Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 VW Passat CC

Comments

• rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    miamicc,

Did you order the part number 000 051 446 C like I asked you. That is the correct cable. If you dealer won't let you order than try another dealer. Make sure you order it at the parts department. That will make your iPod fully functional.
  • kaysidkaysid Posts: 39
    Yep, thanks for the tip, just requested a CC Prices Paid and Lease questions forum. Until then Im sure people can use this forum and then they can move the threads across when they do set it up.
    Cheers!
    Congrats! Im actually looking for a bare bones 2.0T manual. But its nice to know your getting nearer invoice then MSRP. Were you able to get the new lease rates which were reduced starting a week or so ago. The standard rates before were quite a bit higher (MF .00310 down to .00249) I think.
    Ok so now we do have an official CC prices paid and buying experience forum and lease questions forum.
    Just hope people use it now.. :)

CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience

CC Lease Questions
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,669
    I just finished a first test drive of a CC 2.0T Auto. The manual will be in in about 10 days so I can check that one out then.

I love the looks of this car (was cross shopping the new Mazda 6—which I also think is beautiful)

The automatic was fine (why no DSG ?!?) and I didn't want the 3.6L...but would have preferred the new 2.0T in the A4 (mr mega torque).

The salesman did mention that this is a 'new' 2.0T that there were a number of revisions that should increase the long term reliability and decrease maintenance costs (relocation of fuel pump...something else). Does anybody have a link to a specific article on this?

One thing I did notice was the handling was AWESOME. Immediately after pulling away from the dealership I notice the totally flat stance...even quick lane changes didn't disrupt it. Great seats as well. Head room in the back was as expected...tight for me (6'3”).

I drove through a part of town with real windy roads and elevation changes and easily maneuvered through traffic at much higher speeds than I should have. It wasn't the total speed, which again was much too fast, but the feel and confidence; I took a Mazda6 V6 a couple minutes earlier and at a certain portion where the road was winding down to the left I had a nervous feeling as I had to get off the throttle because of the under steer and body roll...the CC totally outclassed it (and the Mazda6 was a fine automobile).

One thing I don't care for in the CC (the sport...or base) is the center console...it just looks cheap. Not exactly the radio...but the LCD read out with the fake aluminum (I think the Luxury model makes an explicit note indicating it is 'real' aluminum) I think it may have been the combination of the radio with the all black interior (I like the two-tone); and I don't think the NAV is available on the 2.0T Sport...which is the only one that you can get a manual with.

Classy is the word the comes to mind when I think of the CC...too bad they offered half my payoff amount
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Yes!! Thanks for getting that to happen. :)

Everyone can access them from the Passat group level as well as from the links you provided.

Thanks again!
    All 09 Passat CC's with nav come with the MDI aka Media-In system. This system can play USB, aux and iPod. For those who are having iPod troubles with the USB cable will need to order 000 051 446 C. That's the right cable. All CC owners with Navi that have an iPod should buy this cable ASAP. You can get it at your local dealer. This cable will fully integrate the iPod. It's about $51 to 70 but it's cheaper than the POS VW iPod adaptor that doesn't integrate with the iPod. Prices may vary though. It's in stock and will be there within a few days or up to a week. .
    Pet Peeve...

No NAV with the 6spd???

Does anybody know if, or when, they will correct this oversight?

Other manufacturers that offer a manual offer NAV...IS250, TSX etc...
    You can add the nav to a 6 speed model. It's retrofittable.
    you certain? Are dealers aware of this?

So 'everything' would get installed...30gb hd, auxiliary multimedia connector, SD card slot, backup camera, etc?

Do you know what the cost of this would run? Sounds like a pricey prospect to me.

I haven't tested many NAV systems...but this one looks like one of the best for graphics/ergonomics/design/functionality...much better than CTS and G35...and new Acura's...I like the NAV in the Lexus IS, but didn't do a direct comparison.

I was impressed with my brief play time.
  • Yes! Thank you so much. That cable is nothing like what I expected. It is not a USB at all. It works just fine, and I got it online for $15-20 less than at the dealership, which was clueless to begin with about what I needed. So thanks for the posting and the advise...
    You're welcome. It's got a dock connector. Glad you are enjoying it. Keep posting this to other new CC owners with the nav and iPod. The MDI will also be on non-nav models but that won't be for another 1 to 2 model years, since it requires some non nav radios that have yet to be released here in the states. Then non nav owners can have the full iPod integration as the nav users.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    I think the CC is a very sharp car. Cheap, no, but any car built in Germany is not inexpensive to manufacture.

But with the iffy quality and less than premium materials of some of the cars like Mercedes, a loaded to the max 4 motion V6 CC is not that bad of a deal at just a little over 42k.

Your 70 grand Mercedes CLS will be lucky to be worth 30k in 3 years time with the horrid depreciation and bad reputation of the brand.

