Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Flex Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,035
What did you pay for your Flex?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• Has anyone purchased the Ford Flex yet? I am looking for a bargaining point to begin my research. I have not seen many on the road in the Buffalo-NY area.
  • rgurtargurta Posts: 6
    I bought a 2009 FWD Flex SEL on July 11th and love it. I am getting 20.6 mpg. I bought it under the Ford employee purchase plan instead of buying a 2008 Saturn Outlook under the GM employee purchase plan. The Flex is better equipt and the drive out the door price was $4259 less than the Outlook. There were dealer installed options on it and I told the dealer that I would not pay for that or else he could order me one from the factory and not have the dealer install undercoating and interior and exterior coatings. I got the one the dealer had and he did not charge me for the options. My advice is to not price a Flex until the last week of the month and not to buy it on your first visit. The dealer will give you a better deal when the end of the month approaches because they want to increase monthly sales figures. Their floor plan or inventory financing by their lending institutions depends on it. Especially in this climate of soft auto sales. Also, you can save a bundle if you get your own financing. Check out the credit unions. The Flex is towable all four wheels down behind my motor home. The outside dimensions are almost the same as my Ford Freestyle but seems to be much roomier and the quality is excellent.
  • What was the msrp? And the Ford A/Z plan price? And if you had the other options you mentioned what were they. Did the dealer just wipe that off the price?

I have shopped a little bit and a $34,880 msrp. is brought down by about $2,700 with the A/Z plan. This seems to be negotiable to this price without ford pricing.

Still not seeing many on road!
  • wjtinatlwjtinatl Posts: 50
    Dealer in N Atlanta advertised 6000 off Limited, 5000 off SEL and 4000 off SE Flex. There may be some owner loyalty $$$ in there for current Ford product owners. Ford Direct shows this dealer with 16 in stock and they are a relatively small store.
  • From the intro

"The sticker says $42,080 but thanks to a sluggish economy, high gas prices and a highly competitive market (not to mention a silver tongue when it comes to bargaining), we wrote a check for $37,658 and left with a shiny new 2009 Ford Flex Limited."

Now, now, how about a more detailed description of this purchase experience?
  • What are the current residuals and interest rates on a 36 month lease for a loaded AWD limited? Also, incentives in zip 10801?
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter from a large local newspaper would like to speak to Ford Flex owners. If you own a Ford Flex, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime phone number by Thursday, October 2.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• Ford has bumped the rebate up to $3,000.
  • Also - there is a $2,000 rebate for those who are turning in a lease or have turned in a lease. The return lease can go back as far as July.
  • We are looking at getting a Ford Flex (not sure buy or lease.) I was told by a salesman that the new November cash rebates total $4250. I live in the Detroit Metro area and have access to X plan pricing and he basically said there won't be any negotiating. Any thoughts? I will post the numbers once I get them.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    I'd say given the way the cars are not selling on Ford lots, you'd probably do better negotiating then using the X-Plan, since X-plan pricing is just about the same as invoice cost and you should be able to get a Flex for under invoice before any rebates.
  • This car is absolutely amazing... Best car out there, hands down. I didn't even realize how great this vehicle was until after we got it home! We purchased our Flex from Galpin Ford, in North Hills, CA. Our salesman was actually one of the salesmen from across the street, at the Lincoln dealership, but we liked him so much when we were considering the Lincoln Navigator that we just decided to purchase the Flex through him (since Galpin owns both dealerships, it wasn't a problem). Let me tell you, I have NEVER had better service anywhere... EVER. They were outstanding and have a huge selection. Everything was top-notch and they really made us feel special throughout the whole process.

Anyway, here is what we paid:
    $41,222.90 Car & Accessories.
    $55.00 Doc Fee.
    $695.00 LoJack.
    $3043.04 Sales Tax.
    $3955.00 Pre-paid services, including oil changes and brakes & extended warranty: 72 mths, 100k miles bumper to bumper.
    $695.00 Gap Insurance.
    Total Cash Price: $49,665.94
    License Fees: $337.00
    Reg: $9.00
    Tire Fee: $8.75
    Total Fees: $345.75

Subtotal: $50,020.69
    Rebate: $395.00
    Down Payment: $5,000.00
    Financed: $44,625.69
    4.9% APR

$841.81/mth for 60 mths.

