Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Stratus Maintenance and Repair

2»

Comments

• foxyfoxyfoxyfoxy Posts: 2
    where can I get work shop manual for the 2.5Td engine
  • ileinilein Posts: 1
    I have Dodge Stratus 2.4L 1995. It can,t be started.There is a fuel and current (I change the battery )I have a sound whistle, lights, but my radio does not work.When I try to start it happen nothing.
    So what should the problem is.
  • i hve black sludge in my coolant resevoir, any ideas please help
  • 1997 Dodge Stratus w/2.4 non-turbo.

Bought this car and on the way home it got hot and would not restart. I have found water in the oil and oil in one of the cylinders. I have pulled the head and might see signs of a head gasket leak, but minor. What else causes LOTS of oil in the water and maybe 1 pint of oil in one cylinder?

Dean
    mail4dean@aol.com
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    Since this problem isn't specific to the Stratus, I suggest you try posting your question in our Answers section - i know a lot of mechanically-inclined members stop by there.
    http://answers.edmunds.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• timing belts!!! Why do they keep breaking? I have already put 5 on my car.
  • i have a 1997 dodge stratus and it has just started getting this annoying problem. When i drive somewhere and everytime i make a stop once my mph gets around 30 the car seems to jerk. it only happens when i break to that speed and when i accelerate it shifts gears perfectly. so i am not quite sure what the problem could be... if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it. thx- john
  • '04 Strat - 2.4 DOHC - approx 124k.

Water pump started puking water everywhere, so figured while we were replacing that might as well change the timing belt, etc. Got everything off ok, with a little elbow grease. Have new belt on, but can't get marks to line up. Got advice from a Master Mechanic to put belt on right side while tick marks are lined up, then clamp belt to upper gears so they won't slip while putting other things in line and taking slack out of belt.

Problem is, we have another 'somewhat back-yard' mechanic telling us our cams are out of synch with the crank. Zero clearance motor, so no room for error.....

Any thoughts or tips on getting this right?
  • I have a 2003 Dodge Stratus SXT. About a month ago I noticed the heater was blowing cold. I had been meaning to flush/fill the radiator for awhile, so I did that and the heat began working again.

About two weeks later, I noticed the heat stopped working again. I added more coolant to the system, and it began working again. Now I seem to be stuck in this pattern. Heat not working/add coolant/heat working again.

There are no noticeable leaks ANYWHERE, and I have replaced the radiator cap as well. No boiling sounds or other problems whatsoever.

Anybody have any idea what's going on? My mechanic suggests a pressure test. But I just don't know.

Thanks in advance.
2»