Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 VW Passat CC

Comments

• No problem, didn't realize there was another option for a better BT system. Showing up in MFD and RNS would be nice (my Acura TSX did that). Mine works fine, but everything is through the phone itself.

Would like to hear how the install goes, if it does indeed make a major difference in functionality.
  • 2011's have been out for about a month, no real changes in looks, some added standard items, 8 way power seats, i pod hook up, bluethooth, same engine, another year of fixing any mistakes, msrp was 30, 300 plus destination, plus tax and title, plus junk the dealer puts on paint protection mats that they waive to begin with. my second choice was a acura tsx if they did not meet my price. also a nice car, but more road noise and less good looking inside and out
  • Same problem, I was going to bring the car in this month. It is very annoying, last night I thought it may be the gas but after reading your post, I am very concerned. Going to the dealer to complain, love the car, but the noise is too much.
  • I love my CC other than the fact that it takes 12-20 minutes for the air conditioning to start cooling once the car is started. I have been to the dealer twice. Told I had to have the interior circulation button only on and turn dual button off. Nope. Then they said it was a CC design issue and currently did not have a fix. I drive around is my beautiful black CC sweating with the windows down trying everything I can to get the AC to come on.

I have tried every combination of buttons, AC button on, wait to turn AC button on, wait to turn temp to cooler setting, different area fan flow buttons, etc, etc, etc. Always takes a minimum of 12 minutes before the hot air stops blasting and cool air starts to flow. I have had the car over a year so I have tried everything.

This dealership just gets disgusted with me if I ask them to look at it again.

Anyone else having this problem?
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,597
    My CC's a/c is ice cold. What year is yours?
  • discomandiscoman Posts: 110
    I had the BT installed yesterday at the dealership. Bought a Certified 2009 Luxe on Monday and the salesman had told me it had BT. I believed him because of the button on the steering wheel, and the Dealer's window sticker. Before I drove off I asked him to help me pair my phone. Then when that wouldn't work he got a tech out, and the tech said "Yeah it comes with the button, but BT is a $600 option. They have to install the module." So the salesman asked me how he could fix it. I told him "The window sticker says Bluetooth. You told me Bluetooth, so I want bluetooth. And I want the Extended warranty to 7 years, 100K instead of the 2 yr 24K that came with the car under the certified status, since you and the dealership misled me." So he said fine. He would eat the cost. It works great. Only thing is you still have to dial out using the phone. The tech said it was because of the radio. With the new (2010 or higher) or touch screen radio you can dial out from the radio. But I have the older LCD screen radio. I don't mind it one bit though. My phone connects the minute I turn on power. And everything else works perfect.
    I actually prefer NOT to have built in NAV. Instead I like having my Garmin Nuvi on the left side where I can get at it with my left hand. Also if youhave the factory unit youhave to keep buying those damned update DVD's at around $200 a pop every year or so. I have the same problem with my wife's 2005 Land Rover LR3. I bought the Nuvi because my 2003 Expedition EB (Which I just traded for my CC on Monday) had all the options except NAV. I like it better. I paid $95 for lifetime updates. So whenever it needs one it tells me. So I plug it into my laptop, download the update from Garmin and am good to go for another 6 months or year. And if I buy a newer Nuvi I can transfer the lifetime updates to the new unit. Also the portable one is the same size screen as the built in. And I get to take it with me when I travel. So I can pre-program any destinations I will be going to on my trip, and all I have to do is select them when I get there. Much more efficient. The only drawback.....is I have to keep it plugged in to the 12V cigarette lighter plug. No problem for me since I don't smoke anyway.
  • pengwinpengwin Posts: 74
    looking to buy a CC or a Regal. I can get a Regal Turbo TO1 for 26.5k thru american express or a CC DSG Sport for 28.5k at a local dealer.

the 2k isnt a big deal for me but i just want second opinions on the cars.

anyone for the regal? for the cc?
    They are both decent cars. Remember, the Regal is really an Opel, not that that's necessarily bad. Just don't think of yourself being extra patriotic by "buying American". VW is not tops when it comes to reliability but the CC is essentially an A4 Audi under its skin (a good thing), and it's skin amounts to a rather nice looking car.

So, both are nice, although not perfect German cars. Sit in both and drive each one, then decide on what YOU like best. If you're buying, the Buick's resale is unknown. If you are leasing, see what's the best deal. If buying, if the cars have the same features and options, the $2K premium for the CC may not be worth it. How do their warrantees and maintenance costs compare? How is your local VW dealer compared to the local Buick dealer?