Doesn't make the VW look like it's overpriced then. No matter what the brand, any AWD car with close to 300hp and all the tech goodies is 40k plus.
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    I agree that the CC is a sharp car; but VW ranks right up - er down there - with Mercedes when it comes to quality, shoddy workmanship & service costs.

I'd like to buy a cc; but it's not a good value. I drive 55.000 miles a year & replace my car roughly every three years. I'm not willing to live with the depreciation, problems & cost of maintaining it when there are reliable relatively trouble free Asian ccars available.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    I'm not sure why VW can't seem to get the nagging check engine lights, sensors, and other electrical things down.

It's not that their cars fall apart...they hold up quite well. Its always having to run back to the dealership to fix the small things that get annoying.

Audi has done an amazing job over the last 1/2 decade with this stuff. Not sure why VW can't follow the same lead. Especially now that they are into cars 40-55k.
    You can do it. It's possible if you have time and money. I have seen the RNS-510 with nearly everything you need for 2,030. You will need a sirius extension cable and the MDI. The backup camera is about 800 USD extra. The MDI is 250 USD plus 50 to 60 depending on the cable. The MDI has special cables for Aux, iPod, and mini USB. MDI comes with the USB cable. You can't use the USB cable for the iPod. iPod requires 000 051 446 C which is the MDI iPod cable.

The best bluetooth kit is about 500 USD. It adds up but you can do this gradually.
    1K8 035 730 B

Apparently the ETKA has this part number listed as a factory bluetooth module. It might have both basic and premium in it. It looks like a premium kit rather than the tried and true Skoda one. The premium kit is like an in car cellphone while the Skoda kit is more like the bluetooth systems that other cars have. I would think it would be Basic and Premium. Will probably have BT audio streaming for the RNS-510. Appears to be better than the Volk-L kit. Skoda kit doesn't work with the CC due to the steering wheel controls. The 1K8 unit can be had for 421 for just the unit itself. Probably needs a mic, harness, and programming. The Volk-L kit is just an in car headset. So Volk-L is a temporary solution until they can release the factory module which can be retrofitted.
    Also 1K8 035 730 also works as well and thats the orderable part .
    The nav system for the 09 Passat CC and all other models has been slightly revised. This new revision has a different software and firmware revision. The MUTE button is now the PHONE button. That means VW is close to releasing a factory bluetooth option that has RNS-510 integration. The RNS-510 has a bluetooth menu where you can access your phone book and touchscreend dialing. This kit will likely have voice recognition and MFI/MFD integration in addition to the touch screen.

VW is planning to replace the current non nav radio with the RCD-310 and the RCD-510. The RCD-510 is basically a non nav RNS-510. It has the same touch screen and similar graphics. The RCD-510 has a slightly different fascia though.It doesn't have a hard drive but has an SD slot. They also added in a 6 CD/DVD/MP3 changer. These new head units are also compatible with the MDI which means integrated iPod with the right cable. The RCD-510 also has a touch screen bluetooth menu as well.

All in all VW is finally going to roll out a bluetooth as a factory option and new non nav radios are on the way.
    http://www.vwlabs.com/

Check out the Nav Companion feature. You can import destinations via SD card. You must use an SD card no bigger than 2 GB. You can also read Page 83 on the RNS-510 manual.

Press NAV, touch the memory function key, then press confirm. This is a very nice feature.
    Something amazing is going to happen. VW is finally going to add factory installed Bluetooth. Models with the RNS-510 will be getting bluetooth. VW made a revision to the RNS-510. They replaced the Mute button with the phone button. It looks like they finally got a real BT module. It will probably be retrofittable so people that don't have bluetooth will get it. The Bluetooh equipped cars will be produced starting Calendar week 45 which means they might be coming in soon. I believe they released a part number in the ETKA which mentions it. 1K8 035 730 B is probably that part. The bluetooth module will have MFD integration, Touch screen menu that does various things like 6 contact presets, Touch screen dialing, Caller info, A2DP aka Bluetooth Audio on the RNS-510 and so on.

I hope you're on the look out for this new bluetooth kit. It will be retrofittable but it will be an expensive retrofit. It should work for those without nav but it's optimized for it. VW is going to release the RCD-510 sometime this year or maybe next year for 2010. That radio is touch screen 6 disc Changer model.
    Bluetooth is now listed as an option on vw.com/. It's optional on all models. Sport models get a basic bluetooth kit while other models get one with Voice Control. I don't think it requires the nav though but it does offer a cool touch screen menu which is nice.
    1K8 035 730 B is now available at worldimpex. Just google worldimpex and it will link you to their site. Then search for 1K8 035 730 B. It should have full bluetooth integration. Nav owners will get a special phone menu. It will also have MFD integration as well. $554.64 is the price for it and it's on sale. Installation and coding not included. You can use the cheaper Volk-L kit if you want. It might not be a kit so you might have to buy a Mic, Harness, mount and other various parts.
  • I am considering the purchase of a 2009 cc with the 200hp 4 cylinder. Can anyone tell me if this engine is indeed the SAME engine being used in the Golf GTI?

