Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,623
    Disposition fees are fixed by the lender... don't waste effort on negotiating that.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kyfdx,

Thanks.

Can you help me out on my other questions?

Thanks,

Marylandguy
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,623
    Car_man has those specific numbers... he'll be along soon..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Marylandguy. volkswagen Credit's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan S 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The disposition fee is being charged by VW Credit and individual dealers do not have the authority to waive it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car man,

I am in the market for the above. What are VWOAs money factors and residuals for 36 month leases? What are the lease inception fee and any other fees? I'm in NJ.

Tom
  • Hi Tom. Volkswagen Credit's September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan S 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this truck through VW Credit.

At lease signing Volkswagen Credit charges a $625 acquisition fee.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car Man. A few more questions. What does VW define as top tier credit. How is money factor affected if your credit score is between 650-700? For a 12,000 mile per year lease, what is the money factor & residual?

Thanks again Car Man!

Tom
  • Hi car_man,

A dealer in Richmond is offering the following terms on a lease:

MSRP: 35,690
    Negotiated Sale Price: $32,500 (He said there was a regional $1000 dealer incentive)
    Miles/Monther: 12K/36 months
    Money Factor: 0.00028
    Residual Value: 57%
    Acq fee: $625, Doc Fee = $389, Tax+Fee: $1108

The monthly payment is coming out to be $412/month with 0 down.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks
  • You're welcome Tom. That's an excellent question about the credit tiers. I'm not sure exactly what the cutoff is for Volkswagen Credit's A Tier is, but you're probably close. I'm guessing that is' somewhere in the low 700s. You may end up being B Tier.

The money factor is exactly the same for a lease with 12,000 miles per year, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ishwardin. I love Richmond. What a beautiful area. Let's take a look at this deal.

The dealer invoice price for the model that you're interested in is $34,295. If we subtract the $1,000 regional cash incentive from that it drops to $33,295. The selling price that you were quoted is still even lower than that, which is a very good deal. Man, VW dealers are certainly being aggressive lately. Most of the deals that I've seen have been below invoice. No wonder VW sales have exploded.

The .00028 money factor that you were quoted is right on the money as well.

If you like the Tiguan, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • itstiitsti Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I'm new here. But I just dealt with the dealer yesterday on a lease on a black 2013 S (base) no sunroof 4motion Tiguan.

originally,
    signup: 4500
    300/month

after some negotiation they showed me the math and a breakdown:
    3000 signup - 270/month - 36 months

MSRP: 27480
    residual: 60%; 16488
    term: 36
    Money factor: 0.00045
    Cash cap reduction: 2077.50
    Sale tax: 7%; 793.78
    Doc fee: 349

Any opinion on this would be great!

Thanks,
    Ivan
  • I just came from 2 different VW dealerships with very different numbers:

Tiguan SE
    MSRP: $32,000
    Tier B Credit
    $5,000 down / $400 a month
    36 Months, 15K miles

Can somebody tell me if this sounds correct? Seems a bit off...
  • fourizonly007fourizonly007 Posts: 23
    edited October 2012
    Car_man,

Do you have the lease numbers for Tiguan S or Tiguan SE? Both 36 & 42 months with 12k/year. Thank you very much.
  • Here you go fourizonly007. Volkswagen Credit's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan S with 12,000 miles per year are .00045 and 60% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00096 and 56%.

The numbers for the '13 Tiguan SE are .00044 / 59% and .00106 / 55%.

For the rest of the month, Volkswagen is waiving the first payment on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_man,

Thank you very much for the information.

Cheers!
  • croatbagcroatbag Posts: 21
    edited November 2012
    Hello Car man,

Could you give me the MF and residual for November for the 36 month and 42 month leases of a 2013 Tiguan SE with Sunroof and Nav for 12K miles?

Thank you in advance.
  • Dear Carman,

Can you please let me know the MF and RV for 2012 Tiguan S FWD and AWD models for 10,000 miles and 36 month and/or 42 month lease? I am looking to lease one soon in NJ area.

Thanks.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,395
    I'm interested in the same information as "croatbag." 2013 Tiguan SE w/ sunroof & navigation. 36 months/10 K per year.

Thanks as always in advance for your help! It is very much appreciated!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• You're welcome fourizonly007.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi croatbag. VW Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE with sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00030 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

As a reminder, Volkswagen is waiving the first month's payment on leases this month.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.