I can say that after 7 mos. of owning my 2011 CC, I am very pleased with it, great performance and mileage, and absolutely zero problems.
  • gregg_vwgregg_vw Posts: 2,422
    Correction: the A4 and CC have completely different architecture. The CC uses transverse engines. The A4 uses a longitudinal arrangement (and longer wheelbase, given that the engine sits further back than in the CC). Audi will be using two basic architectures for cars: a transverse one with wheelbases from about 98 inches to 104 inches, and the A4/A6/A8 architecture with wheelbases starting at about 110 inches and going up from there. They do share the 2.0 liter engine (their six cylinders are completely different beasts), but in the Audi, hp jumps to 211 and torque is 258 ft lbs. That said, I think they are quite comparable cars. The A4 is a bit more of a driver's car, and the CC has higher style and a bit more back seat leg room. Both seem to exude quality in terms of the tactile heft and fit of components. But the Regal and the CC are actually in some ways more alike: built in Germany, transverse 4 cylinders, well-trimmed, with dramatic rooflines for sedans. Yes, drive both and then choose.
    Well said :) .
    about the patriotic business. My intentions were kind of the opposite (no offense, I try to buy american products when i can). I know the Regal is built in Germany for MY2011 and I intend to purchase a 2011 because i know 2012 will be canadian. As far as resale, we keep our cars 7-8years+, 250k miles+, at that point both will be worth about the same.

I have a 2008 Jetta 2.0T DSG, has the older TFSI engine. love the thing, no problems so far, knock on wood. So i'm willing to take the reliability risk.

I just want to know which is the better overall car, interior, materials, quality.
    edited May 2011
    I think with your projected use, the VW will probably be more durable. Possibly with the exception of the latest iteration Jetta, which has been dumbed down, VW and Audi use nicer materials for the money. It is a close one, however, so personal preference here should be the rule to follow.

Keep us informed on what you do.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,674
    I know the Regal is built in Germany for MY2011 and I intend to purchase a 2011 because i know 2012 will be canadian.

Do you think the quality will go down in the Canadian manufacturing plant (Oshawa)?

It hasn't won any awards for 2010...but according to wikipedia it's won many awards in previous years...and may build the Cadillac XTS.

You may want to wait for the 2012 MY...the quality may go up :)
    it very well may go up, the quality but my biggest concern is the translation of the german product to the oshwa plant. it seems like nothing that ever starts out in europe makes it to north america exactly the same.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Posts: 1,674
    I see...

I don't think much would change from one plant to another, nothing major anyway.

I believe that they have to go through all the DOT, EPA, NHTSA, etc regulations to sell the vehicle here...and if they change anything major it'll have to go through that process again.

The CC that comes to North America is the North American CC...so it could be produced anywhere and it should be the same one we get.

or something like that :)
  • ann1590ann1590 Posts: 1
    My boyfriend owns a 2010 CC Luxury fully loaded and it is awesome! It is however, "For Sale" if you might be interested? It has 13k miles on it and our situation has changed and we need to obtain a pickup truck so therefore we are forced to sell. I will be sorry to see this car go. Reply to this message if you might be interested in details.
  • ninigtoninigto Posts: 1
    I have the same issue, exactly!!! I took it to the dealer and they did not even say it was design issue, they told me I need to be patient as in hot weather, it takes time to cool the car down. But my other cars, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, never have/had this problem!!! As weather is getting hotter, I don't want to be in my CC anymore.... My commute is 20 min, a/c takes 15 min to cool down.... I am like in a cooking hell!!!!
  • kcamsekcamse Posts: 4
    Am i the only one? i never owned a volkswagen and i noticed the look of the cc, so i bought a, 2012 r line. after driving it for few days i noticed some issues especially with the brakes. the brakes are so soft and travel alot before they begin to stop. if pedal is held, it goes to the floor. i brought the car to the dealer and they said brakes were fine. not satisfied i brought in down to a repair and nys inspection shop. they stated the brakes on my car can not pass inspection. i brought it back to the dealer demanding they fix my brakes, a volkswagen rep explained to me that this is the design of vw brakes. they were designed to be very soft and go to floor. i could not believe that until he proved it to me by having me test out 3 new cc's and a gti. they all had the same terrible brakes. why would vw design such a bad brake system?
  • satyr1906satyr1906 Posts: 4
    i have a 2009 cc VR6 and have not noticed any braking issues.
    My a/c and brakes are both great. No problems or issues in a year. I guess any car has its lemons unfortunately.
    have 4 VW's. they all do it. It helps you drive more smoothly during non-panic stops.

