Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Genesis Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• asamiasami Posts: 1
    Which dealer did you get this deal from? It is a very sweet deal
  • solomon7solomon7 Posts: 1
    Can you share which dealer you used? I am shopping the same car for my wife now.
  • opsychoopsycho Posts: 1
    well, reading all of these horrific experiences [reminiscent of the 1970s] has clearly helped me to make up my mind ... i am going to stick with lexus and get a new es350...they are the same price, the lexus offers front wheel drive which is great in the snow and, most importantly, the risk of dealer-abuse is vastly less...
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,735
    HAS ANY ONE GONE TO BRAD BENSON OF NEW JERSEY TO BUY A GENSIS. I ALWAYS HERE THERE STUPID AD'S ON THE RADIO ABOUT 25% OF DEALER POSTED MSRP. THERE HAS TO BE A CATCH. IF YOU CALL THEY WILL TELL YOU TO COME DOWN FOR PRICING THEY DONT QUOTE ON THE PHONE OR INTERNET.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• fair2usfair2us Posts: 26
    edited September 2012
    As of September 16, 2012, I found a 2011 Genesis 3.8 with 31,125 miles going for $19,991 = TTL and a doc fee of $129.
  • fair2usfair2us Posts: 26
    I just wanted to clear up what I wrote about the 2011 Genesis 3.8 on 09.16.12. The $19,991 was the price of the Genesis. TTL and the doc fee were extra.
  • LASHAWNLASHAWN Posts: 303
    Ok folks I'm finally ready to buy my Genesis. What is the best deal I can get on one? I saw one dealer not too far from me that has the exact one I want and they're selling it for $33,900.
    where do you live ? 33,900 was that a 12 or 13 model what was in car and what was dealerships name

Bob Dance Hyundai in Sanford, FL. I live in Savannah, GA. I just purchased my Genesis 3.8 Prem/Tech Package today from Hilton Head Hyundai in Hardeeville, SC. Paid $38k for 2012 model which came with Hyundai extended warranty. So far the only thing I don't like about he car is I can't play the music on my HTC EVO 4G through the car without finding a compatible cable.
    Bought a cable I can play music from my phone through the car's AUX outlet.
  • jlindhjlindh Posts: 282
    Bought a new titanium 4.6 today from Hanlees Hilltop Hyundai in Richmond CA. Paid $36,250 including the doc fee, iPod cable, upgrade to the V5 GPS map and trunk mat. Very happy with the car, dealership and salesman. The customer incentives on the 2012's seem to have disappeared for December. I don't know if the dealers currently have an incentive or not.

We were originally looking for a V6 for about $1K less, but the Ms didn't like the sound of the engine on the V6's we drove. Don't know if it's the solid lifters or the GDI engine, but the V6 sounds like it needs a valve adjustment to me. The 4.6 has a non-GDI engine with hydraulic lifters so the engine purrs.
    jlindh, your 4.6 was it a 2013 Did your genesis have the tech pck, and premium pck in the car.. I'm deciding on either the 2013 Geny,or the Honda Accord both cars looks very simular. Accord has better Tech features with heads up display on windshield, lane warning system and a lane detection system with camera's on outside mirriors, and better gas mpg..Did rcieve 1 internet quote for a 2013 3.8 loaded for $39,159 without dest fee, any doc fee's or taxes. I'm sure if i decide to buy the genesis i could get the price down to $38,400. any thoughts.. In the fall of 2014 the new redisigned genesis will be out and probaly will have a 8 spped trany and upgraded Tech features . I'm also reading that Hyundia will upgrade the suspension to improve its ride to compete more with BMW , Audi, etc.. I really dont want to wait another year to buy new . So maybe for 12k less i"ll pick up a Accord and wait i see how the Genesis fares with there upgrades.. ANY Thoughts.................. Bian

I'm also hearing the 2014 genesis will be all wheel drive. Rear wheel sucks here in the North East.

