Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Outlander Audio Sirius Bluetooth

2»

Comments

• Comem47 - Would you happen to know how to disable Sirius in a Sirius enabled radio?
  • comem47comem47 Posts: 390
    edited July 2010
    I guess I don't follow why you need to disable it. instead of Sirius you can listen to AM or FM radio or select CD or Aux input (MP3 etc) just by pushing the correct buttons. So just don't select the Sat radio position and leave it set for FM.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 894
    If you remove the lower glovebox there is a Sirius module on the right side. Can't miss it. If you disconnect that you still might get the Sirius mode on the stereo, though.
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,235
    BT audio quality is fine in the 2010. The only thing I do is make sure the heater/AC fan is off or at minimal speed to reduce background noise. No one on the other end of a call has ever complained about our voice quality.

2010 models have dual-mics in the headliner; I'm not sure about prior years.
    I use my phone to play Pandora and then streamed it over BT to my Outlander. It's a 2010 so I don't know if your 2008 would do it. With BT enabled on your phone do you have the option of selecting BT as an input on the stereo?

BlueTooth has profiles for different functions so it's possible your Outlander supports BT phone profile but not BT audio streaming. Basic profile info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile

It isn't super detailed but there is a little info at http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/owners-site/technology-features.do
    Erik, did you also try the "super-secret" password of 1234?

Beyond that I'm not sure so I'd suggest doing an RTFM or calling Mitsu's customer service number: 1-888-MITSU2010 (1-888-648-7820). Some references I saw from a quick search showed that dealers should be able to reset the BT module.
    I didn't look at the post dates and apparently replied to some old discussions. Oops.

The forum software must've glitched as I was viewing the threads using the "Read new posts" option.
  • steverstever Ex Yooper, just arrived in New MexicoPosts: 40,540
    Oh, some posts were consolidated and I moved some out of sequence.

But just think of all the Bing/Google/Yahoo searchers you've helped. :shades:

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

2»
This discussion has been closed.