Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Chevrolet Impala

2»

Comments

• I am having the same issue and when traction light comes on, my reducing power warning comes on too and then my check engine light.
  • I am having two problems with my 2009 Impala need some help please. First is the service traction control with reduced engine power loss, Second Clicking noise passenger dash board side that starts clicking then gets louder then cuts off after a few minutes. What can be done. Is there simple repairs that i can do myself. Awaiting for advice
  • I have a 2009 Impala that has done the same thing to me twice. I believe the code is 2122APP when put on the scope. My mechanic says that it has to do with the throttle sensor going bad. There are two of these linked to the throttle. This is something that should be covered under warranty.

Both times that it happened to me it was when I was trying to use my remote start. Hope this helps!
  • p100p100 Posts: 1,116
    Are you sure this is the radiator and not the A/C condenser, which is in front of the radiator? Sometimes flying gravel will punch a hole int he A/C condenser and if the condenser has to be replaced, you will also need receiver/dryer, and get the A/C recharged. The cost you mentioned is way too high for replacing just the radiator, which should be in $ 300 range. You can also buy genuine GM parts from gmpartsdirect.com and have your mechanic install them or do it yourself. there are also good aftermarket radiators available for around $ 200 for your car.
  • I've noticed that some of the other messages on here are mentioning something similar. I'm very frustrated with this car after purchasing it a few months ago. It will die once every couple weeks, no codes, no sign it is about to die and start right back up. I've taken it back to the dealership several times but, they say they don't know what the problem is. Initially it made a huge jerk, almost like a hiccup, and I took it back for them to look at. They've adjusted the air intake, and some of the wiring but, still don't believe it's fixed. Because it's not throwing a code they say they can't do anything about it....
    Please Help! :cry:
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    09impalapain,
    Have you worked with Customer Assistance on this already? If we can look into this with you, please email us the following information: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have sent you the email concerning this, the car died again on the past weekend and I am arranging with the dealership to drop it off again to see if they can figure out what the problem is. Again, this is VERY frustrating.
  • My 2009 Impala with 38K easy miles was last driven for an hour or two, then parked in the driveway over night. The following day, it did not even turn over (the starter does not engage). All I hear is a single click when I turn the key. Then a light with an an image of an engine comes on the dashboard, followed by a check traction control message. I was very impressed with the car up to this point, having had no problems with it. Why has the car, which was in such good shape, suddenly died?
  • We're sorry that your otherwise faithful Impala decided not to start on Saturday morning. Have you been able to get it diagnosed since that point? If we can check into anything further for you, please don't hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 of your VIN, and the name of your dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Phatch or anyone else i was wondering do anyone hear a popping noise in their dashboard, i have a 2009 Impala and this just started and i was wondering do anybody know what the problem is?
  • IT COULD BE A DOOR IN THE HEAT & A/C DUCTS
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,113
    marb1999,

Looks like you're already getting some feedback on this. Let us know if you decide to work with a dealership to get this checked into at all as we're available to work with you through that process.

• kaycee24kaycee24 Posts: 1
    Good to know I'm not the only person experiencing this issue. Yesterday I got a flat tire on the way to work on my drive side front tire. When I pulled over to look at the tire and got back in my car was ticking loudly in my dash. It lasts bout a minute non-stop when I turn the car on or flip the a/c switch. But then this morning when I walked up to get in it was already ticking before I even touched it. If anyone knows if this is an issue I can fix alone or take somewhere please let me know.
    Thanks
    kaycee24,
    Let us know if you decide to go and get this checked into at a dealership as we're available to work with you through that process. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
  • did you ever get this issue figured out. my 09 impala is doing the same thing. sometimes when my car dies and I start it up again my tac doors not work.
  • my Impala will randomly die. sometimes it will start right up. other times it will not and I have to wait a few minutes. sometimes when the AC is on the fan will slow down right before it dies. sometimes the tac will quit working. this is totally random when it happens. the mechanics could not figure it out nor duplicate what I had told them. my car is not showing any check engine codes. when it dies It feels like all electrical power is gone. my car has the 3.5 liter in it.
  • ken1951ken1951 Posts: 1
    Did anyone determine if this can be fixed by the individual or did you take it to the dealer? We have the loud ticking/tapping noise in our Impala. It is an intermittent problem.
  • I purchased a 2009 Chevrolet Impala new in Feb 2009. I service it regularly with lube/oil change, tire rotations, etc. Each visit, they are supposed to be doing a multi point vehicle inspection. In July of 2009, the GM certified service did a complimentary alignment check--all was supposedly okay. In November of 2011 (with just 26,000 miles); they told me the tires were worn from the car being out of alignment! I had to buy 4 new tires plus something called a CAM BOLT KIT along with rear atrut bolts. I was told at that time that "these Impalas have alignment issues". I wasn't told on any previous visits that I needed to have the alignment checked (it was check 2 years prior).

