Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Mileage Improvement

2»

Comments

• opc167opc167 Posts: 14
    I just bought a GMC 1500 6.0 2wd w/ 150k miles. It runs great but getting 13.2 mpg. Is this the norm and if if not, should I start with changing the coils with a plug change? I wasn't expecting this low of gas mileage. I'd like to put it on a computer but I'm not sure what's good out on the market. The dealship wasn't my first choice.

No check engine, no problems..just inquiring about mileage.

Thanks.....newbee.
  • ttaupier1ttaupier1 Posts: 50
    edited February 2010
    Hi OPC,

Yes I fear that is all the mileage you are going to get, even with K&N, and a tonneau cover, I'm averaging 18.2mpg(city20% and highway80%) (5.3 liter V8), it also has to do with your rear end gearing.. if you have the higher gear set or a towing lower gear set.

My guess is make as much air flow through the engine with as much ease, then due to you large V8, up the gearing of your rear, that will likely help. if you dont live in Colorado or in the mts in general ...

I bought the mass airflow sensor and have had no luck, just that there is too much oxygen in the mix.. and an engine light is now cycling on and off

see my post here General Intake / Exhaust Mods ... #862 of 864The Generation II FIPK® is K&N's & Granatelli MAF by ttaupier1, might be an option

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f131b21/861!keywords=#MSG861
  • opc167opc167 Posts: 14
    I'm in Macon Ga. Since my first reply, I've been thru 2 more tanks and still getting 13.2. I asked for it though. I wanted something that would pull. I got it!
2»
This discussion has been closed.