Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 VW Passat CC

Comments

• carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,577
    My a/c and brakes are both great. No problems or issues in a year. I guess any car has its lemons unfortunately.
  • pengwinpengwin Posts: 74
    have 4 VW's. they all do it. It helps you drive more smoothly during non-panic stops.

If you roll around at 20mph then slam on the pedal you'll see it won't go to the floor. I'm assuming its sensing that "panic" braking and helping you stop quicker.
  • kcamsekcamse Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    test drove a 2010 cc before i bought 2012, brakes were great. but as i said in original post all new vw's have this have this style of brakes. was given the keys to 3 2012 cc's and a 2011 gti, all had brakes that travel about half way before they held, and if continued went to the floor. vw tech stated that is normal. vw spent millions designing this style of brake. these brakes suck in traffic it gets very dangerous. And that is just the first issue. this is my first vw because i wanted to try german engineering and i think it sucks. i recently rented a budget $16000 nissan versa. this piece of crap out classed my $33000 cc in almost every category except exceleration, Brakes in the versa were rock solid, only had to tap on them to stop, they were excellent. throttle response was excellent, my cc has dual clutch trans which feel like a neutral drop every time you excellerate from a stop and passing gear takes about 3 seconds before it kicks in while next car is up your [non-permissible content removed] already. Why would vw use this trans? just to save .00001% of gas. the steering in my cc make tons of grinding noise and suspension clunks, this cheap beat to **** versa, was so smooth. even the radio sucks in my cc. the reception is so bad i can't get some of my stations and even the local fade out sometimes when driving. i am not happy with this car i feel like every time i buy a new car i pay more and get less.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,577
    edited July 2011
    You obviously don't like the car. It's bad but not the end of the world.

Do youself a favor and axe the car. You'll take somewhat of a (financial) beating but will be happier in both the long and short-run.

Before buying/leasing its replacement, rent the car you're thinking of and spend at least a couple of days with it to see if it lives up to your expectations.
    it seems like you are either a troll...or bought a lemon. We have 4 VW's, and will continue to buy more.
    no, i love the car its the hottest looking sedan out there, but all who stated i own 4 vw's or no problem with my cc how many of those are 2012's. i don't have a lemon i checked 3 2012 cc's and a gti. all have the same problem its a new... vw design. i just wanted to know if you vw guys noticed the same thing with a 2012 cc or other model. saw a road test of gti, test driver stated brakes are way to soft for his liking. it sounds like i'm bashing but when you spend $33000 you want everything perfect, and if you think brakes that go down to the floor is normal than you better try driving another brand. will have to live with the problems because like i said i love the car, just can't understand why vw engineers would such a bad design.
    again, try "panic" braking. it firms up.

Also, we own VW ranging from 99 to 2012. 99 Bug, 08 Jetta, 11 Jetta, 12 CC.
    12 cc. 11 jetta.... then you know want i'm talking about. brakes firm up if i pump them at a full stop but start to fade as i drive. the brakes are ok when i pump them up every time i stop. tried panic braking also both are just temp. fix. as you know. just got to get used to it. thx
    oh, i didn't suggest it as a temp fix but as a means of showing you that the "squishy" pedal is not a safety issue. Its just made that way but when it counts, it'll stop as quickly as you need the car to.
  • discomandiscoman Posts: 110
    OK, So the first mistake was buying a car you didn't test drive first. Always, Always, Always test drive the exact car you are going to buy before you sign the papers. Not one the same model, or even same year. If they have to order it for you, make sure there is a clause in the purchase contract that says you do not have to take delivery until after you test drive it. Never take the salesman's word that it's the same but different. A lot of times they put you in a higher trim level car than the one you are buying, then tell you "Yours is the same, just without..... But you will like it just as much. Also if there is a new innovation that a lot of people don't like, they will try to put you in an older car that doesn't have that problem. Then tell you yours is the same, but better because ithas x, y, or z improvements. I always test drive the exact car I am buying. And I make sure it is both in traffic and on the freeway, and play with all the gadgets as I would use them while driving.

As far as passing power. Try putting the transmission in S and then step on the gas, it will take off like a rocket. I did and ended up going from 50 to 77 in what seemed like 2 seconds. Enough to get me a $287.00 ticket. And I was just passing. I also outran my Son's Toyota Celica GT-S. Boy was he ticked off at that. Especially since I have the Turbo 4 and not the VR6.

Now the brakes. If youread the first paragraph, then you would either have known the problem,a nd not bought the car, or not have been disappointed with it because the slaesman would have explained it to you, then you could have tested another one or two to confirm it. And decided to get the car or not. But please don't bash it because you made a mistake.

