Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2009 Maxima Problems

13»

Comments

• vinnievinnie Posts: 10
    I had an 04 that used to do the same thing....The clear cover for the monitor screen had to be taken off and cleaned from the inside...it took the dealer all of 10 minutes to do.
  • vinnievinnie Posts: 10
    edited February 2010
    I haven't had an issue with my front suspension, but my rear suspension creaks and groans in cold weather...the noise us unbearable and embarrassing for a car that's just turned 17 months old with only 10K miles on it...I'll be bringing it in for round 3 tomorrow. I can't take it anymore. Oh and as far as the door jambs go, no, mine are not primer only...I have an '09 in Precision Graphite and all jambs & rockers are painted.....
  • Am looking at new 09 Maxima and was ready to buy untilI saw all of the complaints about the struts. Has this been fixed? Also, musst I use premium gas in this car?
  • I've had my 09 for almost a year and haven't had any of these issues. As far as the type of gas goes, it's recommended that you use a high grade gasoline. Personally I would not put regular gasoline is a "sports car" even if it has 4 doors. I would leave the regular gasoline to pickups and SUVs.
  • smarty666smarty666 Posts: 1,503
    I think the car is meant for 93 Octane! reason being, I've been putting in Shell Premium since I got my 2010 Max and last week, there was a big brew ha ha at the station with the attendant and another customer and he accidentally put regular in instead of premium and as soon as I pulled out of the station I noticed a incredible difference; the engine idles rough (more shaking in steering wheel, pedals, etc) when I step on the gas the engine sounds like it is struggling and there is a lot of knocking and pinging going on! I'm trying to baby it on the road right now till I get off of this tank and can get it filled with premium again!
  • Good to know...along with a major electrical problem, I do hear a clunk coming from the front end when I cut the wheel to the left at a stand still then proceed forward.
  • thinking about buying this vehicle but on the dash it has a code of 01 - the seller is telling me that this code means that a CD is jammed in the 6 disc changer. (a CD is really jammed)
    is anyone familiar with this.
    please help.
    thanks
  • Has anyone figured out a way to unrestrict the multiple blocks Nissan installed on their GPS. It's so annoying that I generally end up using VZ Navigator on my cell.
    :shades:
    I don't believe their is away to deactivate that safety feature. If you think Nissan/Infiniti's system locks you out, you should see the one in Toyota/Lexus. As soon as the car is in motion, you get locked out of every single feature or things to do. At least with Nissan/Infiniti you can still do about 30-40% of features while the car is in motion, like deleting a destination for instance or looking something up.

Only one I know of that allows unlimited functions while in motion is the Honda/Acura nav system. Not sure about the German makes though.
  • spinto56spinto56 Posts: 2
    edited November 2010
    We have a loaded up 2009 Maxima. Love the car. On 2 occasions tried to get into the car. It was completely dead. No access on the doors, no lights, no radio, no start. Had to jump the car, and started it right away. Took it to dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. They tested the battery and it was fully charged. They suggested if it happens again that I don't jump the battery and have the car towed to dealer. Anybody have this problem?
  • Had the same problem once. Used the spare key in the key fob to get in, but still needed to jump the car. Have no clue what happened and the dealer said no codes registered in the computer so "nothing happened" according to them. I came out of an 2005 Acura TL and will drop the Maxima like a hot potato when the lease is up in 12 months. Other issues with it have tainted me along with the dealer service.
    Definitely something wrong with your Max! My 10 has not done anything like that and it sounds like something with the battery or electrical with the car. If it happens again, I would do as the Nissan stealer recommended and have it towed to the stealer and have them look at it when the car is dead. Then they can't pull the BS on you that they can't find anything wrong when the damn thing is sitting right in front of them dead!

I have had one or two minor things with my Maxima that have not affected my driving experience and fun but I do have to say that Nissan's terribly poor customer service is making really consider getting another one, not the car itself, but the company.
  • I've had the same problem. I've had it happen several times, and now my battery won't hold a charge. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say. I have to say that thus far (2 years, 24,000 miles) I have been 100% happy with the dealerships response to my issues. Hopefully this will be the same.
  • We ended up having the car towed per the Dealer request when it happened again instead of jump starting. Turned out to be a bad cell in the battery - not sure why it took multiple trips to diagnose this. Anyway, this was 3 months ago & so far no more problems. Hope your problem is solved as well!
  • Same prob everytime i bring it in it dosnt make the noise mainly dose it when its cold out
13»