As part of my regular maintenance, I got the fuel/air induction service done in March of 2013 with 38000 miles on the car. In July of 2013, I started having issues with the car being hard to start on a warm start. I took the car back in for service in August 2013 to look at the starting problem--and they told me that all the fuel injectors had to be replaced. Again they told me "these Impalas have problems with that". I also had the transmission fluid flushed on this visit in August 2013 at 43,000 miles. After the fuel injectors were replaced and the tran fluid flushed, I was driving the car home from the shop--then it started having problems with the engine losing power and became inoperable. I turned it off and turned it back on and drove okay--but then had the same scenario a couple of days later. Took the car back to the shop and had the same problem with engine losing power on the way BACK OUT to the shop. Car is currently back in shop to determine problem and how to fix AGAIN.

This car is only 4 years old and only has 43,000 miles on it. I should not be having these issues--the last of which is a major safety concern. It seems the car cannot be serviced or fixed correctly by the GM AUTHORIZED SERVICE center. This car has serious issues.

My spouse bought a Toyota van the week before I bought mine, and he has had no issues. I will NEVER buy a GM vehicle again (have bought them my entire life as a loyal GM customer). There are too many repairs and too many problems. My car only gets driven about 10,000 miles per year and is well maintained. If this car cannot run properly--then this Impala is indeed a substandard car.
    Hi pianoplayer,

I am very sorry that these vehicle issues have caused you to feel this way. If you haven't already spoken with GM Customer Service about this situation, I would like the chance to look more into this for you. Please email me your name, VIN, dealership, and contact info to socialmedia@gm.com [attn Amber]. I look forward to hearing your response.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • kaycee24: I had the same issue. I just dealt with it for a whole winter season, then it went away on its own.
  • I have a 2009 Chevy Impala SS with the 5.3L engine. I have been very pleased with the performance. We purchased it 3 years ago and it always used a little oil during the 5000 mile period. Prior to the last oil change notification (90,000), the check engine light came on and it was over 2 quarts low. There is no evidence of oil leaking or burning. I have scheduled it for service check. The dealer service person said it would be covered under warranty. I hope I don't get a song and dance after the check saying it is not. I see that there have been oil loss issues with the smaller engines. Has anyone else with the 5.3L had the same issue and had it repaired?
  • No sorry, I kept taking it back to the dealership until finally they traded it back in for a Chevy malibu which hasn't given me any problems. If you recently bought a black Chevy Impala 2009 from Berglund Chevy it may be mine. :( I don't believe the mechanics or sales manager ever truly believed there was a problem.
  • Just received a call from the dealer on my issue. They said that the oil change notice actually covers 7500 miles and not 5000. They also said that the oil change is required every 3000. They stated that due to the extended use of the oil caused the 2 1/2 quarts of oil loss. I asked what changed from all the previous oil changes that caused the increase use. They had no answer. Said it would cost more to investigate the problem. I said that is why i took it into them. I didn't need to take it into them to get their opinion of length of oil change. I feel I will get the run around like everyone else.
  • myimpalassmyimpalass Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I also have a 2009 Impala SS, love the car but just recently, the last two oil changes, it has been using oil. I have the car serviced regularly, oil changed every 3000 miles or 3 months which ever comes first. The car only has 77000 miles, going to dealership after work today, hope everything works out.
  • On my 2009 Impala, the dealer finally found that the design of an inner engine seal had been changed by the manufacturer to fix the oil use problem. They changed that seal on mine and we are now under a oil consumption watch. This was all cover by warranty. Waiting on the first 5000 mile check since the fix to see if it has improved.
2»