Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voided or Denied Warranty Experiences

2»

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,998
    edited November 2011
    Well it's possibly the technician made an error but how could you ever prove this? Also, the expense involved in new pads is not so great that you should waste too much time on it---you did your best. If I were in your shoes, I'd just get the new pads out of your own pocket and then keep an eye on the brake pad wear. If the wear remains excessive you might have a case for an adjustment next time--if it doesn't wear excessively, then you have that peace of mind at least.

but at this rate, you're just going to sour yourself on the truck, and it might turn out to be a good vehicle after all.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 8,045
    Keep in mind that GMC did not do the inspection on the vehicle prior to certifying it - the dealer in Indiana did it.

Have you contacted them? IMHO, they are the ones you should speak with.
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,445
    Indeed. The dealer is the problem here and you aren't likely to get satisfaction out of it.

I had the same thing happen with my Honda Ody - brake pads. Brought it in for an oil change and already the brake pads were below spec. The CPO inspection requires them to be much better but they talked circles all day and corporate Honda, who I have normally found very helpful too the position that it was between me and the dealer. I've been a long time Honda guy but I just replaced that van with a Toyota.
  • penn2penn2 Posts: 63
    Hello - I am not sure if this is the right forum but am trying to understand what recourse I may have with the recently announced Saab bankruptcy.

I am 9 months into a 3 year lease of a 2011 Saab. My dealerhship just informed me I no longer have warranty (4 years, 50k miles) coverage on any level, including the free maintainance for the duration of lease.

I am leasing through Ally Financial. Is this a breach of contract? Can I be released from a lease based on these circumastances or should/can Ally honor warranty? After all, I have contract with them, not Saab for the car

Any advice or guidance would be appreciate

Thank you
    You're probably out of luck.

Your warranty and maintenance contract is with SAAB. Ally was just the one the provided the financing on it. Since SAAB is no more, your contract is null and void.
  • You're SOL on this one. Brake pads are not covered, and did YOU check them yourself first???

Yukons are VERY HEAVY vehicles and will eat up front brake pads. Even if they were originaly in certified spec, it is entirely possible you ate them up.

Lastly, as it was stated, front brake pads are inexpensive, and if you have any mechanical ability, you do them in 1 hour. Less than $35 for a set of pads, a can of brake cleaner and if the pads don't come with a little tube of disc brake quite will cost less than $40 total incl the pads.

Saab situation - ok if you bought one while GM still owned it, but otherwise hope it doesn't break until they sort this out!
    thanks robr2....figured as much

Would like to then render my lease agreement null & void!
    Good luck. Your lease agreement is still with Ally. I doubt very much they'll let you out of the lease.

BTW, I presume you got a screaming lease deal.
    HA! I did.....and that alone should have made me suspicious LOL. Lesson learned
  • jprocjproc Posts: 135
    I would guess you have solid grounds for getting out of your lease.You agreed to pay "x" in exchange for a car which among other things had a warranty and a maintenance agreement.Since neither of those conditions exist anymore (through no fault of yours) I would think you have signifcant grounds for terminating the lease or,at a minimum, receiving compensation for the loss of warranty and maintenance contract.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,998
    edited December 2011
    That would be nice but I'm not so sure. The leasing company just bought the car from the factory, to lease to the leasee. They aren't providing the warranty. In theory, the leasing company could argue that they are just as aggrieved as the leasee, since they will one day own the car.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Thanks jproc -- I would want to believe that as well .... a lot still needs to be worked out at the dealer level so , anything is possible
  • Has anyone with a Ally lease had any success voiding the lease? The lease includes full manufactures warranty which is now void with the bankruptcy. Since Ally owns the car, seems they should be willing to void the remaining lease contract. Twice I called Ally and their customer service department said they will cover any possible warranty claims. Also twice, Saab dealers said not true, as they have no way of getting paid. I think Ally should have this problem, not the customer since they own the car and checked the box on the lease offering full manufacturers warranty. Anyone else battled this?
    craigosaab- yes, have exact same battles with Ally Customer service to void lease...and no, have had no luck whatsoever. Have tried 4 different times since announcement of bankruptcy. Same run-around. They don't seem really equipped to deal with the situation. Either that or they're great at avoidance. They told me they WOULD cover warranties and gave an 800 # for my Saab dealer service manager to call. He did and was told they could not help. Extremely frustrating. I am just one year into a 3 year lease and while I believe it's a solid car, it could be a ticking financial bomb.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,982
    If you were recently denied auto warranty coverage for a surprising reason, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2013 to tell your story to a reporter.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

2»