Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy TrailBlazer. Would you buy it again?

2»

Comments

• burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    I've owned an 02 since new and haven't had any major problems with it. To be truthful though I still like my 2000 Durango better. It uses more fuel, but then has a V8 engine and even though the TB has more HP the Durango has more "grunt" if you know what I mean. The seats in the Durango are much better, even after nearly 12 years. Neither of them has been completely trouble free, but your hearing from a person in the real world here that doesn't expect that.
  • Yes I would, I have an '03 with 261,000 km (163,125 miles) on it. It has every option known to man and nothing has ever gone wrong. Granted I have only owned it for 2 years, but have put around 20,000 miles on it and it runs like a top. Oh and did I mention 22-24 MPG and ability to haul 7 people and still a suitcase or two.
  • kdb11kdb11 Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 TB and I can tell you 100% I would never, EVER, purchase another one of these vehicles. I have had numerous problems with this car, all very costly; power windows, gas gauge, heating system, engine cooling system have all needed in depth repair or replacement. Maybe my car is just a lemon but I will never purchase another Chevy in my lifetime. Good luck.
  • dws2kdws2k Posts: 12
    I bought my 03 Trailblazer in 2006 with 70000 miles on it. I have not cracked 100000 miles on it and have had nothing but problems. The drive axle dropped on me after 2 years. That was over $4000 to repair. The transmission sounds like it's ready to go. The truck sounds like its in low gear when I take off. My front suspension is bad now also. It rattles as I drive down the road. I just had new tires put on. I need to get this checked out in the next couple weeks. Don't know how much that will cost to fix. I had a no start last month and took it to the dealer. I was told the battery was bad. I told them it was a bad battery. They told me to take it and replaced it on warranty. After coming home early from work out of town to replace the battery. The battery was tested at purchase location and tested to be ok. I took the battery to dealer and told them battery was ok. They called me the next day and said I had an after market alarm on the truck and removed it. This cost me $400 for them to remove an after market alarm. I found out they only had to unplug the alarm. I was ripped off. I had just purchased my daughter a 2012 Chevy at this dealer one month prior to this. That is sad. I will never purchase another Chevy in my lifetime.
  • Bought new has 140k now. Just did brakes and a new steering "rack", was leaking PS fluid-
    First major money I have spent on this in awhile, I am expecting 200k and wish they still built these if this blows up I'm liable to look for a used one. Tows my boat well, we use on weekends so not that much mileage gets put on now. I've had good luck with mine.
  • My entire family was dedicated gm people, and had many vehicles all with good results. I bought this one brand new in 04 and it was a great vehicle right up till the warranty ran out. Since then I've had nothing but problems with the TB. Transmission replaced at 40K, none of the gauges have worked in the last 3 years. Check engine light will come and go, several different mechanics have tried, none can find any problems but it will always come back on. Both front wheel bearings and tie rod ends twice each. And this takes the cake and is why you couldn't even give me a GM. The rear window fell out of the truck while it was parked in the driveway. That's bad, but ok, things happen, but it was the attitude of the local dealer that sealed the deal. So condescending and arrogant. Oh and now whenever I turn on the defroster the engine dies. This car doesn't even have 82K miles on it. I have to try and nurse this thing along for another year or so until my kid is out of college but then new car for me and it definitely not be a gm product. Don't ever buy one of these vehicles.
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    I would rate our 02 as just OK. We sold it last summer and replaced it with a Chrysler 200. At that time it had a couple niggling issues:
    It would intermittently run rough and lose power, a re-start would always clear it.
    The A/C system had a slow but reliable leak. I would have to recharge it every 5-6 months or so. Nobody could find the source of the leak.
    Some of the interior parts were showing wear, one of the compartments on the upper console were loose and were going to come off soon. It would have been a simple fix however.
    Brakes were all original which was a surprise.
    Otherwise it was OK, but never had the grunt that my 2000 Durango has. It had about 90K at the time of sale, actually it was traded in on the Chrysler. We took $4500 for it on trade. It needed tires at that time.
  • chyna24chyna24 Posts: 3
    My '05 Trailblazer was my first SUV purchased in '05

"Hello Christina my name is Sherrall and I have have several problems with my 2005 Chevy Trailblazer:

1. the gas gauge went out in 2010
    2. the car will stall at a stop light or drive through
    3. the oil gauge went out April 2012
    4. the truck is now idling low June 11, 2012
    5. the speedometer went out June 22, 2012

I've taken my car to the dealership on two different occasions and they have told me that as it relates to the car stalling, they have no idea what is causing it. As far as the gauges are concerned I would have to have the instrument cluster replaced and it would cost me approximately $800. I took it to another shop last week and they told me I need a new ENGINE! This is my only means of transportation and I can not afford to replace the engine and have the instrument cluster fixed and whatever else is wrong with it. I have read many posts regarding this same problem and I'm curious to why GM has not had a recall for this problem? It is extremely hard for people to support "American made" if we don't take care of our "OWN!" I would appreciate any help you can provide me with this matter.

Thank you in advance."

This was my original message sent to the GM CS last year and of course no help on rectifying the situation. Then 3 weeks ago my "trick", I mean truck started sputtering when I drive over 40mph. I just got it back from the dealer last Friday only to find out that I need:

1. valve covers and plugs
    2. fuel pump.

Really???!!! I just had to put another engine in the truck because I was running on 5 cylinders instead of 6!!!!!!! This was after the dealership could not figure out what was wrong and I got two other diagnoses in which both indicated a new engine. I spent several hundred dollars getting other things fixed that did not fix the stalling issue.

I am living off of a teacher's salary and I am in a dilemma of whether or not to purchase another vehicle. I actually wanted a Tahoe or Yukon Denali, but not at the expense of living to pay off a vehicle that will keep on digging in my empty pockets. Thanks, but NO THANKS!!!!
2»