Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 VW Passat CC

Comments

• bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    I agree. the cornsilk/black just doesn't work with some of the exterior colors, and black isn't practical here in the hot south. I've been waiting for this car, and drove a luxury 2.0 today. Came away a little disapointed. Absolutely lousy visibility, entry/exit hampered by the steep rake of the windshield, a sunroof that won't open, seats that - to me - are less comfortable that the Passat; and an extra four grand for the luxury features over the standard seems a little steep to me.

It still drives great, but an TSX Acura is a more practical car that also drives well and offers a better value and probably better resale; and when they put the diesel in it next year I'll be there with checkbook in hand to replace the Avalon,
  • ambuonoambuono Posts: 14
    I test drove the Luxury model yesterday and while very impressed with styling I could not get past the jittery ride. I am wondering if any one else has experienced this with this car or was there something wrong with the car I test drove?

Would love to hear other impressions...
  • bobgwtwbobgwtw Posts: 187
    I drove a Luxury yesterday and was impressed with the ride & handling at 65-70 on the interstate. It was a little stiff at 25-40 mph on some of the local streets, but not objectionably so. To me it was a reasonable trade off for the excellent ride & handling on the road.
  • CC is way cool looking. I loved the two tone seats but I only saw them w/silver exterior. Too bad, as I am tired of seeing too many silver cars. Interior looked well put together and exterior design smacks of MB, new Accord and BMW. This is a good thing as I think all are sharp cars. Loaded with V6 and nav, sticker was $41,900 or so. Damed expenseive for a VW. 4 cly with nav was $7K less, a bit better. Base looked to be $29 and change. Great looking car and effort from VW, let's see how they hold up. Hopefully typical (electrical) gremlins won't be in this model.
  • keithlkeithl Posts: 106
    Yeah I was attracted to this car after seeing pics, but $42K for the V6 sport loaded is a bit high for a VW, you are smack in G37 low end BMW territory and honeslty a different class, but a loaded Genesis is $40K and may likely be more reliable, just more of a luxury ride.
  • I think I have one of the first CC in Miami. I bought my car a week ago in Ft.Lauderdale, and I have not seen any on the streets of Miami. It is really cool to see people looking at my car and wondering what it is. I am writing here because I cannot get my iPod to work. I have a USB sync cable, and like mentioned here, it does not work. The dealer has no idea where I can find the cable that I need, and the car manual is almost useless (with outdated info). I have no idea where I can find this "special cable"...?
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    Since you probably have the new touch screen nav then there is a cable. Part number is 000 051 446 C. It's in stock and just write it down and show it to the parts person. This is the required iPod cable. It's one of those special order parts though they may have it there. Hope this helps.
  • kaysidkaysid Posts: 25
    Guys, will there be a CC Prices Paid and Lease Questions Forum as there are for other makes and models or is this being rolled up under the Passat forums?
    I am gearing up to leasing possibly buying a CC in the next couple of months and these forums are always invaluable when people contribute.
    Cheers
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Why don't you ask the hosts of that board? You can leave a post them in this discussion: Requests Here.

Good luck with your pursuit and keep us posted!
  • I think I got a good deal on mines. The MSRP for the luxury with navi is about $35k and I got it for $32k. I leased for 39 months / 15k miles and inception costs ($2k) and the payments where $500. I added $5k insurance so I can turn it in without worrying and I extended the b2b warranty to cover the complete lease. In comparison, the new A4 was about the same but it was bare bones. This car really has everything that I wanted, except bluetooth. Hope this helps...
    miamicc,

Did you order the part number 000 051 446 C like I asked you. That is the correct cable. If you dealer won't let you order than try another dealer. Make sure you order it at the parts department. That will make your iPod fully functional.
    Yep, thanks for the tip, just requested a CC Prices Paid and Lease questions forum. Until then Im sure people can use this forum and then they can move the threads across when they do set it up.
    Cheers!
    Congrats! Im actually looking for a bare bones 2.0T manual. But its nice to know your getting nearer invoice then MSRP. Were you able to get the new lease rates which were reduced starting a week or so ago. The standard rates before were quite a bit higher (MF .00310 down to .00249) I think.
    Ok so now we do have an official CC prices paid and buying experience forum and lease questions forum.
    Just hope people use it now.. :)

CC Prices Paid and Buying Experience

CC Lease Questions
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,652
    I just finished a first test drive of a CC 2.0T Auto. The manual will be in in about 10 days so I can check that one out then.

I love the looks of this car (was cross shopping the new Mazda 6—which I also think is beautiful)

The automatic was fine (why no DSG ?!?) and I didn't want the 3.6L...but would have preferred the new 2.0T in the A4 (mr mega torque).

The salesman did mention that this is a 'new' 2.0T that there were a number of revisions that should increase the long term reliability and decrease maintenance costs (relocation of fuel pump...something else). Does anybody have a link to a specific article on this?

One thing I did notice was the handling was AWESOME. Immediately after pulling away from the dealership I notice the totally flat stance...even quick lane changes didn't disrupt it. Great seats as well. Head room in the back was as expected...tight for me (6'3”).

I drove through a part of town with real windy roads and elevation changes and easily maneuvered through traffic at much higher speeds than I should have. It wasn't the total speed, which again was much too fast, but the feel and confidence; I took a Mazda6 V6 a couple minutes earlier and at a certain portion where the road was winding down to the left I had a nervous feeling as I had to get off the throttle because of the under steer and body roll...the CC totally outclassed it (and the Mazda6 was a fine automobile).

One thing I don't care for in the CC (the sport...or base) is the center console...it just looks cheap. Not exactly the radio...but the LCD read out with the fake aluminum (I think the Luxury model makes an explicit note indicating it is 'real' aluminum) I think it may have been the combination of the radio with the all black interior (I like the two-tone); and I don't think the NAV is available on the 2.0T Sport...which is the only one that you can get a manual with.

Classy is the word the comes to mind when I think of the CC...too bad they offered half my payoff amount
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Yes!! Thanks for getting that to happen. :)

Everyone can access them from the Passat group level as well as from the links you provided.

Thanks again!
    All 09 Passat CC's with nav come with the MDI aka Media-In system. This system can play USB, aux and iPod. For those who are having iPod troubles with the USB cable will need to order 000 051 446 C. That's the right cable. All CC owners with Navi that have an iPod should buy this cable ASAP. You can get it at your local dealer. This cable will fully integrate the iPod. It's about $51 to 70 but it's cheaper than the POS VW iPod adaptor that doesn't integrate with the iPod. Prices may vary though. It's in stock and will be there within a few days or up to a week. .
    Pet Peeve...

No NAV with the 6spd???

Does anybody know if, or when, they will correct this oversight?

Other manufacturers that offer a manual offer NAV...IS250, TSX etc...
    You can add the nav to a 6 speed model. It's retrofittable.
    you certain? Are dealers aware of this?

So 'everything' would get installed...30gb hd, auxiliary multimedia connector, SD card slot, backup camera, etc?

Do you know what the cost of this would run? Sounds like a pricey prospect to me.

I haven't tested many NAV systems...but this one looks like one of the best for graphics/ergonomics/design/functionality...much better than CTS and G35...and new Acura's...I like the NAV in the Lexus IS, but didn't do a direct comparison.

I was impressed with my brief play time.