Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007/2008 Tahoe & Suburban Recall

rockman59rockman59 Member Posts: 250
edited October 2014 in Chevrolet
WASHINGTON — General Motors said Friday it was recalling 944,000 vehicles because of a problem with a windshield-wiper fluid system that could lead to a fire.

More than 850,000 sport-utility vehicles, trucks and passenger cars in the United States and nearly 100,000 vehicles in Canada, Mexico and the Middle East are involved in the recall, the company said.

GM said it includes the 2008 Buick Enclave, 2006-08 Buick Lucerne, 2006-08 Cadillac DTS, 2007-08 Cadillac Escalade, 2007-08 Cadillac Escalade ESV, 2007-08 Cadillac Escalade EXT, 2007-08 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Tahoe and Suburban, 2007-08 GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon and Yukon XL, 2006-08 Hummer H2 and 2007-08 Saturn Outlook.

The recall involves vehicles with a heated washer-fluid system. A short-circuit could cause electrical features to malfunction, which could lead to an odor, smoke or potentially a fire.

GM spokeswoman Carolyn Markey said there have been nine reports of fires and three have been linked to the system. There have been no accidents or injuries, she said.

Dealers will fix the problem for free, GM said.

Comments

• thartmanthartman Member Posts: 1
    I bought this truck new. At 20000 miles the transmission went out and was rebuilt buy the dealer. I have about 65000 on it now and when you start out it feels like the transmission is slipping or the rear end has slack in it. When you start from a stopped position it makes a couple of jerking motion like it has slak in the rear end. I also bought an EXM radio player that plugs into the dash. In the last couple of weeks when it is turned on I get a high pitch wine noise. I am sure it has somthing to do with the ignition. Has anybody had any of these problems. Help. I do know it has a 100000 on the drive train and will be taking it back to my dealer. I have not notice any of the white smoke as of yet. This is a 4X4 also.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Give Chevy Suburban Transmission Problems a try!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • screwedbychevyscrewedbychevy Member Posts: 1
    While driving down the highway, my airbags suddenly deployed. Amazingly I did not get into an accident before or after though I did swerve into the other lane. Thankfully no one was in the other lane and I was able to slowly move to the side of the road and stop safely. Now it has been over a month with a vehicle that is unsafe to drive (the airbags still hang down the front deatbelts are permanently locked rendering them useless). I have wasted so much time with over 6 trips to 2 dealerships (I live over an hour one way to the dealership), taken days off work and had about 15 inspectors look at my car. Result: Finally a phone call from a GM executive to tell me "sorry maam but there must have been an incident, we arent going to recall 100,000 vehicles and sue us if you want some satisfaction!" What a bunch of [non-permissible content removed]. After purchasing 3 new suburbans in the past 10 years there is no loyalty from this company. Now I have a car that I cannot turn in, I have to pay for the costly repairs becuase it is a manufacturers defect, there was no accident to claim to iinsurance and me as a recent widow with 2 little kids is stuck. I have to put it all back together and disclose through carfax or another company that a manufacturers defect occurred and may or may not happen again in the future since no one can tell me what caused the deployment in the first place. Ironic because I just got the car out of the shop to get it all fixed up to trade in for yet another new Suburban. I WILL NEVER SUPPORT CHEVY AGAIN. I have also learned that there have been over 20 cases of this occuring. If this has happened to you, please contact me about a class action suit. I cannot believe how hard Chevy is screwing me. BEWARE!!!! It has happened a lot but they dont want to help me out and dont want to trigger a recall. Great customer service? I think not. Please email if this has happened to you!
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Vehicle comes with a written contract manufacturers warranty. How far out of the warranty period are you?

What was it in the shop for, that you were getting all kinds of work done to fix it up to sell it? Who did what on your vehicle?
This discussion has been closed.