Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Altima Hybrid Dash and Instrumentation Questions

pego99pego99 Posts: 5
edited May 10 in Nissan
This is not mentioned in the manual. I wonder what it is for?

Comments

• kalekale Posts: 15
    I have the exact Same Question. sometimes the light will go out and then come back again. what the heck is that For? :mad:
  • cephraimcephraim Posts: 31
    It is an "Ambiance Light" that comes on when your headlights are on.
    Lights up the shifter area.
    Put your hand down on the shifter at night and you'll feel all warm and cozy. ;-)
    Thank you. Is it part of the convenience package or the technology package? :) :)
    I own a Moto Razr V3 and altho the nissan phonebook has an option to download ALL contacts, i can only do one at a time which sucks to be honest. anyone has figured a way to download the entire contact list at once? :cry:
    Not sure. I have the technology package, though.
    Can't get to work with my LG Dare either.
  • rasldaslrasldasl Posts: 74
    It lights up when your phone is paired via Bluetooth.
    Nissan Bluetooth support website

The phone book download is not very well explained in the manual. Basically, it downloads your phone's address book the same way it would export to a SIM card. That is, only one number per entry. If you have multiple numbers for one contact they are split up into multiple entries in the downloaded address book. Then you have to copy them from the downloaded address book into the car's phone book. It saves you some typing of names and numbers but that is it. You still have to copy them one at a time and record a voice tag for each. If you want to edit the name you have to retype the whole thing and by that point all the effort you have saved yourself is typing the phone number. And if you want the person in your navigation address book that is a whole separate process that I don't believe can be done by importing from your phone because the phone (phonebook) and navigation (address book) have two totally separate directories.
    Oops. The first answer was right, it's ambient light that goes on when the headlights go on. I used to have a Sentra with Bluetooth and the pairing indicator light was in the exact same place.
This discussion has been closed.