Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Flex Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ttwebttweb Posts: 17
    I have put 1700 miles on in one week. Love it!
    And yes it is a Limited. The Nav was a maybe for me but a must for her. It is a very good Nav. And having all the other functions (climate, radio, etc.) available via the touch screen is nice as well.
  • drewkcdrewkc Posts: 2
    Just curious, at 6'6" do you find the driver's footrest to be uncomfortable? I'm 6'4" with a 33" inseam and I find it really limits the legroom and makes it very difficult to extend or reposition your left leg on longer trips. I also wish the driver's seat went back an inch or two farther. However, it is my wife's everyday vehicle and it fits her great! But if I was my everyday car, the driver's side footrest/legroom would have probably been a dealbreaker. Otherwise, I've been very pleased with our new 2010 Flex SEL and am very comfortable riding in the passenger's seat.
    Good question on leg room. I thought the dead pedal might be problematic (36" inseam) but after 1800miles on mine, I seam to be doing fine. When I put it on cruise control I move my foot off the dead pedal and find space near or under the brake pedal. I also find taking my shoes off helps tremendously (assuming the feet are fairly freshly bathed. LOL.). I wouldn't mind if I could get another inch or two of seat movement but it doesn't feel critical.
    And really my choices for 3 row seating in my size are pretty limited. The Flex won out over the CX-9 (passenger seat comfort and narrower width), the Honda Odyssey Marginal leg room, no passenger leg room, and uncomfortable seat after 100 miles), the Suburban/Yukon XL (best leg room, but seats that didn't hold you in place). All other minivans are much worse for legroom.
  • acdiiacdii Posts: 753
    This would be my only little gripe on the Flex. It could use a little more room between the brake and dead pedal, so you can stretch the legs out a bit. Considering the seating is upright, and not reclined like in a car, it isn't that big of a deal, I took a couple hour drive and found it comfortable enough for a long trip, but having just a little more room would have made it perfect.
  • drewkcdrewkc Posts: 2
    The dead pedal in the Flex just seems a bit larger and deeper than what I've experienced in other cars. I guess it's a convenient feature for average size drivers, but somewhat intrusive for taller people, IMO. Like you, though, I’ve adapted on longer drives by removing my shoes and placing by left foot to the right of the footrest or under the brake. But if I’m wearing boots or bulky shoes, it’s hard for me to find a comfortable position. I have a bum left knee, so the dead pedal is probably more of an annoyance to me than other drivers...

Did you get into a Traverse when you were shopping vehicles? I thought it was sufficiently roomy, but my wife and I weren't impressed with styling and felt the Flex offered much more bang for the buck.
    I did try the GM triplets. The front headrests did a great job of pressing against the base of my neck. Very annoying. The leg room was good. My wife was not impressed with fit and finish. The second row was not very suitable for adults. Sat too low and the headrests did not raise and lower and thus pressed against my upper back. I was raised in a GM family so it wasn't a bias against. Just too many things that didn't work.
    Yes the Flex's headrests lean forward, just not as far and don't make contact. That's a good thing Ford, if you are listening.
  • tslbmwtslbmw Posts: 166
    Just thought I'd share the details of my purchase:

2010 Flex SEL 2WD w/Conv Pkg, Vista Roof & White Tri Coat paint
    MSRP $36,915
    Invoice $34,160
    Paid invoice minus $2500 rebate or $31,660 + tax (3% Va), tag & title
    OTD was $32,888
    Put $1500 down @ financed $31,388 @ 3.9 for 60 months. $530 per month

Picking up the car tomorrow.
    They made money on the holdback and I felt like I was getting a good deal. No trade in involved.

Hope this helps anyone buying a Flex. :)
    Good Deal!
    Thanks! I'm pretty excited to pick it up and again, was very happy with the deal. They had to go to NJ to get it cuz I wanted the White Tri Coat paint with the charcoal leather...which for some reason was hard to come by...most had the stone leather...but we thought our kids would really mark that up with their shoes/food/etc.

We sold our 07 Honda Odyssey outright and my wife can't wait to get into a car she actually thinks is good looking...:)
    The Stone does dirt up easily, but I choose it anyway only due to the black absorbing more heat in the summer. My Sport has black seats, and they do get hot. It just means I have to clean them more.
    The Stone interior really looks good in the Flex...and we almost pulled the trigger on it anyway with the thought that we'd just have to clean it a lot. But in the end, with a 7, 5 & 2 year old, we'd be fighting a losing battle.
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Posts: 70
    edited April 2010
    my wife can't wait to get into a car she actually thinks is good looking..

As they said in Latin "Degustibus non est disputandum" (which is as close as I can get without looking it up!)

When I was checking out new rides for my boss, her exact quote was "What the h&ll is that!!??"

I realized I wouldn't be getting her a Flex, no matter how much I liked it. She was coming out of a 2006 Odyssey.
    Well it is kinda hard to go from an Egg to a Box! :)
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,218
    Maybe egg to a carton would be a better analogy. :D
    Nope, its a box, one of the boxiest boxes on the road, surpassing the XB boxes. Mine is a Cinnabox.
    HA! The "boxiness" is exactly what my wife loves. Her last car (before the 07 Ody) was an 05 Element...which she loved....and before that...a Trooper...and before that....a two door white 98 Jeep Cherokee...can you spot the trend. ;)
  • gigirn15gigirn15 Posts: 1
    These are out-the-door prices for a 2010 Flex SEL with Vista Roof and FWD
    33,569 (Rapid Spec 206A, Tow, FWD Steel Blue, Vista), 33,963(Rapid Spec 206A, Tow, FWD Sterling Grey, 33,832 (Rapid Spec 206A, Tow, FWD Steel Blue, Vista) 35,995 (Cinn Metallic, Rapid Spec 207A, Vista, Two TOne Roof)

I have an additional $750 coupon from Ford. Suggestions. All my offers have been refused by each dealer. I've offered 32,350 OTD. I live in NJ so sales tax is 7% (ouch!)
    I bought a 2010 SEL Ecoboost, with 40/40 split, two tone, for 36K. it has the park assist, but not the tow or Vista roof. MSRP on it was 42K.
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,023
    A reporter wants to talk with recent buyers of a 6+ seat vehicle in the Detroit area. Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 4, 2010 and be sure to include your phone number and the vehicle model you own.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• dvegadvoldvegadvol Posts: 5
    I used the Costco Auto Program and got a great deal. No haggling, no usual dealer runaround. If you're not a Costco member, Overstock.com has a program. I haven't used it, but friends have and they were happy. If that doesn't appeal, if you can wait until the end of the month, head over to the dealer and try again. There are a lot of cars on dealer lots near me and they're paying vig to hold them. At the end of the month you might get enough leverage if they are trying to meet their sales target...