Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Volkswagen Jetta

2»

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    What do you all think of the new front end on the Jetta, or at least what is going to be the new front end? I think it looks okay! I am not sure either way right now. It looks more casual now. The Jetta I think holds its own luxury type look and feel for a car of its kind. It looks more casual now. I'll give it a chance.

I was totally hoping for the VW CC to have a 5th seat, because I would get that car. Its a car of size that I would like.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Posts: 3,855
    Kinda bizarre that the Jetta has 5 seat belts and the CC only 4. :confuse:
  • the hesitation is the DSG transmission, sometimes it feels like it goes clunk, but every article I have read said this is normal. it just gets some getting used to. I have over 15K on mine and sometimes it feels weird, but you get used to it. The real issue is sometimes when you put it in reverse it jumps back real quick....hope this helps.
  • the clicking noise you hear is a relay problem. take it to the dealer and have them look at it. My delaer said it was a relay but you need two people in the car, one to drive and one to find out which relay is clicking before he can fix it. i have to bring it back in next week to fix it. He said it's not a safety issue, so no worries there, but it is annoying. Hope this helps. Alex
    the 2.5 does not have a DSG transmission
  • I'm having the same relay clicking in my 2009 Jetta TDI -- how exactly does the passenger determine which relay is the culprit while driving? It seems to be coming from somewhere inside the steering column...thanks for any advice!
  • My 09 VW Jetta has been nothing but problems since I got it last year, when it's cold it slips in rev. While im driving their is accelertion heasitation, and some times the car just shifts into netural and all the lights on the dash flash. (if this were to happen when I pulled out into traffic id be dead). I'm aware of the recalls on the dsg trans which states all the excact symptoms im having and they claim to have made the nessary repairs to correct the issue. I have had it into two different VW dealers and the mechanic at one of them stated the trans was slipping bad in rev when the car is cold but later when I was called to pick up the car the manager claimed his mechanic was mistaken I just needed to let the car warm up for 15min befor driving it. And they say everything else is fine yet they never really drive the car more than a few miles.
    "let the car warm up for 15 minutes" :surprise:

That is ridiculous! Did they actually say minutes, not seconds?

I'm pretty sure the owner's manual does not indicate that this is the way the car is to be operated. Maybe contact VW and tell them your dealer is claiming that the car needs to warm up for 15 minutes in order to operate properly and see if they agree that this is required for normal operation.
  • bpeeblesbpeebles Posts: 4,085
    edited May 2010
    Methinks you misunderstand.... the 15 minutes of warmup means to DRIVE GENTLY until the engine is up to operating temp.... this is normal for ANY automobile.

Simply idling an engine to "warm it up" has been proven to cause premature engine wear..... besides, A TDI diesel would have to idle for a lot longer than 15 minutes to get warm because it is soooo effficent.

Heck....in the winter, my fully-warmed-up TDI will actually start to COOL OFF if I let it idle. (the temp. needle will move back down to the cold indication) The trade-off for nearly 60 MPG is no heat in the winter.
  • whitneymswhitneyms Posts: 1
    Has anyone had problems with their 2009 jetta tdi fuel pumps? Mine has totally disenegrated and according to the dealership my whole fuel system will have to be replaced due to metal shards in it. I had no warning signs of a problem, it just quit in the middle of the road.
    edited May 2010
    15 minutes would be my entire commute! Seems excessive to me, I think a minute or two (or a mile or two) is a more common recommendation.

http://www.cartalk.com/content/columns/Archive/2008/January/04.html

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1101499

The poster did state that the dealer said to "let the car warm up for 15min befor driving it".
2»