Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Subaru Legacy

Comments

• robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    Isn't it fun to love a new car?! :D

We're still breaking ours in so I 'had' to take a little drive today across town for some business...and, of course, I took the new car!

I agree that the interior of this car is sweet. Ours has the ivory leather with the charcoal carpets and it looks quite upscale. I smile when people comment on how expensive the car must have cost us......little do they know what a steal these Legacy's are... :)

Robert
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    That's hilarious.

Congrats.

The SE is a major bargain and the aftermarket leather puts it at a level where similar competitor pricing is probably $10 grand higher.
  • I know this isn't the future models section but I thought I'd mention what I heard yesterday.

Picked up my 09 Legacy SE and talking to the saleman he indicated that someone from the dealership was in Salt Lake City for a meeting and was given a preview of somekind (not sure if it was photos or just info).

The main item mentioned to me was that the car will be 2.5 inches wider. Not a surprise really considering that the current Legacy is somewhat narrower than the competition.

Salesman mentioned competing with camry, accord, altima. Let's hope that other than an increase in width and hopefully only a modest increase in length they don't emulate the competition. I think it's the competition that should be emulating them.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    The 2010 will be almost A6 sized but only weigh slightly more than the current model.

-mike
  • "Wow, our Forester is the same color, yet it just looks different on the Legacy. Isn't that funny? "

It might be due to me taking the pics on an overcast day with a throwaway camera. The color doesn't look right to me either in the pics.
  • Congratulations on your new Ltd.

I would have to agree with you that most folks aren't aware of just how nice a car the Legacy is. I live in a town of 125k people, and as far as I can see, I'm the only one with a Legacy made this century. I see plenty of Outbacks, Foresters, and a few Imprezas, but no Legacys to be seen anywhere.

Again, congrats on your new car. :)
  • Congrats to you as well.

I have pretty much the same sentiments towards my new Ltd. I actually sit and look at it sometimes, and smile. Yes, I'm wierd lol.
  • ahqahq Posts: 37
    Hi all,

I thought I'd provide a link to several pics of my 2009 Legacy 2.5i SE, which is painted in Seacrest Green Metallic. I've had it for just over six weeks now... what a ride, I must say! Although I'm not terribly enthused about the higher degree of fuel consumption (I upgraded from a 2002 Sentra GXE) and a minor dash rattle that has recently surfaced, the rest of my experience has been sheer bliss thus far.

Anyhow, I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting this link here... I know I've seen others post links to their pics in the past, so I'm assuming this will be acceptable. These photos were taken with my cellphone camera, so they're not of the highest quality, although I tried to clean them up a bit - hence the inflated file sizes.

Link: Pics of my car

Cheers! :)
  • I know its way too early to get a truly accurate mileage assessment on my SE (250 miles) but I took a small business trip yesterday (130 miles). Trip odometer had about 40 city miles on it at the time giving it a ratio of around 25% city and 75% highway driving. Bottom line is the trip computer registered just a tad less than 27mpg.

If those are the numbers at this early stage I'm anticipating some really great numbers down the road.
  • Nice color on your SE. Congrats on getting it too.

I knew before I bought subaru that it didn't get the fuel economy of many other sedans. I thought it would be a trade off though, as the subaru has excellent crash test results, high reliability, has near legendary status for being good in bad weather, not to mention it just looks good lol.

Where I live gas is $3.19 in most spots, $3.29 in others, so even though it's still high, it's not as bad as it has been.
  • jdljrjdljr Posts: 11
    I'm lovin my 09 Legacy 2.5i SE so far. Looks GREAT, rides GREAT. About 275 miles on it since picking it up a week ago. I got the quartz silver metallic and the spoiler, foglights, moonroof and splash guards just set it off. Haven't yet gone through a full tank of gas, but will be monitoring the mileage in the coming weeks/months. We're going out of town for vacation beginning tomorrow and, while I'd like to take the Subie on the road trip to the airport (125 miles), the Subie is staying at home! I don't want to risk leaving it at the aiport. Rather leave it safely at the house. :shades:
  • I was at my dealership today having the oil changed on my 01 Outback so I wandered around the lot. I LOVE the style of the Legacy. It is very sharp looking with a great design. Again, I reiterate, why did they get rid of the Wagon version?!?! :)
    Because the Outback outsold it even at a higher price.

We owned a Legacy wagon, but there just were not enough of us.
  • I just picked up my '09 Outback Saturday (returning to Subaru after 12 years of really bad car choices) and it rattles too; but the rattle is from my rear license plate frame not having bottom holes to fasten it and the bottom of the license to the car...other than that it's very quiet. :P
  • I took my new Legacy SE out to run an errand tonight. With the fall chill in the air I decided to turn on the heat. The car has the manual system. I simply turned the heat dial all the way up and turned on the fan. The AC button was deactivated.

Result? Nothing but cold air blowing through the vents. I'm wondering whether I may have missed something in the operation of the system or whether I may have a problem. The system is obviously very simple and presumably works just like any other manual system.

Just thought I'd ask if anyone knows of something I may have missed or whether
    I need to make my first service trip. I should point out that I've used the AC several times with perfectly normal results.

Thanks in advance.

Len
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Hmm could be a fuse for the heat not working, a friend with a manual system on his Nissan Frontier had that problem.

It is odd though.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • Taking it in tomorrow morning. Dealer was very cooperative and is providing a loaner.
  • cptpltcptplt Posts: 1,075
    I've done maybe a thousand highway miles this summer, cruising at 65 I was getting 32mpg calculated and displayed with 2 adults and 2 big teenagers! better than my 98 Legacy GT. doing my regular commute I;m getting 25mpg.
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    Let us know what the problem ends up being...I have an 09 LTD, so it has the auto system....but all I could think of is the valve in your system didn't open for some reason to allow the coolant to flow through....I have seen these frozen in the past; however, not on a new vehicle.
    I've had that on several cars.

Get some of that self-adhesive stuff you put on the bottom of chairs to protect floors. They are usually soft wool and would quiet that rattle down.