And, as a Passat V6 owner, I have heard countless horror stories about a sludge problem with previous VW 4 cylinder engines. Has the company done anything to REALLY address this, or am I asking for a nightmare experience?

Thanks for all for any input,
    MF
  • I can't tell you if this is the same engine... What I can tell you is that the engine on the 2.0 liter performs amazingly. I took a test drive in one on the capital beltway and without incriminating myself have to say that it was an amazing experience!

I "settled" for the 2.0 liter 4 cylinder.
    The RNS-510 nav for the Passat CC has a firmware update. It's a TSB your dealer can perform but you can do it yourself. TSB is 91-09-02. Firmware version is 0320. Newer version of the RNS-510 where the 4th button on the left says Phone have this version pre installed. Ones that say Mute need the update. Fixes a bunch of response issues.

http://rapidshare.com/files/196596039/0320.part1.rar.html Part 1 of 2
    http://rapidshare.com/files/196596041/0320.part2.rar.html Part 2 of 2

Download both .rar files and extract part 1 which will extract both files. Burn the ISO to a CD with nero or easy cd/DVD creator. You can burn it with the equivalent for OSX. Key must be off and out of ignition. Insert the disc to the RNS-510 and wait about 30 to 35 minutes. It will then finish and you can reboot the RNS-510 by pressing <> and brightness. Don't start car until it's done. GPS fix must be done by leaving the car outside for 30 minutes while the nav is on. Nothing is lost with the firmware update. Even if you're not having problems, do this update since it will make it better. Enjoy!
  • milkman1milkman1 Posts: 80
    It's the same dreaded 2.0T and I have not encountered any owner of one who hasnot had a problem with it. I love test driving anything with one in it though. I dream of a day when Consumer Reports puts the recommended check mark next to the Passat again.
  • kinctkinct Posts: 59
    The sludging issue in the smaller 4-cyl turbos (1.8T, 2.0T) was indeed an issue *ages* ago when VW / Audi was still telling people to put lower-quality (dino) oils in the engines. They changed that to different (synthetic oils) a long time ago. Now, combine the recommended oil with routine changes (IMHO this means 5,000 miles) and good quality filters and voila! No more sludge problem. (I sold my fantastic 99 Passat 1.8T w 224,800 miles on it 6-7 months ago). Now in an Audi A4 with the 2.0T engine. That shows you how concerned I am with those engines... :-) BTW, my Passat did have non-synth oil in it for roughly 35,000 miles - I am not staring at the records, they are on another PC right now. After that, all synthetics (Mobil1 0w40, mostly with K&N filters).

If you are the type of person who lets oil changes slide "a little here and there", stick to the V6's - they can tolerate that more than the V4s (not that it's a good idea mind you). If you don't maintain the engine well, then yes, I wouldn't be surprised if the sludge issue reared it's ugly head. Maintain it well, and those engines are superb. Personally, I like the improved gas mileage over the V6's, while still having lots of power.

Oh, and another thought. I would be extremely paranoid about who you let change the oil. My father is getting lazy I guess and is taking his cars to Jiffy Lube and watches them the whole time to assure they are putting in the synthetic oil. My approach is "do it yourself". My Audi dealer was more than a little perplexed (and annoyed I think) when I turned down the offer of getting the first oil change done for free at 5,000 miles. I had already done the first change at ~1,400 miles and the second one at 5,960 miles. I value my cars that much that I pretty much trust nobody with the oil & filter. Now, unfortunately my abilities don't stretch up to timing belts and things like that, so I do trust others for that.
  • milkman1milkman1 Posts: 80
    My friend who just traded his for a civic is a master of detail who babied his GLI to the last. I called him up on this very topic. He followed the maintenance plan to a T and still had the sludge, outside warranty, low miles.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I am wondering why VW chose to make the CC a 4 seat car. I would love to see a 5 seater. It would be perfect. What is the advantage in putting the cup holders in the middle rather than putting seat there. I can see the look and feel they are wanting. I think their is a Benz that has this look. But, it limits buyers. I usually do not have 5 people in my car all the time, but when we do go on vacation, we need that 5th seat.
    BUT, would I get the car if their was a good lease out on the car? I probably would, I would just have to get a rental to go on vacation. Black, with the tan and black interior leather seats. That would be beautiful!!

Still only 4 seats! :(

The interior is a nice welcome compared to the regular Passat. It looks more pulled together. The exterior looks very sharp, especially in the black.