Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sunroof leak on my Saturn Outlook

1111213141517»

Comments

• Hello,
    We have an 08 Outlook, currently in the shop, that the roof drains are clogged. Funny thing is the shop manager told my wife that it says in the owners manual to clean the drains. When I asked him, he said it's in there vaguely and of course couldn't say, but he ultimately said "you must maintain your vehicle." We love the Outlook, but unfortunately, the sunroof has issues. The America people did the so called "right thing" when GM was bailed out, GM should step up and fix this problem. If anyone hasn't filed a complaint on the NHTSA site, please do so now! The more complaints the better. Also, write letters to GM and voice your issues on every social media outlet. If you have news stations that will do investigative stories, see if they will bit on this. I wish everyone the best of luck with their Saturn.
  • Yep, I fixed the leaking sunroof problem on my 2008 Outlook. I traded that sucker in for a 2013 Kia Sportage. Now I have a vehicle with a sunroof that will not leak....and if it does, I purchased the 10 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper package that will take care of anything. I will never purchase another GM vehicle EVER. So I gave up some space (kid is gone now anyway) and will be getting much better gas mileage and easier to park! Win/Win for me!
  • Good decision. I traded my leaky 08 for 09 that didn't leak but at 60000 miles had transmission problems. GM tried fixing leak 11 times and never got it done. There answer for transmission was essentially "lived with it, this is due to transmission controller and cannot be fixed". So I traded it for Lexus. Done with GM
  • I think that's what many are doing. We traded ours in for a Ford Explorer and I couldn't be happier. We have sworn off GM entirely. How they've handled this whole issue is deplorable. I thought there was hope when I actually had a GM rep respond to my post. That was a joke. It's just so they can see they responded. It's a KNOWN issue to them and yet they aren't willing to do the right thing and recall the car to fix it. I mean why should they? They killed the brand. Now I get why Roger Penske pulled his bid to buy Saturn... Good call, Roger!
  • I own a 2008 Saturn Outlook with 64000 miles. We too are having leaks in the sunroof and most recently the service air bag light has come on. Water leaks in through the lights and more recently through air bag covers. I have an appt. on Monday to have it looked at, but after reading all the posts I wonder if it's a waste of money?? Already had transmission issues at 36,000 miles (luckily covered under warranty). I loved this vehicle so much we bought it but am now so fearful about future problems. Love the layout, perfect for our season of life with carpools. I hope GM does the right thing...guess I shouldn't hold my breath:(
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,168
    Hello chelseaw,

I apologize that you have experienced this with your Outlook. I would be happy to look into your situation further. If this is something you would like my assistance with please email me, attn: Jonathan A. at socialmedia@gm.com. If you would also reference your username, and include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and involved dealership. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A.
    GM Customer Care
  • I just left the dealership that I bought my 08 from in '11. Initially I LOVED it but since it started leaking last year and now flooding with the EXACT issues I'm done. They have my Saturn there with two flooded front floor boards, water coming out of the airbag ports, water sloshing over my head when I move the vehicle, water pouring out of the visor arms attached to the headliner and water pouring out from under the dash to the point it's soaking my feet when I drive. Looked back yesterday and saw water dripping on my 3 yr old son from the interior lights. I told them to fix it so I could get it cleaned up and traded off. I'm DONE.

I'm leaning towards a '12 Ford Explorer XLT.
    Hello 4vinsons,

I'm very sorry to hear that this experience has led you to consider trading off your vehicle. I apologize that the leaking sunroof hasn't been fixed on your Saturn and recognize your dissatisfaction with this situation. If there is anything we can do to help with this matter, please email us your name, VIN, mileage, contact information and the name of the dealership you've been working with. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber]. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • I've been posting and watching the activity since 2009, the year after I purchased a new Outlook, which has been in the shop 8 times. I see a lot of complaints, and much lip-service from GM, which in my mind, amounts to stonewalling. It appears to me that the dealers can only make temporary repairs, and eventually the leaks return. Has ANYONE who has posted on this site EVER had a permanent solution to the leakage issue??
  • cvelascocvelasco Posts: 1

can anyone tell me if they got any good outcomes with GM repairing the sunroof leak hose? i have had the same problem since last year. the last time i took mine into the dealership they said they could not find a problem so nothing was done. we just had a bad storm this past weekend and my airbags on side panel were leaking and my front passenger carpet was soaked. ive been told by the dealership that the hoses for dranege could not handle that much water so it overfloaded into the car. and the hose is too short. this should be put on recall.. now they want to charge me $450 to replace hoses.

• weebijouweebijou Posts: 1

My mom has a 2007 Saturn outlook that has the clogging problem. she took it to the dealership (same one she purchased it from) and they want to charge her $4000 to fix it. The recall part was apparently fixed. I am so worried about her driving it because of the electrical system and the water. Plus the car restarted itself after she turned it off and took the key out. I am a loyal chevy customer- was getting ready to buy a new cruze later this year but now am disheartened.

@weebijou said: My mom has a 2007 Saturn outlook that has the clogging problem. she took it to the dealership (same one she purchased it from) and they want to charge her $4000 to fix it. The recall part was apparently fixed. I am so worried about her driving it because of the electrical system and the water. Plus the car restarted itself after she turned it off and took the key out. I am a loyal chevy customer- was getting ready to buy a new cruze later this year but now am disheartened.

Hi weebijou,

I just responded to your private message regarding your mom's vehicle. I look forward to hearing back from you and working towards a possible resolution.

Amber N. GM Customer Care

• tiredofgm1tiredofgm1 Posts: 1

Does anyone got an answer from GM about this leaking issue with Saturn Outlook and GMC Acadia? I sent an e-mail to socialmidia@gm.com but so far I haven't received a response. In my case, I have water leaking on the airbag sign of the airbag in the column at the sides of the windshield. As the water may affect the performance of the Airbag it may be ineffective on an accident and may jeopardize the lives of the front passengers thus I believe it is time for GM to take serious action and propose a recall before they have to pay another $35Million fine to the NHTSA....Amber, I'm at your disposal for discussing it. Just let me know where I can contact you.

Hello tiredofgm1,

We are sorry to hear that you are having concerns with your vehicle. I understand you mentioned you sent us an email, I want to ensure that you sent the email to socialmedia@gm.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

Andraya R. GM Customer Care

• wagner3304wagner3304 Posts: 1
    My 2008 Outlook just went crazy last week with the radio not turning off and draining the battery, then yesterday it kept running with the key out of the ignition! So we found all of these posts with EVERYONE who owns these vehicles having the SAME problem. It just so happens the airbag light came on this week too AND we get the recall notice that this is covered under a RECALL due to CORROSION!!!! Coincidence??? I don't think so!!! The dealership wants to charge us $1500 to fix this problem and also acted like we should have maintained these drainage tubes?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? So if the airbags are compromised by the leaking, but you don't fix and cover the leaking problem in the first place. These problems should all be covered under the recall... I am on my way to contacting the BBB and the news and our state government to address this WELL known safety issue that GM has been aware if for years! I am tired of these companies trying to pass off poor design issues on the consumer and only own up to it when FORCED to by congress!! Reply to THAT, GM customer service rep!!