Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PZEV Considerations

2»

Comments

• Yes, I only use 87 octane.

I called Subaru Corporate Customer Service. Waste of time. The customer service person said all they do when an owner calls with service, operation, mechanical concerns is for Subaru to call the dealer's service manager. I made an appointment for next week to bring it in so that not only can the service writer drive with me but also the service manager.

Subaru apparently doesn't have a system for logging problems, they rely on the local dealers.
  • From what I understand you may not have a choice about PZEV depending on where you live. Here in the more populated areas of the North East they only sell PZEVs now.
  • p0926p0926 Posts: 4,423
    I called Subaru Corporate Customer Service. Waste of time.
    Subaru apparently doesn't have a system for logging problems, they rely on the local dealers.

Actually, your issue was logged (as are all calls). Subaru (like all manufacturers) wants to resolve any problem at the lowest level, hence the reason they referred you to the local dealer. However, if the dealer is unable to resolve your problem, it will be escalated to the district/regional level and then finally to corporate if necessary.

-Frank
  • I'm a little confused about the PZEV cars. I know NJ only makes PZEV cars, but if I decide to purchase out of state, do I HAVE to buy a car that's PZEV if I'm registering it in NJ?

Thanks for the help - my internet research has not been helpful!
  • bigfrank3bigfrank3 Posts: 426
    Here in Mass. we also have PZEV certification, and I can tell you that you cannot get a non-PZEV vehicle registered in this state. We have had the Calif. emission certification for a number of years and this has been true for every brand. Early on you had the option of bringing the vehicle up to Mass. standards but this would be too complex and cost prohibitive nowadays.

If you check with one of your emission testing facilities I bet it is the same in NJ.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I saw that, too. Very timely.
  • Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I'm in NJ and asked the Subaru dealer about the PZEV warranty and he said "Warranty? There's no warranty for that." I knew there was one but just didn't know if it was applicable in NJ until now.

Now, if only the dealers had any clue....
2»
This discussion has been closed.