Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Honda Insight 5-passenger Hatchback

167891012»

Comments

• dnatechdnatech Posts: 21
    I looked in the booklet but I haven't found where to refill the rear window washer fluid. Is it shared with the windshield tank in the engine?
    Thank you!
  • I got my first oil change after the alert notice at 8012 miles.
    I drive in the ECO mode at all times and follow the speed limit (YES!).
    The real mpg is 52.4 since I got the car, and I learned during the service (oil change) that the rear window washer fluid is pumped from the tank in the engine compartment.
    I love the car so far!
  • twartedtwarted Posts: 5
    I have a 2010 Insight with 99950 miles with full kit (Nav the works) and extended warranty and all service records and no scratches. I went to Pompano Honda to trade in against an Accord last night.... and Guess what? I discovered the error of my ways.
    Its worth maybe $7,000 after paying $24,500 for it new.
    Had I not listened to the Honda Sales Pitch I would have bought a Toyota Prius which with the same mileage would have been worth a LOT more. Perhaps Consumer reports might like to take a look at depreciation between the two?
    I no longer drive the car in case the battery dies and BTW the fuel consumption has been between 35 and 37.5 MPG. Is it true Honda have been sued in a class action law suite for lies about fuel consumption claims?? Have I a case?
    Better they be sued for a pretend Hybrid system that has a massive loss in value as a result. Any Lawyers reading? - Look at my records if you wish!
    As we say in Ireland it has not got the power to "Pull the socks off of a dead man" and the only redeeming quality is I can drive it in the HOV lane!!!
    Reliability was excellent but for a full assembly replacement of GPS - CD-Radio at 41,000 miles. Service department at Pompano Honda puts my Lexus Department to shame - They are excellent in all ways.
    Silly me for buying one - All you happy owners .... Your time will come! - The car was rushed to the market and "Under Engineered" (Never saw so much painted metal since an Alfa in the 60's!) and you will pay the price in resale value.
  • spunjornospunjorno Posts: 45
    Is it a case of the car not retaining its resale value, or a case of an un-savvy negotiator getting taken by a car dealer on his trade-in? It wouldn't be the first time that's happened. Or was it a high mileage vehicle or in poor shape (with exception of not having scratches)? I wonder...

Your comments about resale value are not supported by Consumer Reports and other publications. So I don't know what to tell you.

You were only getting 37.5 MPG!!!? I also have a 2010 and I'm getting mid 50's -- the same as my Prius friends. I've never had a single tank anywhere near as low as the 43 MPG that Honda claims. I'm wondering about your driving habits -- what are you towing a boat?. It seems to me that Honda's "lies" about fuel economy have been that they are underselling the fuel savings.

And what was that about being afraid the battery dies? The hybrid batteries are warrantied for 10 years. What are you talking about? Nothing about your post makes any sense.
  • spunjornospunjorno Posts: 45
    Woops -- just reread your post and noticed you did tell us the mileage was almost 100,000. Okay that explains the low trade in. Nuff-said.
  • dweiserdweiser Posts: 288
    I traded in my almost new Honda Insight and was offered a low trade-in from a Honda dealer I'd dealt with before. I like Hondas and have owned two Fits. When I asked why so low an offer they said, "Because no-body wants one". I could understand why - not great mileage, poor ride, worse handling, the car actually shook at red lights and stop signs, uncomfortable, shall I go on? I bought a Ford C-Max in November (my first American car in something like 40 or 50 years!) and comparing the Honda Insight to the Ford C-Max is like comparing the worst hybrid in the world to one of the best.
    Sorry Honda, you failed.
  • rookie60rookie60 Posts: 39
    I was one of the first in Minnesota to get a 2010 Honda Insight. I wanted to try a Hybrid. My experience with it is:

I have 55,000 miles on it since June 4, 2009 when in first came out. Mileage has been consistently 44-46 during my normal driving. I have gotten 50 twice. I put over 4,000 miles on it last October to a trip to Florida and back. City and highway "total" combined was 42. It likes 55-60 mph. That is when I got 50 mpg. At 70-75 mph, I get around 40. Ride was fine on highway. (Not a Lexus). Handled "OK" on "Tail of the Dragon" in North Carolina. (Not a Corvette). With heater off, car shuts off at lights, so no shaking. (Can't understand that statement). CVT is noisy on acceleration. Great city car. Ford C-Max supposedly getting high 30's in mileage. My wife loves her Insight. We will keep it for at least another 5 years.
167891012»