Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

91 Trooper Requires AC repair/replacement

ggravesggraves Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Isuzu
I am about to purchase a 91 Trooper. Everything works good except for the AC. Since it is 1991, can the AC system be recharged? Or does it have to be upgraded?
·

Comments

• tryumphtryumph Posts: 2
    The a/c can still be recharged with the old-style Freon, but it's expensive, and you may have a hard time finding it (a shop has to do it). The stuff is no longer produced, but there are a LOT of existing and recycled sources, so it'll be around for a few more years.

I have an '89 Trooper that was professionally converted to the new r-134a and have been disappointed -- the air just isn't cold enough in hot, muggy weather (Washington, DC). I'm going to explore switching back to one of the other Freon alternatives (example: Freeze12 -- no endorsement implied) because the new stuff is so marginal.

regards,

Graham
    ·
  • poppa6poppa6 Posts: 1
    Wow - exactly the issue w/ my 99. DC area and I am recharging the system every summer. Can't find any leak. Would it make sense to replace the system and if so, with what?

Thanks for help.

Edd
    ·
This discussion has been closed.
91 Trooper Requires AC repair/replacement - Car Forums at Edmunds.com