Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Tiguan Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello mazmia. Volkswagen Credit's November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Tiguan S FWD with 10,000 miles per year are .00008 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that the numbers for the AWD model would be the same. The lease program for 42-month leases of this truck looks much worse in my opinion.

There is currently a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this model, but Volkswagen is not waiving the first payment on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey nyccarguy. How have you been? I hope that everything is going well and that you didn't get hit too hard by the storm.

Scroll back a few posts for the information that you're looking for. VW Credit's 10,000 mile per year residual value is 1% higher than its 12,000 mile per year residual.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,106
    Hey carman. All is very well, thanks for asking. A 50' pine tree fell on my house and did some minor damage (small hole in the roof, small hole in the siding in the attic). Nobody got hurt & I'm very fortunate compared to most others.

Thanks for the info. I'll pass the numbers along to my friend who is Tiguan shopping.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Hi Car_man, I am hoping you can provide me some guidance. I am a city person that has depended on zipcar and is ready to make the leap into a Tiguan. My husband and I both have great credit. We want to lease the car from a dealer in Cherry Hill, NJ, but live in Philadelphia (19147). We want to get the SE with 4 motion, GPS, and Sunroof. Can you help us figure out what we should expect to pay, what are the right questions to ask and what is the best time to lease?

The dealer gave us ballpark numbers. All the numbers are based on 10k miles and include all taxes, title, fees, etc.

$1K down/$373 month; $1.5k down/ $361 month; $2k down/ $349 month

We greatly appreciate any information you can provide!
  • Help! I have never leased a car before and am quite confused by the whole process. I am trying to figure out what lease payments might be on the car I have recently had quoted. From what I have gathered from what I have read here, rate lease money factor, residual value and number of miles seem to be factors.

Here is what I know so far:
    MSRP on car is $31,100
    Sales price offered is $29,746
    My sales tax rate is 7.75
    I am hoping to get 15,000/year
    I can put $5,000 down but not sure if I should or not...
    I have top tier credit

Can someone help me figure out my lease payments with and without this down payment?

I see you mention a .00030 rate and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier....but not sure I know what this means.

Thanks very much! :)
  • You're very welcome, nyccarguy. I'm glad that all is OK. You're right, anyone who didn't lose anything significant in that terrible storm was very blessed. I'm glad to hear that you and your family are OK.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jenshap3. I have friends who live in Philly and use ZipCar all the time. Apparently it works pretty well, though I'm sure it's not as convenient as owning your own vehicle. It's the parking expense that will get you :).

It sounds like you are relatively new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You can find the pricing data that you need over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

VW Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SE 4Motion with 10,000 miles per year are .00030 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Volkswagen is currently waiving the first month's payment, but not providing any other cash incentives on leases of this truck.

Car_man
    Host
  • Recently quoted $36,300 for 2013 Tiguan SEL, 4 Motion, Rubber Mats, & trailer hitch (including destination). 42 month lease with 12K per annum.

Down Payment of Tax of $1,675
    MF.0007
    Payment of $395 per month

Thoughts? Anyone know what the damage waiver is on a leased VW Tiguan? Thoughts on it being out of warranty for 6 months?
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,106
    after a few weeks of email negotiations & weeding out a lot of garbage, my friend took delivery of her candy white/black Tiguan SE w/ 4Motion, Sunroof, & Navigation. 36 months/10K per year. $399.85 per month including $625 bank fee & 8.875% NYC sales tax rolled into the payment. Only DMV fees due @ signing.

Overall an excellent buying experience from Platinum VW in Hicksville, NY (Long Island)

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Well I did not hear back but have gone ahead and leased the car anyways...$29,153....($32,260 MSRP) with 5K down...$244 payments for 42 mos at 12,000 miles. Lease buyout is at $17,743....not sure if I did well or not. Thoughts anyone?
  • Not a bad deal. However, putting $5K down is
    crazy. If anything happens to that car you lose that money!
  • Now you tell me! I have never leased before so this is all new turf...I did that so I could keep my payment low...and i figured I would get $5K from selling my old car. Thanks for responding! :)
  • ace51ace51 Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man

Can you please tell me the MF and residual for a 2013 Tiguan S 4motion? I'd need the number for 10k, 12k and 15k miles if possible. You mentioned that the first payment would be waived, does that apply to any Tiguan? Thank you very very much in advance!
  • That's great, nyccarguy. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and let us know how everything turned out. That's a good deal. I hope that she enjoys her new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi ace51. Volkswagen Credit's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan S 4Motion with 15,000 miles per year are .00015 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residual would be 3% higher.

Yes the "Sign Then Drive" payment waiver offer is indeed available on all 2013 Tiguan models.

Car_man
    Host
  • ? - is this a good offer: Tiguan SE w/Sunroof & Nav. etc..Dealer has MSRP @ $34,360 with sale price of $32,500 - I would pay taxes & title & doc fee up front ...total is $3,125 out of pocket for that... FOR 42 months = $385 & FOR 36 months =$ 420- both include 15,000 miles per year. I was curious as to if this is a good lease offer? I would have never considerd 42 months before but dealer says alot of people are taking 42 months etc...
  • taupiztaupiz Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man, any idea what the January money factor and residual value for a 36 or 42-month lease of a 2013 Tiguan SEL with 12,000 miles per year might be?
    Thank you.
  • Hi taupiz. Volkswagen isn't scheduled to introduce its new January programs until some time tomorrow. I'll need a couple of days to find everything out. Please feel free to post a reminder in this discussion for me later this week and I'll gladly give you an update of what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • jc_hillsjc_hills Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Hello,

Am I reading correctly the money factor number? Reading some BMW posts I see that it is around .00130 , but now that I am reading the VW it is an additional 0 Zero, meaning .00030 which brings it down significantly. So for a BMW the rate is about 3% and with WV less than 1%?

Thank you!
  • Looking for 2013 VW Tiguan 4WD auto SE with sunroof and Nav, 24 and 36 month residual, 10k and 12k miles per year.Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.