Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Blazer has no power and engine bogs down

2»

Comments

• captferdcaptferd Posts: 14
    edited July 2013
    90 thru 96 vortec v6 were notorious for carbon buildup in egr system. carbon breaks loose and gets stuck in egr valve wont let it close. you can clean it out (egr valve), but will most likely keep happening.
  • so I have a 1990 blazer and I was on my way to church this morning and I was stopped at a light, light turned green and I put my foot in it and it lurched forward about 10 feet (enough for me to be in the middle of the intersection ) and then it wouldn't go, rpms were at nothing but the car was running and it didn't go anywhere, ive had this happen for like a 1/2 second or 1 second but I figured that could just be delay somewhere but this was like for 4 seconds before it started to go, enough time for the light to turn yellow. so at this point its dangerous to drive so I need to figure out what is wrong, guy at church told me it would have to do with the fuel line or something related to fuel, any advice on what to do or look for would be awesome!
  • Throughout this thread this problem has been talked about and covered pretty good. The first thing that most will condemn is the fuel delivery. Not to say this could be the problem but with a 1990 a fuel problem will leave you dead in the water. There has been a problem I brought up earlier where the lines rust in half, in the rear where they travel over the rear end. You'll smell raw gas back there. The intermittent problems like yours are Mass air sensor, TPMS and the good ole plastic distributers. V6 Vortec engines are notorious for carbon getting stuck in the EGR. All produce symptoms like you have described.
2»