The Flex has everything... One DVD screen, not the headrest ones. Has the refrigerator. AWD. Vista roof. SYNC. Tow prep. Chrome wheels. Sterling grey with white roof. The pricing includes a service plan. We will not pay a thing for 6 years or 100k miles. Oil changes, scheduled maintenance, brakes, everything bumper-to-bumper will be covered free of charge. Also, LoJack and GAP insurance are included. I think I must be forgetting something, but I can't think of what! Oh, and we gave up the extra $1,000 rebate to receive the 4.9% apr.
  • The itmes below are being offered by the manufacturer, Ford. Has as anyone seen a dealer discounting from what the factory is offering? Or are the only discounts coming from the factory and the dealers are sitting back and collecting...

Plan A employee pricing starting at:

SE = 25,938 (MSRP = 28,295)
    SEL = 28,977 (MSRP = 32,070)
    LTD = 31,295 (MSRP = 34,705)

+ Rebates:

$1000 Cash to Customer
    start: 11/19/2008 end: 01/05/2009
    Restrictions $1000 Customer Retail Cash may not be combined with 0.00% - 6.90% APR.

$500 Cash to Customer
    start: 07/18/2008 end: 01/05/2009
    Restrictions College Bonus Cash is available to all full-time and part-time college students, recent college graduates, trade school graduates, or current graduate school students. Please see your dealer for details and additional requirements.

$750 Cash to Customer
    start: 10/01/2008 end: 01/05/2009
    Restrictions $750 Owner Loyalty Retail Bonus Cash is available to those who currently own or lease a 1995 or newer Sport Trac, Explorer, or Mountaineer. This offer cannot be used with leases or lease renewal.

$500 Cash to Customer
    start: 07/08/2008 end: 01/05/2009
    Restrictions Military Appreciation Bonus Cash is available to active military personnel (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard), National Guard, and Reservists who are residents of the United States. Retirees are not eligible-Note that Chrysler offers this to retirees)

$500 Cash to Customer
    start: 07/08/2008 end: 01/05/2009
    Restrictions Bonus Cash is available to members of the American Quarter Horse Association. Eligible customers must be a member of AQHA for at least 60 days. Please see your dealer for more details.
    Comments This offer can be combined with other public incentives but not with private offers (Military and College Bonus Programs).

Financing Start: 11/19/2008 End: 01/05/2009
    0.0% APR Term: 36 months
    3.9% APR Term: 48 months
    4.9% APR Term: 60 months
    6.9% APR Term: 72 months
    Restrictions $1000 Customer Retail Cash may not be combined with 0.00% - 6.90% APR.
  • bobw3bobw3 Posts: 2,997
    Forget the other stuff...You paid $41K for a Flex in this market??? I hope at least your extended warranty is zero deductable. Just seems a lot to spend for any Ford today.
  • It is zero deductible.... I thought it was a fair price. I am sure I didn't get the best price out of anyone who has purchased the same vehicle... But I wasn't trying to brag. I am not saying I got the best price or that I'm a super negotiator! This was a forum for prices paid and buying experience, so I posted mine.

Also, I want my car salesman to make profit... I don't want the amount of profit to be outrageous, but he was great and very helpful and I feel that he deserves to make money at his job, just like everyone else. The vehicle is worth what we paid, plus some.

Good luck.... And if you're still undecided, we truly love our new car, if that counts for anything!

K
  • golicgolic Posts: 714
    Anyone have any information on pricing of the Flex in the Chicago Market?

thanks,
  • I have been pricing the Flex every since it came out. Right now it seems you can get a FLEX SEL FWD for about $29000, To me that is more in line with what the prices should of started at. If they would of had these prices earlier when they first brought this vehicle out, you would see a lot more of them on the road.
  • Yep... And I also have a feeling the prices will only get better... Especially by the end of 2009.

