Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes for 2009 Impreza?

Comments

• merrycynicmerrycynic Posts: 340
    If the hill won't come to the man, then man will go to the hill.

If you build it, they will come.

If...., oh you get the idea. ;)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    I don't know about the '09, but they make OEM mesh sport grilles for the '08.... can't imagine that they won't continue.. Mine was a port-installed option..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I'm not comfortable doing that. If the roles were reversed, I'm not sure I would appreciate it.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Understood. I just had to ask. ;)
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    New to the Subaru world?

02 had a margarine colored WRX
    03-04 had a bright yellow WRX

-mike
  • ok so they had a couple of years with yellow... that's the extent of their wild color pallet.
    Maybe people weren't buying them?

I took a look at the Audi A4 color pallette and it reminded me of the Foresters - 10 shades of white/black/gray and one single blue and red.

This may be what the public is asking for, I suppose.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    Just wondering if anyone has been able to confirm that ESC will be standard on all Imprezas for 2009, as reported by C/D? I've been looking at the 2008s because of the great leases, but really want ESC so I'd be willing to wait for the 2009s.
    Premium package Imprezas have stability control in 2008.. You probably knew that.. but, just in case.. FYI..

Odd colors usually have poor resale value. The previous yellow colors were IMHO, uh, less than pretty. While I doubt I'd purchase the copper color myself, in part due to the resale risk, and in part because I prefer other colors, I did find it handsome. I actually prefer the color palette of Subaru's other vehicles. For example, I really like the gray offered on the Tribeca. More importantly, perhaps Subaru should concern themselves more with the quality of their paint.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,682
    Yes, I knew that. I'd like a 2.5i with ESC without having to spring for the Premium Package. The base car is just fine for my needs, even the plastic wheel covers look decent; but ESC would be great. Especially if I could get one of those $199/month, 0 down leases on it. :)
    I ended up with the premium package, because it was the only manual-shift car at either dealer that I shopped.. It's not a bad value for $1500, if you assume the stability control is worth about $500 of it... But, I really like factory alloys. Six disc CD, upgraded speakers, fog lights.. audio controls on the steering wheel.. those were just a bonus.. So, it was worth it to me.. About $18/mo. for the whole package on my lease..

The same dealer is running a new ad, this week... The zero down, $199/mo. on the Impreza with auto, is now for 36 months..

But, they have a 24 month lease on the Legacy SE for $159/mo. with $999 due at signing... That is equivalent to the $199/mo. lease that they had on the Impreza last month.. Of course, they might not have any of those models in stock...lol

regards,
    kyfdx

Just FWIW, both our cars were keyed by a vandal, and Subaru's paint held up better than Toyota's. Our Sienna has deep scratches, while I was able to (mostly) buff out the key marks on our Forester.

:(
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    You ended up with an Impreza? How are you liking it? I know you had Bimmers in the past, so what's it like comparatively? How's the gas mileage? You opted for the straight 2.5?
    Well.. technically... the wife has had the Bimmers (her present one goes back in November)... I traded my '02 Honda CR-V..

Yeah.. I have the normally aspirated 2.5 Impreza.. 170 hp.. stick-shift I wouldn't really compare it to a Bimmer, except in interior room.. Very roomy for 4-people... I will say that the handling is way above any normal front-driver... with the stick and real AWD, it really tucks in the nose around corners... It doesn't have much of the understeer, that is typical in your basic FWD econobox..

26.1 and 26.6 mpg on my first two tanks.. It's only rated at 20/27, so I'm pretty pleased...

It seems like a strange choice, but they paid up big time for the CR-V, and I'm in a super-cheap 24 month lease on the Subie.. Needed to free up some cash for her new car.. She really wants an X3, but that remains to be seen...

I'm just happy to be back driving a manual-shift.. :)

You may be just a fatter rear sway bar away from complete eradication of that understeer.
    I'll just have to compensate with my superior driving abilities... :surprise:

I think of all sorts of cool things... but, this car is going back in 23.3 months.... so, I hope to not put anything into it but four service visits and some gas! :shades:

That's right, you leased...

I suppose a home-made moonroof with a sawzall is out of the question? :D
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Posts: 6,257
    Long delayed response...

Nice. I hope you enjoy it.
This discussion has been closed.