Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac G8 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,193
edited July 9 in Pontiac
Tell us about buying your new G8!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• ix007ix007 Posts: 23
    There isn't a forum for pricing or leasing on Pontiac G8's, so I figured I would post here. Does anyone know the current MF, residual and dealer cash for a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT? I have to assume these are not moving exceptionally well in this market, so hopefully Pontiac is aggressive especially on 2008's . Thanks for the help
  • circlewcirclew Posts: 8,401
    I found this for you.

link title

$521/month...no deal for me!

Regards,
    OW
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    May be back on my G8 kick, the price at $27-28k out the door with tax for the GT is just hard to beat, even with a used E500 4-matic.

I'll change my mind a few more times before I buy something though.

-mike
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,582
    " $27-28k out the door with tax for the GT"

Where & exactly how did you negotiate that deal?

With base MSRP ( 2008 ) of $30K for a G8 GT & tax generally in the 6% range -
    well, I am impressed!
    Thanks,
    - Ray
    Still thinking 2009 - at more $$s....
    I'm basing that on Invoice price, and with them literally stacking up at dealers here in NJ, and gas holding at $4.00/gal, I figure sometime around Dec 26th, the dealers will let em go real cheap to get em off the books at year end combined with RWD in the winter...

I'd never pay anywhere near MSRP for these cars!

-mike
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,582
    Aha - I see.
    I mis-understood...
    Sorry.
    Recalced, with incentives, etc. no more than 27.5k full loaded (Sport, Premium, Roof) at the end of the year. So figure about $29k with tax.

-mike
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,193
    Ask your Pontiac G8 lease questions here.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• circlewcirclew Posts: 8,401
    Keep us posted...my dealer has more G8 's on the lot that are not moving as fast as the first few they got.

Could be worth it for my next ride if that price is delivered!

Regards,
    OW
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    Yep, they are piling up on the lots. They'll have to do something. Not now, but later.

Also, keep in mind that the new Dodge Challenger is out, and if you look on ebay, they have literally 3 pages of them. Talk about an amazing car as well, but with the economy, they as well have introduced at a bad time. Though, I think the Challenger will get even worse mileage. It will impact sales.
  • Just picked up a 09 GT Sunroof & prem package Leasing was not an option
    Gm had a 60mtg & 72mth buy 4.9% & 5.9%
    We paid invoice minus 1K Gm card $ 2,5K Dealier incentives total 3.5K under Invoice Excellent deal Great Car
    Nice, where are you located?

I think I'll be picking up an 09 G8 GXP next year due to the 6MT option and Brembos.

-mike
  • don129don129 Posts: 5
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

$32,295 MSRP

Paid:
    29,806 GMS Pricing
    -8,150 Trade (2004 Grand Prix GTP/CompG,43k Miles)... Galves Value is $8,425
    -1,598 GM Card Earnings
    +1,759 NY Sales tax
    $21,817 OTD

I'm gonna miss my HUD
    Which options did you have? Premium + Sport + Roof?

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • don129don129 Posts: 5
    Mike... options are premium, roof & all season tires
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi ix007. forget about leasing a G8. At least for now, General Motors has basically pulled the plug on leasing. If you really want to lease a G8, you would have to do so through an independent bank, if one was willing to step up to the plate. The only incentives that GM is running on the G8 right now are is an unattractive 6.9%-7.9% special financing offer and of course its Employee Discount for Everyone promotion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • podpod Posts: 176
    Advertised at $25,595 pre-tax. Is this a good deal or will waiting yeild a better bargain as G8s stack up in the lots? I doubt there is very much difference between the 2008 and 2009 versions since it was introduced so recently. This is not the GTX, which is a 2009 offering. What is the site's wisdom about future pricing for the 2008 G8?
    Those that are looking for a G8, you might consider buying used, because they are literally thousands less, and yes, they have the V8's in them. It does make me wonder about resale value though. But, it could be the current economy.
    Upon futher reading I discovered tha the $25.5 employee price was for the G8 sedan which features a six cylinder engine. I did not understand the difference when I originally posted. The G8-GT is the 8 cylinder version and costs about 29K via employee pricing. My bad.
    Values on the G8 are plummeting. Mostly sitting at my dealer.
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,941
    how do you know that, bvdj84.
    also, please provide numbers for the value before and after the plummet?
    is the plummet any more or less than any 2008 vehicle that has sat on the lot for a couple months? thanks...
  • josswjossw Posts: 9
    Here in SoCal the 08 G8 GTs are piling up in the dealer's lots. Typical GM - right car at the wrong time. The new 0% APR offer is so much better than employee pricing offer (which had 5.9% APR). I just had a friend get an 08 G8 GT for $27,500 with 0% APR. Just wait until November. $25K???
    Exactly! You don't have to look hard to get a loaded G8 with a V8 for way under sticker. Look on Ebay, some G8's have been sitting, and the price continues to go down. I have seen $25k for a G8, with a few 1k miles on them. Or for about $28k give or take, you can get a V8. Though the G8 is a nice car, it still depreciates fast along with its name. Not to mention the bad timing. They have a couple rows of G8's here. Its disappointing you pay that much, and then you drive it off the lot, and its price already dropped substantially. But, it is partially the economy. They new Challenger is not moving to well either. Most people are not thinking V8 right now, or even a V6.
  • holdenguyholdenguy Posts: 145
    Check my post in the main G8 thread as to why prices are dropping.
    Look on ebay, You can get a loaded G8 for $24k!! Why buy new!?
  • can some one please tell me what would be a good price to buy a g8?

Under invoice? At invoice? Also what are the rebates I am not any kind of supplier.
  • They are all over the place.

If GM gets rid of Pontiac, expect them to go much lower.
    Just walked out of 2 dealers. Here in the NY area they are not dropping below the red-tag price of $30k on a loaded G8GT. Just too much for the car IMO.

Dealers are gonna be stuck with these cars or just wait for the suckers.

-mike
    You would be better off buying a used G8 on Ebay or elsewhere. Because they are substantially less, thousands less than MSRP. They have a few miles on them, but can be loaded with what you want. Paying new for a G8 or a GM car now would be not advised. The issue is, that your car's true value will be substantially lower than the price of the car. Much lower, so you are so upside down before you even drive off the lot. It is assumed that is the case for all cars, in there depreciation, but with current conditions of GM and the economy, this car, being the G8 is in a bad position right now. Being new would be a very bad use of your money. You would not be able to sell the car and get out from owing money still. Its too bad.

Another issue, The Red Tag Event- Is they take the savings off the MSRP, when they need to take the savings off the sale price that is achieved, because most cars are not sold for MSRP. So if you consider all of this, there is no substantial amount of savings being adjusted for the deal. The savings is minimal.
    For instance, a car that is $28k, then has a sale price of $26, then the savings should be taken off the sale price. Because otherwise they aren't doing anything out of the ordinary. No one buys MSRP, if they do, then its a rare or very new car. Even then, market and conditions determine if this can be done. Right now, NO.

Just think a used G8 with a few miles, already broken in, the first owner took the first hit in depreciation, sounds like a good deal, I do see the market getting better, and with that, comes with values getting stronger.
    :)
    A pontiac ad (national ad not local) in the Boston Herald offers $2500 off after the red tag price for a final price of $26,588. This is for the GT not the 6 cylinder G8,
This discussion has been closed.