Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Cadillac trouble codes

kghiakghia Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Cadillac
I have dashboard error message display on 92
Eldorado, "Service Ride Control". I access trouble
codes using onboard computer and see 1039 or IO39
or similar. Does anybody know where I can get
listing of 92 Eldorado trouble codes. No other
error codes displayed. fyi Haynes doesn't publish
book on 92 Eldorado. Does any body know where air
compressor is? Thanks, Larry

Comments

• bobs5bobs5 Member Posts: 557
    This site has gm codes.
    http://www.batauto.com/main_nn4.html

Maybe do a search on the internet if this site doesn't help.
  • dcwlddcwld Member Posts: 4
    Does anyone no what it means when a spark plug burns white at the end and the car has a bad miss due to this...

I have a caddy STS with a 32 valve Northstar it had a bad mis. I replaced all the plugs and wires and the mis went away . 1000 miles later the miss came back. so I looked at the plug in the cylinder where the white one was and it was white too. I replaced it with a new one and the car ran a little better but it still misses like crazy...
    Any help out there..????
  • alcanalcan Member Posts: 2,550
    A white plug tip usually indicates a lean fuel mixture. Most likely cause is a defective injector. A really lean mixture also means eventual piston meltdown. Second thing might be coolant in the cylinder due to a leaking head gasket or cracked head (not likely). Any problems with coolant level going down?
  • dcwlddcwld Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the reply , As for the coolant I have not checked it yet. As for the injector I thought it might be that but when I changed the plugs and wires the first time around it fixed the problem.with the congestion in the cylinder.????
This discussion has been closed.