Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me understand these Buick Rendezvous repairs!

2»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    Hello Juliaom,
    I apologize that you have had concerns with your vehicle. I would like an agent to look into your concern further. Can you please email me your VIN, contact information, dealership and best time to contact you? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • It should not be a awd problem(i think). the brakes engage and pump at wrong times. The manual says that the awd is automatically disabled when there is a problem with the abs system. So i would tend to believe that if it was just an awd issue that that light would come on by itself without the antilock light coming on. Both lights are coming on which is why i believe it is abs problem.
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,183
    For the AWD/ABS and perhaps the Jumping bucking problem it may be due to an issue with the C305 connector (water intrusion/ corrosion). Do a google search on 'gm c305 connector' and you will find all the troubles it can cause.
  • 2002rdv2002rdv Posts: 2
    My rear view mirror just fell off the windshield of our 2002 RDZ. I cannot get the metal clip out of the mirror housing to re-attach it to the windshield. I have removed the screw but nothing happpens when I try to pry it loose. I am afraid if I try to hard I will crack the housing completely.

these cars are brutal!!
  • 2002rdv2002rdv Posts: 2
    Same problem. AWD and anti-lock light came on. Took it to my buddy to replace the sensor and 3 days later the light comes on even more often. Can any harm come from just driving with these lights on.. Brakes work fine and don't need 4WD.
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,183
    No harm I can think of, you just have to realize you don't have ABS (like the thousands of other vehicles on the road that don't have ABS system)
  • i did alot of research on other forum sites on this problem. Rendezvous and Azteck forums. Most people had their problem fixed by looking for and finding broken, bent, or pinched wires near the abs sensor. i havent looked at mine yet, but it would make sense. My problem triggers on my first turn, and never happened that fast before a sensor was replaced. I am thinking just by the mechanic moving around the wires while replacing the sensor made the bad wire worse, and that is why it happens more often, as is the case with your car.
  • I bought a 03 Buick Rendezvous 2 months ago . From the beginning there was a loud noise when you step on the gas pedal. As soon as you let go of the pedal it stops. It sounds like exaust but I have had it to so many people and no one knows for sure. They say the whole exaust system should be replaced but when I bought it they put a new muffler on it. It also has a sound when the wheel is turned far to either side . They say the power stearing pump is fine. Buick dealership says that the sounds are the way they sound. I can't believe that. I have to turn radio very loud and can still hear it. Can anyone help? Have you had this problem?
  • Mariah, I am sorry I did not get your message about contacting you.. I do not check this board anymore since I traded the Buick in for a good car.
    Boy you have a full time job answering this Rendezvoodoo board.
    I will send you what I have. Thank you.
    Julia Mitchel, Lexington, KY :mad:
    Hello Juliaom,
    I didn't know that you don't have the vehicle anymore. I received your e-mail before I saw that you posted back. So my e-mail will be addressing your old vehicle, sorry about the mix-up.
    Thank you,
  • Mariah, will I hear from you at my email or on this board. I very rarely check this board?
    The AWD and Power Lock light was still on when I traded the car in last week.
  • Mariah, I got a message from Socialmedia@gm.com re Thread ID: 1-EEEHSD, but could not find it. You said you did not see any recalls on my VIN 3G5DB03E12S530922.
    There were no recalls on the AC, I said the Dealer in Grainger, IN fixed it in 2005, he fixed it for $2000. The first of my expensive problems with this GM vehicle that was made in Mexico.
    No wonder American's have no jobs, thanks to GM.
    Hello Juiliaom,
    I apologize for the concerns you had with your vehicle. Because you have traded in the vehicle there is nothing I can do. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you,
2»