500 lease cash minus the $500 coupon that you have if it's from the manufacturer.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi chillyal. It would be much easier for us to evaluate this deal if you were able to provide us with this truck's MSRP and selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, it is more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given an in turn if there is any room left to negotiate.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

I was given no prices just 1900 down 365 month for an SE 4 motion

And 1600 down 306 month for a S 4 motion niether have sunroof or nav.

I guess I better go back andget some real numbers from them.

We are also looking at the ford escape on sat. any thoughts on that one?

Your the best
  • jt401jt401 Posts: 1
    Help with two questions please. Need Feb. buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease 2013 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12K miles/year for top credit tier. Also would appreciate if others can tell me what they are being quoted for 2013 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12K miles/year lease. Any additional info is appreciated. Thx
  • 2013 tiguan S
    with panoramic roof
    12k miles a year
    3 years
    1000 down
    $268 a month and that is including tax.

I think I did well, and my wife loves the car, silver really makes it look expensive.
  • zdogszdogs Posts: 16
    Got a Tiguan SE 2WD (without nav/sunroof) for my wife tonight in Central FL. Pretty smooth process completed totally via e-mail. Selling price was $26,530 + fees. (Here in FL most dealers charge a "dealer fee" of $599-$799. This dealer charged $579 which is one of the lower ones around.) It's just a game and as long as you can get to at least $600 or so below invoice before any rebates, it's basically a wash. Payment for 36 mo/12k miles came to $325 (including tax) and all I paid up front was the 1st payment. Wife turned in a Jetta that had 5 months left on the lease and they basically bought it for the pay-off amount which was slightly more than what Kelley BB said the trade-in would be worth, but they made up the difference to do the deal. Oh - and they threw in the mat kit. Overall, I think it was a pretty good deal.
  • talon4x4talon4x4 Posts: 14
    edited March 2013
    Picked up a 2013 White-Gold Metallic Tiguan last weekend. Figured I'd share my info here. Its an SE with 4motion, navigation, sunroof, leather, winter floor mats, mud/splash guards, window etching and first aid kit. The terms are 10k/year on a 3 year lease. We used our $500 auto show coupon and the $500 lease cash. I believe the MSRP was a bit above $34,000. My wife isn't home so I don't have the paperwork with the exact breakdown but here is an overview.

We are paying $390/month (8.75% tax included) and had $1000 due at signing.

I'm really happy with that deal. Thanks CarMar for posting the info, it was a real help!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    edited March 2013
    Thanks chillyal :). That's how I always negotiate a lease. I negotiate the lowest possible selling price for the vehicle that I want and then have the dealer calculate my payment using its buy rate lease money factor. That assures me of getting the best possible deal.

As far as the Escape goes, it certainly will be a whole lot cheaper to lease than the Tiguan. All things being equal I'd rather have the Tig, but it's definitely going to cost a little more. Traditionally VW trucks have been overpriced to lease, but the deals on them have been getting better.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jt401. Volkswagen Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00002 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $2,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck through VW Credit. Make sure to take this cash into account when negotiating the capitalized cost for your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Kudos jeffkresh. That is a very attractive payment on a Tiguan. The prices certainly have come down on them lately.

I hope that your wife enjoys it.

Car_man
    Host
    Wow is your username a reference to the Eagle Talon. A friend of mine used to have one. I remember all of the brands that went away, Chrysler, Plymouth, Oldsmobile, Daewoo, Saturn, Mercury, Isuzu, Hummer, now Suzuki...and those are just the recent ones.

I digress...I'm glad that we were able to help you out. Thanks for stopping back to share the details of your deal. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

I need some advice and hope you can help.

I am at the end of a lease on a 2010 GTI and I'm looking at a Tiguan. The GTI Buy Out price is about 2K lower than it's trade in value.

First question: I am getting conflicting responses about using the GTI's positive equity towards the Tiguan. One dealer says they had to buy it 90 days before my lease is over, another seems to be open to it. Is trading in a lease unusual? This is the first time I attempt it>

Second question: I am interested in a Tiguan SE, w/sunroof and navigation. The True Car price (which I'm aiming for) is $29,848 and includes $825 destination fee. Could you work up what the lease would be with 12000miles, 36month, and no out of pocket cost? Would you mind telling me what the Money Factor and Residual % it is you use?

I believe there is a $1000 VW loyalty incentive going on this month? Is there any other cap reduction I should keep in mind?

Thank you so much for your advice!
  • cliffpozcliffpoz Posts: 52
    What is mf and residual on see with sunroof and navigation? Also what rebates are available?
  • Hi again Car_man,

So I moved on the Tiguan. Here's what I got:

SE, 4motion, Sunroof and Navigation for $31600
    36 months, 12000 miles/yr
    Dealer took to GTI equity ($2100) as down payment
    No out of pocket and $350.39 a month

I believe he called it a "keys 4 keys" sale...

Does this sound good, just curious.

I love the car!

Thanks.
  • vdubluv4vdubluv4 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I have an offer for a 2013 SEL Tiguan (4Motion) for $3k down $321 a month (inc tax, title, license), residual value approx $20k (oh and 12k mi/year). (I think sticker price was $38k) Sounds great! Am I missing anything here or is this awesome?
  • va_4011va_4011 Posts: 2
    This is an excellent deal. Would you mind sharing the dealer details.
  • va_4011va_4011 Posts: 2
    What is the best lease price for 2013 Tiguan SEL FWD with 12K miles/year with 0 down?
    What is the best lease price for 2013 Tiguan SEL (4Motion) with 12K miles/year with 0 down?

Thanks in advance
    Hi privera10. More often than not consumers do not have any equity on their leased vehicle that they can use on their next deal.

I need both the MSRP and selling price of the new car that you're interested in to work up a payment on it for you. I can tell you though that VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with 12,000 miles per year .00003 and 56% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck. There's an additional $500 loyalty cash incentive on top of that. There's also some regional cash as well. If you tell me what state you are in I can tell you if there's any in your area.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cliffpoz. VW Credit's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with 15,000 miles per year are .00003 and 54% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck plus another $500 for loyal customers. These's some regional cash on top of that that I can tell you if you're eligible for if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.