Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 MDX Connector under dash

javaprojavapro Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Acura
I recently leased a 2008 MDX base. While cleaning around, I noticed a loose connector under the dash on the driver's side. There is a plastic black cover right under the dashboard below the streering wheel. It has a big yellow light and small blue one. Right under that cover on the left side, I see a multipin female connector not connected to anything. Is that normal?
·

Comments

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 43,863
    Sounds like the OBD-II diagnostic connector. I think most of them have 16 pins

Moderator - Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

·
  • javaprojavapro Posts: 4
    No, the 16-pin OBD-II diagnostic connector is all the way on the right. The one in question is on the left side under the black plastic cover - it's smaller then 16 pins.
    ·
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 43,863
    No idea then. You might be able to trace the wiring with a repair manual. Some free links are floating around out there:

Online Repair Manuals

Or maybe another owner knows?

Moderator - Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

·
  • You may want to post your question at this link and see what they know.

http://www.freeautomechanic.com/wiringdiagrams.html
    ·
This discussion has been closed.
2008 MDX Connector under dash - Car Forums at Edmunds.com