Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Diamante Tires and Wheels

My 97 came with Michelin Energy tires. They developed cracks at about 35000 miles (7 years) so I replaced them with Falken ZIEX512 s. Highly recommended by Consumer Reports.
These tires sing like snow tires and look like they are going to wear out at 35-40 thousand.
Anybody have a suggestion for a next tire choice?

Comments

• Try taking a look at the reviews at tirerack.com

Also, I've had very good experiences with BF Goodrich tires. They're reasonably priced and are of good quality IMO.

good luck
  • Hey you people, what's the biggest/fattest 16" tire you have installed on stock rims and stock "backspacing" I.E. no spacers???
  • gregsavetgregsavet Posts: 8
    I have been looking for some new rims and tires I want to put atleast 20's on it cause am upgrading every website I go too says that they will not fit. My cousin has universal lug 20' s on his caddy I tested it they fit no rubbing has anyone else upgraded to larger rims? If so what size did you go too.
  • capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 797
    You can be reasonably sure that if 20" wheels would fit, the retailers would be all over this - lots of money to be made.

I suspect there are interference problems and they occur under extreme suspension compression - something the average guy wouldn't know how to check for.