Brian, there IS NO 2013 4.6 V8, mine is a 2012. All the V8's have the premium and technology packages including the lane departure warning system plus wood trim steering wheel, lighted door sill plates and a lower chrome strip on the body. All the '12s have the 8 speed tranny but do not have the Blue Link subscription service option. That's no loss to me as I'm no fan of additional payments to activate all the features of my cars. The 2014 Genesis may have an OPTION for all-wheel drive.

We also seriously looked at the 2013 Accord EX-L V6 with navigation for about 29.5K. That would have been about $6750 less for a heck of a lot less car. I did like the blind spot mirror on the right side and the Pandora app. If there's a HUD on the Accord, I'm not aware of it.
    edited December 2012
    Thanks, i think for over 10k less the Accord is the better buy all around . than a 2013 genesis. I dont need 400 horse pw. been there done those cars . Next year when Hyundia upgrades there Suspension, goes to All wheel drive, a 10 spd trans and upgrading there tech features i will take a better look. the 2013 Accord will hurt Genesis sales this year for sure. Right now i think for 55k the 2013 Audi A6 is the best car for the money. Ride performance and features. The Genesis is a great buy for the buck. Needs updating but still not in that class of Bmw,,Audi, Lexus....................................... Good luck enjoy your new ride

The 2013 Honda Accord will not hurt Genesis sales because they are not in the same category. Accord is in the midsize game and the Genesis is in the entry luxury large car game, 2 totally different animals my friend.
    edited December 2012
    lashawn your missing my point . For 10k less the 2013 Accord and the 3.8 Genesis are Same look, Interior space, Hp Genesis has 333 to 290 edge, gas better in Accord. Accord better safety features, Until Hyundia upates there suspension, and rear wheel drive me personally...feel for 29k for Interior space and updated features I'll keep that extra cash in my pocket. The Accord even upgraded the stereo, But defiantly not as good as Hyundia's radio.

Read up on the 2014 Kia Cadenza Its comming out this month. this car will have all the updates and features that re design 2014 geny will be getting that i spoke of in above post. The aging Genesis hopefully will once again set the standard next year for best luxury entry level car with upgrades. Until then lets wait and see........ merry X-mas

The Accord EX-L Nav is only about 5.5K less in actual prices paid compared to the V6. I paid $36,250 for my new 4.6 V8. The Genesis is rear wheel drive which makes a big difference to some of us.

I stand by my statement that while the Accord is a nice car, the Genesis is a lot more car.
    your correct a 2013 genesis 3.8 without the premium and tech package is about 4k less.. with those 2 packages its 39.5 k plus taxes. So my point being if i get a Genesis without upgrades... What separates the genesis from the accord ?.... little bit more hp and a louder radio. without the 2 mention packages the Genesis has nothing to offer compared to a much lesser Accord..Just giving out the facts. You purchased a 2012 end of year Genesis. On Jan 1 2013 your car will know be a 1 yr old model and book wise its depreciated about $ 3k. thats why you got a great deal. you cant compare your loaded 4.6 to a simple Accord. The Aging Genesis is no longer the best bang for the buck until they upgrade several key area's that i had addressed in my prior post..

Hopefully, you're not paying retail price for your cars. So why compare retail prices? A Tech package Genesis can be had for $35,000 in the real world. Likewise, a EX-L Navigation Accord can be had for about $29,500. My 4.6 Genesis was $36,250 new.

