Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes for 2009 Impreza?

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,653
    It looks like if you want NAV and a manual tranny for '09 on either the Impreza or Forester, your only choices will be the WRX and WRX STI.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/impreza/impreza2009.html

Even more idiotic is that NAV is not available on the new (premium level!) Impreza 2.5 GT. The excuse I got is that, if offered, it would be priced too close to the Legacy. Really, really dumb move SOA. :(

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    First with VDC, now with NAV. :sick:

This is a cash cow. It should be a stand-alone option for every model.
  • Does anyone know when the '09 Sports will be hitting the dealerships? I'm holding out for the new model year and I'm eager to take possession!

Thanks,
    Mary
    '09 Sport? Do you mean the WRX or 2.5 GT? If so, they should be arriving soon.

Bob
  • robm2robm2 Posts: 53
    If you mean '09 Sport model, as in the Canadian 2.5i Sport model, they're already at some dealerships.
    I'm guessing he meant Outback Sport! :shades:

May take a while. Foreseter sales were up 73%. They sell at a higher price point. FHI has no incentive to rush the new Impreza here, when they already cannot meet demand for a vehicle with a higher profit margin that comes from the same assembly plant.

I'm sure they'll find a way, but they may trickle in at first, as the Forester is still going to get priority.
  • csdevcsdev Posts: 4
    WHEN are they going to get rid of those hideous clear ricer tail lamp covers on the hatchback???

Subaru, I'm ready to buy a WRX hatch as soon as you sell a mature looking version.

I was a big fan of the 07 WRX exterior. I am still lukewarm towards this 08-09 models exterior. It doesn't look like a sports sedan. It looks like an econo-box. I love the new interior and all of the other improvements. I wish Subaru would use the 07 for inspiration on a refresh of this current model, which is an excellent car otherwise.
  • Those tail lights are hideous., Subaru is not alone in this regard. Audi, once noted for their understated elegance is now using some pretty tacky LED's in their head lights. It's like some sort of weird fashion industry decision to make consumers purchase what is currently in style, no matter how awful the public really thinks about it. I can just imagine the cost of replacements! In my limited experience, Subaru's source for bulbs is providing an inferior product already. I seem to go through bulbs (and lets face it, somehow the price of these bulbs seems ridiculous) at an all too fast rate. Then again, I wouldn't buy or not buy a car based on the tail lights. I suggest you choose your colors carefully, so as not to bring too much attention to them.
  • csdevcsdev Posts: 4
    Yeah, either that or suck it up and get the sedan even though I love and prefer hatchbacks.

The Legacy looks fantastic and as far as styling goes is my favorite sedan at any price. My only gripe is with the proprietary/integrated stereo. I wish automakers would stick to DIN and double DIN head units so that it is easy to upgrade the electronics. That's important because the electronics improve rapidly and cars last so long relatively speaking. I shouldn't have to buy a new car just because I want the latest in dash nav system or bluetooth stereo, or whatever the latest feature is.

I know exactly what you mean with those Audi LED lights and I agree, they are very tacky. BMW and Audi both have gone in the wrong direction with their styling. They'd do better to spend the money on improving quality instead.
    I don't like clear tails, either, but if you get a silver color (or similar) it hides it pretty well.

And we all know Subaru loves silver/gray.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    For a small amount of money you can have them made red via a translucent covering. I've seen it done real classy and it fixes the issue.

Those who dislike the DRL LEDs on the Audis also should not they are also found on the Porsches....

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • Does anyone know if the 09 wrx has a center differential? I don't think it does. I wonder if the driving characteristics will be much different between the older model with the differential and the new WRXs.
    All 5MT Manual Cars produced by Subaru have a Viscous Center Differential splitting the torque approximately 50/50 between front and rear axles.

Since all 09 WRXs are 5MTs they do have a viscous center diffy as have all manual trans wrxs up to this point.

-mike
  • Thanks for the education.

What are 5MTs?

Also, would you say that generally speaking the all-wheel-drive system in a 09 WRX will be as good as the all-wheel-drive system in my 08 Legacy?

I don't want to unintentionally take a step backwards.

Thanks
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,979
    What are 5MTs?

5-speed manual transmission

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Are the differentials different in automatics vs. sticks?
    Yes the center differentials are different between Autos and Manuals. They are also different between different year/model automatics as well.

What do you have in your 08 Legacy? 5MT or 5EAT (5 Speed Electronically controlled Automatic Transmission) or 4EAT?

If you have an 08 Legacy w/5MT, then the center diffy is the same on the 5MT 09 WRX.

-mike
  • mamamia2mamamia2 Posts: 698
    We're in for a lease of an '09 Impreza 2.5i basic Hatchback. This car would be driven by a young woman, getting out of a lease of an '06 Civic sedan, which we all found to be a cute but underpowered and a bit noisy TOY.....

I need to make a quick decision, so really don't have the time to go over hundreds of messages, sorry.... I want to know what kind of issues this car have.... I already know the engine is a bit noisy (sporty car, I know), but other than that, being a revised model, and/or having AWD, are there any problems, recalls, or things to pay attention to?...

Thanks in advance!
    Nothing to worry about, other than gas mileage will be a bit less than the Civic's (larger engine and AWD). It's a great car. Enjoy it.

Bob
  • mamamia2mamamia2 Posts: 698
    The car we test-driven at the dealership had no automatic lights. When we shut off the engine with the lights left on there was a beep to warn us of the lights left on.

The car we actually got a week later, the same '09 hatchback (basic), just a different color, but it seems to have the Auto-Lights feature.... The lights shut off when the engine is off, and there is no warning beep..... Which, of course is very welcome here (I've been driving cars with automatic lights for years now...)....

I checked the manual and the window label, but there's no mention of Auto-Lights.....

?????
This discussion has been closed.