Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles

1181920212224»

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 40,876
    CPO is a car that comes with an extended warranty. The rest is just marketing.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• fezofezo Manahawkin, NJPosts: 10,236
    Yeah, that's pretty much it. I've got my first one - a 2013 Mazda 5. No complaints.

I just looked. This topic dates back to 1998. I didn't think there was anything on the boards here that dates back that far!
    2013 Mazda 5 Grand Touring, 2010 Toyota Prius IV. 2007 Toyota Camry XLE, 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999 Mazda Miata
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 49,788
    YOU date back that far don't you?

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Oh, yes. 1996 or 97. But everybody got a later start date when they changed off of Well Engaged. There's several of us that go back that far.
    2013 Mazda 5 Grand Touring, 2010 Toyota Prius IV. 2007 Toyota Camry XLE, 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999 Mazda Miata
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 18,765
    Yep, we lost all of our seniority and benefits when that happened along with two weeks of vacation.

Wow...hard to believe I started here almost 20 years ago!
    Yep. We're gettin' old....
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 24,127
    fezo said:
    Yep. We're gettin' old....
     Speak for yourself… 

2013 Hyundai Elantra GT / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Need help navigating? michaell@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 49,788
    I'm gettin' old for sure but I just finished climbing Mt. Dana in Yosemite so the carcass is still twitchin' some.....

too old to certify! :'(

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 18,765
    I never climbed Mt. Dana but I did attend Dana Jr. High. Does that count?

Too bad we can't turn back our age odometers.

" Doctor, can I get clocked?"
  • kyfdx said:

CPO is a car that comes with an extended warranty. The rest is just marketing.

While I don't disagree with you, but dealer only keep/CPO the best cars their receive or buy at auction.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 3,349
    I can definitely see buying a certified pre-owned Audi, BMW or MB as I'm sure they replace and inspect a fair amount of stuff in order to get the certification. And maybe I'm wrong here but think most folks who own these nicer vehicles would take care of them better than someone driving a beater especially since many already have the services paid for already. Feeling more positive buying these kind of vehicles and will probably do just that if I don't end up with wife's A3 somewhere down the line. I am watching very carefully the way she's taking care of it as I've already let her know that whatever the dealer would offer her on trade, I'd match with my Golf and cash. I like the A3 that much and in reality, if I had wanted to spend that extra cash, I would have but I feel like I've got almost the same thing with my Golf.
    If not, the 1 Series is really just the perfect size for me and having a coupe would be fun. Very rarely do we have folks in the back seat since when the kids and their significant others come home, they usually do the driving. We are into the "downsizing" mode now as we are getting older. We donated/threw out a lot of stuff a couple of weeks ago though there is more to do. Tired of housing needless stuff we no longer need or want as it is time to purge. Had that moment a few weeks back that it's time to try and live a simpler life with less stuff. Was amazed at what crap I found in my closet and drawers that was just plain garbage. The feeling of seeing a cleaner closet and emptish drawers is a great feeling and makes me want to get rid of more stuff.

The Sandman :) B)

2015 Audi A3 (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1) / 2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)