I have a 2009 CC Luxe and have not had problems with the brakes or A/C. But I did have a problem where the Check Engine light came on while on the return leg from Newport, OR to San Francisco and back, and they troubleshot it down to a sensor on the intake Manifold. So they replaced the manifold and it's fine now. But that was after 40K of driving it. Don't know if anyone else has had the check engine light problem where they had to replace the manifold or if this was just a freak thing. But I haven't had a problem since. I still love my CC as much as the day I bought it. I love the looks it gets and the people who approach and ask what kind of VW it is because there is no badging on the 2009. I think they should have kept it that way. In my opinion it makes it look classier. It also makes people ask about it. Hmm. Maybe that's why the left them off the first year.
  • Just became an owner of a 2009 CC Sport CPO and am enjoying driving the first few hundred miles so far. I bought to for $21,500 for any interested forum lurkers. It is stock candy white CC Sport with bluetooth and sat. radio. I receive lots of compliments and passing looks from strangers. It truly is a unique car that you don't see all that often on the road. I'm glad I chose this over a Nissan Maxima. :)
  • Are the money factors for leasing a CC Lux or Lux Plus available. Interested in a 36 month one

Also, anybody familiar with using the bluetooth with an iPhone4? Interested in how it sounds to someone receiving a call FROM the car. Heard that it's not good.

Thx
  • I have the same..2009 vw cc 2.0t lux package and I have 47,000 miles on it and my check engine light goes on and off, sometimes its on for 2 days then its off for a day. Luckily my father owns a mechanic repair shop so I hooked up the launch diagnostic tool and saw a code of p2015: intake manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit range/performance bank 1a. i have been looking for CC owners who have high mileage like me and no one really has that much high mileage, thank god you did. Even though my care free maintenance was over at 36,000 miles the car comes with a 60,000 mile warranty. And my code falls under the engine category so they have to warranty it. Im assuming they didnt charge you anything?
    That's correct. I didn't have to pay a dime. It was not covered under the care free, but was under the powertrain warranty. My problem was EXACTLY the same thing as yours. Usually the light would go off if it sat for a day or so, loke on a weekend without driving it, then after driving for a day or so it would come back on. I thought it might be a bad gas cap or maybe some bad gas, but performance never really suffered. It turned out they had to replace the Intake manifold as the part that was bad comes with the manifold and is not available as an independent part. I was given a loaner car and the work was performed in a few hours. Since then no problems at all.
    The Iphone 4 in general does not perform well with BT. My wife has one and has a Jabra BT in her car. It sucks. But the same BT works well with my motorola phone. Smae with my CC. My phone works great, but hers does not. Maybe that's something they improved with the new I-phone 4(s).
  • I bought my 2009 cc brand new. I was in love with the car untill the 28,000 service. The service writer advice to rotate the tires. As soon as I picked up the car it sounded like a train was following me and the braking also sound awful. When I took it back the service writer and manager said that it was normal but that it would go away at about 1,000 to 1,200 miles. I let 1800 mile go by and no improcement. so I went back and they said that there was nothing they could do . The manager e=went as far as stating that it was normal for all german cars. They suggested I call VW, so i did. They said that they do not manufacture the tires and that all they could do is pay for 40% of the tire replacement. The tire replacement had to take place at VW dealer which ran $1075.00. I don't understand why I should pay for new tires when my tires are still in very good condition. The service writer also stated the the new tires would also do the same at about 20,000 to 30,000 miles. Needless to say that I no longer love my car.
  • if you think the ride was bad wait untill you rotate the tires at 30,000 mile service. I use to love the car until The 30,000 service.
  • My cc is a 2009 now 30,000 miles. the ride fells like an old car. sounds like your riding a train. you need new tires every 30,000 miles. this was steted to me by the service writer. call VW of america and all they could say is that they don't make the tires. YEA but you put them on the car you sold me.
  • I too have had to replace the rear bulbs a few times already. My cc has 30,000. My worst complain is the ride after rotating the tires at my last service.
    People. May I suggest you check the reviews on tires as well. you can usually find them on something like tirerack.com or other websites. Youdon't have to buy them from them, but do check the reviews. Most of the time the factory does not necessarily put the best tires for a vehicle on it. They do have a mass purchase contract from one manufacturer or another on tires, so they put them on as OEM. They are usually fair to good quality, but not necessarily the best. They get a really good price for them, and the tire manufacturers give them this good price because they know most (Unknowing or unsuspecting)people will continue to put the same tires on because either "That's what the car came with so they must be the best for that car" or "because that's what their dealer sells", at a significant markup. They are usually way overpriced as the Continentals the CC came with are. I had the same issue with my Expedition. Try going with a Pirelli P-Zero or Goodyear Eagle GT's, or Toyo's, or any other manufacturer that makes high performance all season tires. I assure you you will find a better, quieter, and better handling tire than the Continentals.