If you roll around at 20mph then slam on the pedal you'll see it won't go to the floor. I'm assuming its sensing that "panic" braking and helping you stop quicker.
    edited August 2011
    test drove a 2010 cc before i bought 2012, brakes were great. but as i said in original post all new vw's have this have this style of brakes. was given the keys to 3 2012 cc's and a 2011 gti, all had brakes that travel about half way before they held, and if continued went to the floor. vw tech stated that is normal. vw spent millions designing this style of brake. these brakes suck in traffic it gets very dangerous. And that is just the first issue. this is my first vw because i wanted to try german engineering and i think it sucks. i recently rented a budget $16000 nissan versa. this piece of crap out classed my $33000 cc in almost every category except exceleration, Brakes in the versa were rock solid, only had to tap on them to stop, they were excellent. throttle response was excellent, my cc has dual clutch trans which feel like a neutral drop every time you excellerate from a stop and passing gear takes about 3 seconds before it kicks in while next car is up your [non-permissible content removed] already. Why would vw use this trans? just to save .00001% of gas. the steering in my cc make tons of grinding noise and suspension clunks, this cheap beat to **** versa, was so smooth. even the radio sucks in my cc. the reception is so bad i can't get some of my stations and even the local fade out sometimes when driving. i am not happy with this car i feel like every time i buy a new car i pay more and get less.
    edited July 2011
    You obviously don't like the car. It's bad but not the end of the world.

Do youself a favor and axe the car. You'll take somewhat of a (financial) beating but will be happier in both the long and short-run.

Before buying/leasing its replacement, rent the car you're thinking of and spend at least a couple of days with it to see if it lives up to your expectations.
    it seems like you are either a troll...or bought a lemon. We have 4 VW's, and will continue to buy more.
    no, i love the car its the hottest looking sedan out there, but all who stated i own 4 vw's or no problem with my cc how many of those are 2012's. i don't have a lemon i checked 3 2012 cc's and a gti. all have the same problem its a new... vw design. i just wanted to know if you vw guys noticed the same thing with a 2012 cc or other model. saw a road test of gti, test driver stated brakes are way to soft for his liking. it sounds like i'm bashing but when you spend $33000 you want everything perfect, and if you think brakes that go down to the floor is normal than you better try driving another brand. will have to live with the problems because like i said i love the car, just can't understand why vw engineers would such a bad design.
    again, try "panic" braking. it firms up.

Also, we own VW ranging from 99 to 2012. 99 Bug, 08 Jetta, 11 Jetta, 12 CC.
    12 cc. 11 jetta.... then you know want i'm talking about. brakes firm up if i pump them at a full stop but start to fade as i drive. the brakes are ok when i pump them up every time i stop. tried panic braking also both are just temp. fix. as you know. just got to get used to it. thx
    oh, i didn't suggest it as a temp fix but as a means of showing you that the "squishy" pedal is not a safety issue. Its just made that way but when it counts, it'll stop as quickly as you need the car to.
    OK, So the first mistake was buying a car you didn't test drive first. Always, Always, Always test drive the exact car you are going to buy before you sign the papers. Not one the same model, or even same year. If they have to order it for you, make sure there is a clause in the purchase contract that says you do not have to take delivery until after you test drive it. Never take the salesman's word that it's the same but different. A lot of times they put you in a higher trim level car than the one you are buying, then tell you "Yours is the same, just without..... But you will like it just as much. Also if there is a new innovation that a lot of people don't like, they will try to put you in an older car that doesn't have that problem. Then tell you yours is the same, but better because ithas x, y, or z improvements. I always test drive the exact car I am buying. And I make sure it is both in traffic and on the freeway, and play with all the gadgets as I would use them while driving.

As far as passing power. Try putting the transmission in S and then step on the gas, it will take off like a rocket. I did and ended up going from 50 to 77 in what seemed like 2 seconds. Enough to get me a $287.00 ticket. And I was just passing. I also outran my Son's Toyota Celica GT-S. Boy was he ticked off at that. Especially since I have the Turbo 4 and not the VR6.

Now the brakes. If youread the first paragraph, then you would either have known the problem,a nd not bought the car, or not have been disappointed with it because the slaesman would have explained it to you, then you could have tested another one or two to confirm it. And decided to get the car or not. But please don't bash it because you made a mistake.

I have a 2009 CC Luxe and have not had problems with the brakes or A/C. But I did have a problem where the Check Engine light came on while on the return leg from Newport, OR to San Francisco and back, and they troubleshot it down to a sensor on the intake Manifold. So they replaced the manifold and it's fine now. But that was after 40K of driving it. Don't know if anyone else has had the check engine light problem where they had to replace the manifold or if this was just a freak thing. But I haven't had a problem since. I still love my CC as much as the day I bought it. I love the looks it gets and the people who approach and ask what kind of VW it is because there is no badging on the 2009. I think they should have kept it that way. In my opinion it makes it look classier. It also makes people ask about it. Hmm. Maybe that's why the left them off the first year.