The '13 Accord has some very nice tech updates, no doubt. I'd rather have one than a '13 Accura TL for that reason. And yes, the new Accord does have some great tech that the '12 Genesis lacks, but a car is more than just fancy gizmos. Hence, my assertion that the Genesis is a lot more car. Drive them both on the same day, the difference is obvious.
  • retryretry Posts: 1
    Putchased a new 2012 Genesis Tech V6 (Twilight Blue/Cashmere) yesterday. Included the mud guards, sunroof deflector, and complete Wing badge kit. Paid $33,950 before TT&L. The dealer was Homer Skelton Hyundai, Olive Branch, MS. They also had a 2012 Gray/Black Tech V6 for the same price. No more black interiors for me living this far south. The sales experience went fine except I've got to take it back in for an XM issue (no signal). It was a 95 mile drive home from the dealer. No remorse so far. The heavy metal flake Blue Pearl paint is absolutely stunning in the sunlight.
    I purchased my 2012 Genesis V6 with Prem/Tech including mudflaps, sunroof deflector and complete wing kit for $36k after tttl on Dec. 1st. I got the Platinum Silver w/saddle interior, and has been a dream to drive. Purchased from Hilton Head Hyundai in Hardeeville, SC and the sales experience was excellent.
  • What was your price before tax - can you please post the breakdown?
  • I just upgraded my 2008 Azera Limited with 175k to a red 2010 4.6 /Tech Pkg with 35k. I got it for $22,500 which I thought was a great deal. It also came with mud flaps and the sun roof wind deflector. The Azera was the best car I have ever owned, so it was an easy decision to upgrade to a Genesis. The feature that I have enjoyed the most is the smart cruise control. I hardly ever used cruise control on my Azera even though I drive a lot on the highway, so it surprised me how much I have used the adaptive cruise control.
    Soon as I get a moment and get my paperwork, I'll post them.
  • robribasrobribas Posts: 3
    on the other post, people were saying these two don't compare at all, but for me, i just prefer the accord.
    1. mpg. I got near 40 mpg on the highway to LA from Phoenix this week on the accord, I would have been hard pressed to beat 25 on my 2010 4.6 genesis.
    2. folding rear seat. I had to change with my gf honda civic every time I wanted to carry anything long. Ridiculous that the gennie seat doesn't fold down.
    3. feel of the drive. the honda just feels tighter, while the gennie performed admirably, it floated way too much on bumps, and felt too much like a big car... just not my cup o tea. The new accord drives more or less like a smaller car: tighter, feels more responsive.
    4. tech. the honda KILLS the genesis in tech. my phone pandora auto streams to the cars audio. the doors unlock when i reach for them, ditto the trunk. This is especially handy as yo uapproach the car with a big load of groceries in your hand, or your dog on a lease. the 3 views on backup camera, especially the wide view are a blessing when backing out of a space next to an SUV. collision avoidance alarm is a nice plus too. To me, the genesis radar guided cruise control needed too much monitoring to really use much, it would hit the breaks when I would have just let the car cutting in front of me pull away...
    5. I was going to need tires, and 19's were going to be pricey.
    6. 200 less to insure a year for the new honda.
    7. possible serious value drop when the newer model comes out later this year...
    what I will miss?
    1. cooled driver seat.
    2. Nav. the map was nice to look at, though address entry couldn't have sucked worse if they tried. I had quit using it to look up addresses or stores, instead using my google phone which actually worked. but it was handy to see upcoming steet names.
    3. the car looked awesone. everybody thought it was a bently, since i had it badged.
    I agree with you. the New Accord is a better buy. I would think after hyundai upgrades the outdated Genesis with new tech features and a 8 speed trans plus some upgrading inside car it will be back on top for best entry luxury bang for the buck.

I also choose the 2013 Accord exl v-6 over the genesis for alot of reasons you mentioned.

You and everyone else is right, they don't compare. These are 2 different classes of vehicles, Honda(midsize FWD) and Genesis(large size RWD). Besides, if really think about it, you traded your Genesis for another Genesis. To me they both look alike, every time I see a 13 Accord I think I'm looking at an 09-11 Genesis until I get closer to it.
    If the hyundai makes the 2014 genesis awd and goes to the 8 spd trans with some minor improvement in the tech/ and interior dept it will be a no brainer to buy/ lease. i just hope they dont ruin the shape when they redesign or freshening up this model.

i bought the 13 accord exl v-6 but i would upgrade to the 2014 genesis if they could improve the outdated model . Genesis is still a great car imho. The Audi A/ S 6 is the car to buy right. Its the total package. I also loved the A7 what a sharp car/ suv.

• The 2013 Audi A6 is very nice, but from a price standpoint they don't compare. The 5 year cost of ownership of a similarly equipped A6 (according to Intellichoice) is approximately $20,000 higher than the Genesis. Add that to the $10,000+ higher purchase price for a similarly equipped A6, and you're looking at a $30,000 plus difference between the two over 5 years.