Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Subaru Forester mileage reports

1234568»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Isn't denial step 1?

:D
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,346
    That is amazing eh? I love it when you work the math out and it all makes sense as per the original plan.

Yes, the flop in 07 has cost me tens of thousands...enough so it has advanced my retirement age to dead I think.
    Wes, wanted to make sure you knew about these?

http://www.zoombak.com/products/pet/

there is a monthly or lifetime option coverage
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    edited January 2011
    Hah! I shouldn't be surprised by that.

That product is not for me (I hope my wife never finds out about it, though, because she might not feel the same way!). No, I secretly hope that someone will put a bullet in her when she decides to run off, so I am definitely not going to go out of my way to track her down!

I know I should feel bad about that but, having been raised on a ranch, animals are either useful or they're expendable. Belligerent dogs are definitely not the former. :P
    Aren't leash laws pretty much universal now?
    Probably, but they wouldn't help for Rover who dug himself an escape from his fenced back yard to visit Daisy in the next town.

Or the rare cases of a dog running from an accident scene when the family gets in a crash in the car.

Or for most Husky's, Beagles, and all the other assorted hounds who would follow their nose right into a thrashing machine.. :sick:
    I guess I'm lucky. Ours uses my compost pile as a restroom and then comes right back in. He doesn't like being away from his family. :shades:
    Yup, I'd say you are lucky Juice. Gotta love a dog who knows where his meals originate.

Presently, and for many years I have not replaced my dog. I live in the sticks and have deer, foxes, raccoons, fishers and even bear in the front yard. (not the bears, I take measures to make their fr yard visits not on their list of priorities, but they come within 100').
    So it takes a very special pup to resist such temptations. Still, since I'm alone again, I do wonder if i should get one last pup. With luck we both might die around the same time.

Have you guys ever heard of a fisher attacking a dog? Even a tiny dog? They live to gut a cat, but I have never actually heard about a canine getting attacked. It is like they know that that little guy may be tiny and totally killable, but cuz it's canine they stay away. You guys may not even know what I'm talking about tho with a fisher? They are part of the wolverine/weasel family, but much smaller than a wolverine. They usually sit on a tree limb 12' up and attack from above. I keep an eye out when I am cutting firewood I tell ya..
    No, but maybe that's because I live in the suburbs and quit boy scouts after 6th grade.
  • KCRam@EdmundsKCRam@Edmunds Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,495
    ...please continue the Dog GPS conversation in the Subaru Crew Cafe

Thanks!
    kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host

KCRam - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Moderator

• I have a 2009 Forester XT Limited with Navigation with almost 30,000 miles on mine now. The lifetime fuel average is 19.5 mpg. It has been trouble free, very reliable, but the fuel economy for something that was driven 75% highway is a bit dismal.

I am really hoping the 2012 model gets a 5 speed automatic for better highway fuel economy. My lease on the Forester is up the end of September. I liked it, but Subaru really needs to improve the engine and transmission for the XT. This is basically the same mechanical set up that was introduced in 2003 (8 years ago). The only thing Subaru changed since then was the body and suspension for the XT models.
    They may do a CVT. But they have a 5EAT from the Outback/Tribeca, so you know it could handle the power.
1234568»