I would have waited, myself, had I not NEEDED a new car... My old one was a lemon and I needed something to get around!
  • bjssbjss Posts: 51
    Agree on the pricing...reminds me of when the Chrylser Pacifica came out....prices came down substantially after the first year or two. Good car (test drove last week), however, could not stomach mid 30's (dealer has since called back and we are now in the high 20's - SEL FWD).....we shall see.....
  • samminsammin Posts: 39
    Hasn't the Pacifica been cancelled?

You should be able to get one real cheap.
  • Was going to test drive one yesterday except the weather had another idea. Thinking I will test drive one this week though. With the incentives and financing packages, I think it will be worth it. Although I know once I buy the 2009 version, the 2010 will come out with something that the 09 didn't have. Same thing happened when I bought the 06 Fusion, and then the 07 came out with some better standard equipment.
  • We are going to be test driving a 2009 Ford Flex AWD Limited today. I was just wondering what people are actually paying for this car Fully Loaded. We want these options:

-Heated Leather Seats
    -Navigation
    -DVD Player
    -Backup Camerca
    -AWD

The prices on the dealers sites are about $41,000 with some saying $39,000. Do you think we could get them lower? Mid $30,000? Maybe like $34,000 to $35,000?

Oh and we are in WA Stat :)

Thanks everyone!
  • JTOJTO Posts: 28
    I swung by the Ford dealer in Woodbury NJ, and had a look at the Flex. My current car is a Scion Xb... sort of a mini Flex. Anyway, other then the shape, they have little in common!

My question is: does anyone have good/bad things to say about this dealership? After 15 minutes of looking at several vehicles no one 'approached' me. Maybe they were closed, but it seemed odd in this economy and weather.
  • anonymousanonymous Posts: 314
    Was at a dealer in the Seattle area. They had four Flexes on the lot, with varying options/trims. All of them were marked $10K over list. A Flex for $50K? No thanks.
  • I am seeing a few low mileage used vehicles showing up on the internet. However, the prices are not much different than what I see the new vehicles listed for. Anyone have any idea what to offer for a low model used SEL or Limited. I know that there will be some deviation here based off of mileage, options, etc. but I was wondering if these should be priced similar to the Taurus X or are they holding their value a little better.
  • ajaysajays Posts: 2
    Silicon Valley/San Jose/Sunnyvale

Jan/23 Black/silver LTD AWD (stone interior) with nav, entertainment, vista roof and tow options, higher $37K out of the door. Did not need the tow but car had it, could have shaved another 500-600 off it otherwise! Think dealer still made money off the deal. But then thats the best I could find here. Others checked in @ $35.5K - $36K range.

Hate the shape, love it inside. Ford cut weird corners - put on heated side mirrors but cut on auto dimming them, duh!
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    A reporter would like to talk with owners of the Ford Flex. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by March 18, 2009 noting your daytime contact info and a word about why you bought your Flex.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• madmantamadmanta Posts: 1
    I have a quote for $600 over invoice (not including any incentives) for a LTD. Basic LTD, no additions. Do people think at some point in the next few months prices will start to come under invoice? When the 2010s come out?

Thanks
  • perrin75perrin75 Posts: 7
    For those who are interested I recently purchased a '09 Cinammon LTD from Cloninger Ford in North Carolina for 10K off the MSRP. This price included $3,000 in Ford Rebates and $1,000 for Owning the car of a competitor.

They still have two on their website that are around 9K off the MSRP. Easy dealership to work with. I did everything over the phone, they picked me up from the airport in Charlotte and was on the road in my new car in about an hour.

I live in the Columbus area and no one could come within 3K of their price, so it was worth the price of an airline ticket and the time to drive it home for me.
  • madlockmadlock Posts: 39
    Wow. That's amazing. The closest I could figure for the LTD was an invoice price of about $35,500. Even with the $3,000 rebate and a $1K conquer incentive, the price is still about $1,500 below that. It looks like they're even willing to give-up their hold back to unload it.