Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Doesn't Make Parts For 2002 Frontier

frye1frye1 Member Posts: 4
edited April 2014 in Nissan
My 2002 Frontier has a bad gas tank. I bought this truck in 2005 with 23,000 miles from my local Nissan dealer. It now has 64,000 miles and needs a new fuel tank because of rust. I found this out when I took it in for brakes $307.00 muffler $505.00 and too diagnose the check engine light. Nissan doesnt make the fuel tank anymore nor does anyone else. I still owe $14,000.00 and cant inspect my truck. I have contacted Nissan USA and they were supposed to contact me back within 24 hours its been 4 days and I have called them everyday and they keep telling me that the regonial manager will call me but nothing as of yet. THANKS FOR NOTHING NISSAN

Comments

• Options
    moparbadmoparbad Member Posts: 3,870
    Radex of Keene NH has a fuel tank for your Frontier for $150.
    www.car-part.com has over 14 pages of gas tanks available for 2002 Frontier.

You are blaming Nissan and you can fix this situation yourself.

Instead of calling Nissan everyday just get a tank and have your truck repaired.
  • Options
    Moparbad just send me the cash for the gas to get there and back also for the gas tank and labor. And tell me why I should pay for a defective product Nissan is gone to start making them in september and they are willing to pay for the tank and labor. Remember the scweaky wheel gets the grease. For anyone else out there who feels they have a defective car part that they shouldn't pay for contact the U.S. Department of Transportation, Office of Defect Investigation 1-888-327-4236 this is how recalls are started. Thanks for the web site that could of been helpful but your last two smart [non-permissible content removed] comments were not so try keeping those to your self next time
  • Options
    Thanks for the web site that could of been helpful but your last two smart [non-permissible content removed] comments were not so try keeping those to your self next time

You hurt my feelings.......
  • Options
    Too Bad. You need to grow up. I also checked out the web site and it is for used auto parts and these tanks are defective too.I bought one from central salvage for $110.00 and the truck was also an 02 with 33,000 miles and it had the same rust on it and also leaked. They gave me my money back. So get your facts straight and stop trolling the internet and giving people crap. Dont reply unless it is to apologize!
  • Options
    New OEM tanks are available $246.98 for the 2.4L engine model and $279.72 for the 3.3L engine model frontier. Shipping is about $30 for ground shipping.

Both used and new tanks are available. Used tanks are a viable option and are typically what is used on a 5 year old truck.
  • Options
    frontier4frontier4 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier with the same problem and Nissan refuses to pay for the new tank. It only has 87,000 miles and the check engine light has been coming on since 46,000 miles. They have always told me at the dealership to tighten my gas cap, well apparently that wasn't the true issue. Did anybody get anywhere with Nissan on this problem?
  • Options
    They started making the tanks for a 2002 I dont know about 2001 and I got them to pay for everything but I was very presistant and let them koow I eas just laid off and I would spend all my free time out infront of thier dealership with sign's letting people know about their quality and service. In a nice manner :mad: It did take 6 month's becuase they had to get a manufacture to make them and I bought my truck pre-certified and still owe 11,000.00 on it and couldn't get it inspected. I also called the (national dept. of transportation- office of defects invetigation) with enough complants they will start a recall. Good Luck, Keith
This discussion has been closed.