Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Chevrolet Impala

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,005
    Hello Klanning2,
    Because you have been to the dealership multiple times I would have to have an agent look at your concern further. They do require that you take the vehicle in to be diagnosed. I will need you to e-mail me your contact information, VIN, current mileage, dealership and best time to contact you in order to set up a case. You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • TThe problem that was fixed was the check engine light turning on and the jerking motion. The problem was the sensor that is down by the accellarator it was faulty and they replaced it. since there has been no problem
  • I have a 2009 Chevy Impala LT that says flexfuel my question is their a problem with mixing reguklar unleaded and E85 gas. my car is flexfuel however do we fill it up with only one or the other or can we mix it?
    txshldm,
    You can mix the E85 and gasoline. I would definitely recommend looking into the owners manual to read more on your FlexFuel engine.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • troy27troy27 Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 impala and when i turn right it will make a grinding sound and my traction light will flash then go off it only does it when i turn right and it does not do it all the time really only if i have came to a complete stop and trying to turn right has anyone else had this type of problem?
  • rjp92rjp92 Posts: 4
    I had the same problem with my 2004 impala - it turned out that the wheel bearing / ABS sensor in one of the front wheel went bad. Hope this helps.
    Have you had the chance to take the vehicle to your local dealership? Please keep me posted if the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • I have the same problem - as do many others - I googled it. So, this is the solution - sort of ... if you take a paperclip - lift the headrest, on one of the round plastic holders there is a little hole - shove the paper clip in there to release it, lower the head rest and then raise it all the way up (works better with 2 people) and it will come out - the problem is finding a replacement - I tried a headrest from a 2007 Chevy Silverado - which fit and was about a 1/2 inch or so further back - but my problem is I have the 2009 Impala LTZ and the leather didnt match... I am replying to this in the hopes that a GM Rep will reply and tell us where to get replacements so that the interior matches? Apparently 2006 Silverado headrest also works - I also tried a headrest from a 2005 impala and the bars are too far apart - so I think that maybe Chevy (or GM?) any model car would possibly work for swapping out the headrest - maybe 2006 was the year that they changed the spacing of the bars? Good luck, if you find where to get replacements - please let me know!!! We have a trip from Michigan to Florida this week and I know my neck is going to die in this car if I cant find something to swap them out with! I actually refuse to drive this car because of this problem - it overshadows everything - otherwise very nice car - well maybe a couple other gripes... I also had the sensor problem it was something to do with the a bad selinoid and caused the check engine light to come on - then the remote start doesnt work if the check engine light is on - took that to the dealer and got it fixed - and wow drivers side BLIND SPOTS are insane on this car! I got it because I had had a 2004 impala which I loved... basically idk what they were thinking when they redesigned this impala they ruined it - for the rattle in the console & cup holders - i went to the dollar store and got some cushy kitchen drawer liner and cut it to fit - problem solved there. Thanks! Lady Tamara.
  • linda00linda00 Posts: 3
    I am having the same problem with my 2010 Impala. The service traction control light comes on and immediately the check engine light comes on too and messages say service traction control and reduced engine power. I too have taken the car in and they can't find the problem. The traction control light will go off after tuning off the car and restarting it, but the engine light will stay on for a day or so and then all of a sudden it will be off the next time the car is started. Am frustrated! This was a lease car that was bought with 44,000 miles on it and I find it hard to believe this issue only started after I bought it but nothing was mentioned on the car fax.
  • We have a 2009 Chevy Imp and were told that the radiator has a hole/leak. Were also told that because we bought the car used from a GM dealer there was nothing they could do and would cost between $550 and $750 to fix. Has anyone else had a problem with the radiator. They should last longer then 2-3 years. We have only had the car little over a year and no accidents or front end problems to cause a hole in the radiator
  • I am having the same issue and when traction light comes on, my reducing power warning comes on too and then my check engine light.
  • I am having two problems with my 2009 Impala need some help please. First is the service traction control with reduced engine power loss, Second Clicking noise passenger dash board side that starts clicking then gets louder then cuts off after a few minutes. What can be done. Is there simple repairs that i can do myself. Awaiting for advice
  • I have a 2009 Impala that has done the same thing to me twice. I believe the code is 2122APP when put on the scope. My mechanic says that it has to do with the throttle sensor going bad. There are two of these linked to the throttle. This is something that should be covered under warranty.

Both times that it happened to me it was when I was trying to use my remote start. Hope this helps!
  • p100p100 Posts: 1,116
    Are you sure this is the radiator and not the A/C condenser, which is in front of the radiator? Sometimes flying gravel will punch a hole int he A/C condenser and if the condenser has to be replaced, you will also need receiver/dryer, and get the A/C recharged. The cost you mentioned is way too high for replacing just the radiator, which should be in $ 300 range. You can also buy genuine GM parts from gmpartsdirect.com and have your mechanic install them or do it yourself. there are also good aftermarket radiators available for around $ 200 for your car.
  • I've noticed that some of the other messages on here are mentioning something similar. I'm very frustrated with this car after purchasing it a few months ago. It will die once every couple weeks, no codes, no sign it is about to die and start right back up. I've taken it back to the dealership several times but, they say they don't know what the problem is. Initially it made a huge jerk, almost like a hiccup, and I took it back for them to look at. They've adjusted the air intake, and some of the wiring but, still don't believe it's fixed. Because it's not throwing a code they say they can't do anything about it....
    Please Help! :cry:
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    09impalapain,
    Have you worked with Customer Assistance on this already? If we can look into this with you, please email us the following information: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have sent you the email concerning this, the car died again on the past weekend and I am arranging with the dealership to drop it off again to see if they can figure out what the problem is. Again, this is VERY frustrating.
  • My 2009 Impala with 38K easy miles was last driven for an hour or two, then parked in the driveway over night. The following day, it did not even turn over (the starter does not engage). All I hear is a single click when I turn the key. Then a light with an an image of an engine comes on the dashboard, followed by a check traction control message. I was very impressed with the car up to this point, having had no problems with it. Why has the car, which was in such good shape, suddenly died?
  • We're sorry that your otherwise faithful Impala decided not to start on Saturday morning. Have you been able to get it diagnosed since that point? If we can check into anything further for you, please don't hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, the last 8 of your VIN, and the name of your dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Phatch or anyone else i was wondering do anyone hear a popping noise in their dashboard, i have a 2009 Impala and this just started and i was wondering do anybody know what the problem is?