Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voided or Denied Warranty Experiences

13»

Comments

• MrShift@EdmundsMrShift@Edmunds Posts: 43,647
    edited December 2011
    That would be nice but I'm not so sure. The leasing company just bought the car from the factory, to lease to the leasee. They aren't providing the warranty. In theory, the leasing company could argue that they are just as aggrieved as the leasee, since they will one day own the car.
  • penn2penn2 Posts: 54
    Thanks jproc -- I would want to believe that as well .... a lot still needs to be worked out at the dealer level so , anything is possible
  • Has anyone with a Ally lease had any success voiding the lease? The lease includes full manufactures warranty which is now void with the bankruptcy. Since Ally owns the car, seems they should be willing to void the remaining lease contract. Twice I called Ally and their customer service department said they will cover any possible warranty claims. Also twice, Saab dealers said not true, as they have no way of getting paid. I think Ally should have this problem, not the customer since they own the car and checked the box on the lease offering full manufacturers warranty. Anyone else battled this?
  • penn2penn2 Posts: 54
    craigosaab- yes, have exact same battles with Ally Customer service to void lease...and no, have had no luck whatsoever. Have tried 4 different times since announcement of bankruptcy. Same run-around. They don't seem really equipped to deal with the situation. Either that or they're great at avoidance. They told me they WOULD cover warranties and gave an 800 # for my Saab dealer service manager to call. He did and was told they could not help. Extremely frustrating. I am just one year into a 3 year lease and while I believe it's a solid car, it could be a ticking financial bomb.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,968
    If you were recently denied auto warranty coverage for a surprising reason, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, January 9, 2013 to tell your story to a reporter.
13»