Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 VW Passat CC

Comments

• I had the sensor replaced but the check engine light keeps coming on then going off. I am afraid of the car smoking again so I'm looking into the Lemon Law.
  • dk90210dk90210 Posts: 5
    Car Man -- Do you have the residual value and money factor for a 2010 VW CC Sport? 36 months, 10k or 12k miles per year. In So Cal.
  • kvhall2kvhall2 Posts: 1
    Hello. We're leasing a 2010 VW CC 2.0 Turbo and since we've gotten it, there's been a rattle coming from the front during acceleration. We took it to the dealer and he told us it was the flex pipe. Apparently there's some sort of mesh cage around it that rattles. Has anyone heard of this problem. I'm told there's no plans for any sort of recall. Just curious. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time!
  • colin_lcolin_l Posts: 591
    edited June 2010
    I'm going to assume you have your answer by now...

But anyway, a flex pipe is part of the exhaust system. Usually you find them on the turbocharger downpipe, but they can be elsewhere. They look like this: http://tinyurl.com/2fu87mw

They don't make noise on their own. They could allow the exhaust to move enough for a heat shield to hit something, though.

Otherwise-- rattling during exhaust often is detonation. Are you using premium fuel?
  • Hello everyone, need some help here. Wondering if I can get some feed back on the CC. Thinking of getting one, was wondering for all those who already have one is there any major problems with them, also what would be better 6cyl, or 2.0. Your help and input on the car would be greatly appreciated, Thanks so much Roadmaster45
  • bronsonbbronsonb Posts: 170
    Hi Roadmaster:

I can only speak about the VR6. My wife and I have one purchased last December and she simply loves it. We never even test drove the 2.0, so I can't compare, but the VR6 is VERY fast. Good highway MPG, but city MPG is around 19 - 20. Ours is dressed up with the premium sound, bigger tires, headlights that turn with the car and go up/down on hills, real leather seats, etc. Only things we don't have are nav and AWD.

But the VR6 is a good bit more than the 2.0, so I think that would be a factor. We got an end of year discount of about 10K off the price, which is the only reason we bought it. I'd never pay close to 40K for a VW.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,652
    "I'd never pay close to 40K for a VW."

Because of the name alone? Or you don't perceive any VW up to the quality level of a $40K plus automobile?

A Camry without AWD is $35k ish...they all get up there pretty quick with options.
    10k discount? That is remarkable.

Did you trade in a vehicle and if so, how much did they give you for it?
    We've had three VWs, so it's not like I am a snob who won't buy VWs. And for the record, I wouldn't pay 35K for a Camry either. I just don't perceive a Camry or a VW as a 40K car. An Infiniti, most Lexus models and most BMWs are what I think of when I think of a 40K car.

VW = "Volkswagen" = rough translation from German to English ... "The people's car." If it's the people's car, then most people need to be able to afford it. VW has it's upscale brand, Audi. So VWs should therefore be priced lower. A 40K CC makes one think, "If I am going to pay 40K, let me go look at Audi...or Infiniti, or Lexus." I think buyers expect more from a 40K car than a 30K car just as they expect more from the dealer, like service loaners and such. VW just isn't there.

THAT'S what I mean when I say I'd never pay close to 40K for a VW. It's just not there. If I am paying 40K for a car in this market, it's going to be an upscale European or Japanese brand.
    We didn't trade. My wife's old ride is a 1999 VW Passat GLS V6. It has 150,000 miles on it, and we opted to keep it as our airport car since VW wasn't going to give us much more than $500 in trade for it. I use it now for local trips and keep my Expedition for weekends, road trips, and Home Depot.

We got the 10K discount because the car was a 2009 model that had been on the lot for the whole year with no takers and the dealer wanted to move it before the end of the year. It was also the only VR6 CC on the lot. The price with the VR6 new gets a bit too high for a lot of buyers considering the CC with the 2.0T starts below 30K.

The car has been great for us so far. Plus, since our warranty started the day we bought it, but the car was almost a year old, it's almost like it's had a long break-in period. Granted, it's a year old now, but we keep our cars forever practically, so it doesn't really matter. As I mentioned before, we have the 1999 Passat, and I have a 2004 Expedition. Both will be hanging around for awhile.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,703
    I think we all have our brands that we feel better about. I feel the same way about GM. But, all the brands you mentioned too are way overpriced too. Those brands are just people cars in other countries. When to us, their gold.

VW has really stepped up their brand. They have become more upscale. They have tuned their line up for their people. But, your right, going up to 40k, I would look closely at an Audi, rather than a VW. VW still has some of the best tuned shared Audi engines in them too. So, you don't always have to get an Audi.

For me, I look at BMW and see overpriced, overrated emblems. I think, it probably drives really good, but could I have just as much fun in a VW or Audi? Yes. But, thats just me. A Lexus is just a glorified Toyota, Accord-Acura, Nissan-Infiniti, VW-Audi.

Too each their own. :)
    Didn't mean to infer you were being snobish...nuances lost in the online posting world :)

I tend to agree with most of what you've said...especially once the price gets to mid 40's.

While I love the CC (would have bought a 2.0T over my CPO'd IS350--wife vetoed-- 4 seats...long, sad, story) I don't see 40+K...or more accurately I'd like to see 4 rings on the grill ;)
    That's truly an outstanding price, leftover 2009 or not. I assume it had some test drive miles on it too, but even 500 miles wouldn't matter much... I would have jumped on the deal, and I applaud you for doing so. :)

Right now I'm curious if the 2012 Passat and CC are going to merge (for North America-- all that matters to me) because having both of them as distinct models both based on the New Midsize Sedan workstream doesn't make sense.

Honestly I don't care which it is. I just want a TDI version. :) If there isn't one, I'll see if the 2011 Jetta has enough room for me.
  • popboyweipopboywei Posts: 6
    I am planning to buy the 2010 CC Sport with DSG and Protection Kit before August 6th. I have shot around for some quotes and got an offer @ $26,505 from MSRP $30,080. Is it a good deal? Please let me know.

I wont have the CC until August cuz I am out of the States now, so is there anyone knows that I can have better incentives in August or later this month?

Thank you ,guys
  • vwccmanvwccman Posts: 4
    12% off MSRP is a great deal, especially if there's no incentives included in that.
    Do you know if there is any incentives existing this month or August?
    After viewing about 7 dealerships website, I just found one has posted they have $1250 rebates, but rest of the dealerships didn't. So I'm curious if this $1250 from the VW or just the dealer....

Any help will be appreciated!!
    Got an offer of $25,615 out of $29,400. is it a good deal?
    edited July 2010
    That sounds good.

I couldn't configure 29,400 (I got 30,080 with destination)...but $25.6k does seem below the invoice of about 28k

There are incentives which I assume they are applying to get that low number.

When they first came out I was offered one at invoice (price was for one at the port)...so I'd assume they could all go for invoice (especially with incentives); although Edmunds TMV does show it higher than invoice.

If they're being straight with that number...I'd jump on it ;)
    $29,400 is the base model of Sport Trim with DSG, no any other options. I found out the Mat Kit or Protection Kit is overcharged, I can have a great set of mats at much lower price than the VW's.