Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Subaru Legacy

1235»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I've had Subarus with and without the frame on the windows.

The frameless ones have thinner pillars so blind spots are smaller. The doors are also lighter.

OTOH, you slam the door with the window half way down and you hear a rattle that is normal but can sound cheap. It's also a little harder to seal the windows. Our 2002 Legacy had a wind noise in the driver's door, but our 1998 Forester was quiet.

I could go either way. Our 2009 Forester has frames and it's been a great vehicle overall.
  • Cheers, thanks for the info. I lean towards the wagon but She Who Must leans towards the Forester. Any guesses as to what we'll end up with? :D
    Sounds familiar.

Wifey had a 2002 Legacy wagon. Now she has a 2009 Forester.

We both like the Forester better, FWIW. She's MUCH happier now.
  • saedavesaedave Chicago, ILPosts: 685
    The Forester seems to have a better back seat spacing with foot room, is easier to park and has slightly better visibility. From riding as a passenger it seems roomier than my Outback wagon....and it also has a higher load height capability that would have held my new snow blower right side up instead of on its side. :)

However if pricing by you is like Chicago, left-over Outbacks might be $2000 less than the Forester.
    The outgoing Outback does have a longer cargo floor, though. That's the only thing my wife misses at times.

Overall she's much happier with the 09 Forester.
  • I appreciate the feedback. As I say, I suspect we'll end up with the Forester, which with two small kids still in booster seats may not be a bad thing, the added height makes a surprising difference when buckling them in.
  • jhdjhd Posts: 20
    Hi all.
    I am about to drive to the dealer to get new 2009 Legacy 2.5i. I test drove many different brands, opted out of Nissan CVT (2010 Subaru CVT as well), and decided on proven 4speed automatic. I am coming out of Olds Intrigue - good car if it wasn't for famous intake gasket, but it gave me many years of relatively trouble free driving.
    I did a lot of reading, Legacy looked like a good buy with latest incentives. I like the looks and 4 wheel drive - important here in Toronto area.
    Are there any particular areas to keep an eye on during first days/weeks of driving?
    Do you change oil after first 1k or keep driving to 6k (km) as schedule says?
    Cheers.
    jhd
    During your test drive do a figure-8 in an empty parking lot to make sure all the diffs and bearings are operating smoothly (I'd do that in *any* car). Test drive with the windows open and the radio off to listen for any odd noises.

Also, buy it in the sunlight, so any paint or body flaws are visible.

Best of luck!
  • My climate and audio controls in my 2007 Subaru Legacyused to flicker at times, too, and now they have gone completely blank. The heat and audio are still working, I just can't change channels or change the temperature. I checked and replaced all the fuses that could be linked to this problem and it still persists. Any suggestions?
1235»
This discussion has been closed.